AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with choosing anime to watch.

Junior Member Calciferr is on a distinguished road Calciferr's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2011 07:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cerealandm1lk Steam ID: calciferrr

Default Help with choosing anime to watch.

I am very picky. Super picky. So if I decide not to watch what you suggested. Dont think of it as an insult, just go wow that kid is really weird. But, I have watched Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Princess Mononoke, and Howls Moving Castle. Please english dubs only. I like some action, really great soundtrack, and a good plot. I freaking love Cowboy Bebop to death, so anything like that would be awesome!

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Help with choosing anime to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Calciferr View Post
    I am very picky. Super picky. So if I decide not to watch what you suggested. Dont think of it as an insult, just go wow that kid is really weird. But, I have watched Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Princess Mononoke, and Howls Moving Castle. Please english dubs only. I like some action, really great soundtrack, and a good plot. I freaking love Cowboy Bebop to death, so anything like that would be awesome!
    Black Lagoon:

Okajima Rokuro is a Japanese businessman in a town full of Japanese businessmen. His normal day consists of social drinking with clients and being kicked around by his bosses. He finally gets a break though, as he's sent by his company to the tropical seas of Eastern China to deliver a disc. But his boat gets hijacked by a band of mercenaries hired to retrieve the disc. Rock (as he is newly dubbed by his captors) catches the interest of the only female merc Revy as she thinks he's worth a ransom, taking him hostage. However, the disc that was stolen has a terrible secret that's unknown to Rock, which causes massive confusion and chaos for both him and his kidnappers.

This is similar to Cowboy Bebob with its episodic nature. The gunfights are also violent and exciting. One thing that I really like about this is that each character is strong in his/her specific field and are never a burden to each other.

Trigun:

Trigun takes place in the distant future on a deserted planet. Vash the Stampede is a gunfighter with a legend so ruthless that he has a $$60,000,000,000 bounty on his head. Entire towns are evacuated upon hearing rumors of his arrival. However, the real Vash the Stampede is not the same man that rumor portrays him to be. The enigmatic and conflicted lead character in Trigun is actually more heroic in nature, and at times a complete and utter idiot.

This one was one of the recommendation in Animelist and since I liked it I put it up. The start of the series are mostly humor and fun gunfights but a serious tone is quickly added before halfway. Don't let Vash's altitude fool you because he is a serious badass.
    Senjougahara Fascination

Junior Member OtakuWild is on a distinguished road OtakuWild's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2011 05:14 PM
    Threads

You should try out Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. It's a violent, bloody type of anime but it's very good! I'm pretty sure you can find the dub somewhere, but it's not that good ^^'

Junior Member Calciferr is on a distinguished road Calciferr's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2011 07:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cerealandm1lk Steam ID: calciferrr

Wow. Thanks doods! Ive heard about Trigun, but forgot about it. Guess now is a better time than ever to try it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information