AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month October Phase 1 Results

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 11:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month October Phase 1 Results

Battle of the Month Phase 1 Results

Woo, so many amazing entries and awesome judges! Let's get this started!

Avi-chan vs. Marudashi

Avi-chan: The judges felt that this was a nice and clean entry, and the colors of the signature give it a nice autumn feel. Normally having all that negative space would hurt a signature, but it helps give it a sense of simplicity here, although it could have a bit of texture to to warm it up just a bit more. The green seems out of place, making it feel more like spring time than like fall. The font is excellent as well as her placement of AG.net.

Marudashi: The judges loved the stock choice. The color choices were awesome and the contrast was in all the right places. The C4Ds go well with it and make the signature well rounded and solid. The blending isn't the greatest, but enough to pull it together. Great placement of the "Spirit of Autumn", but not so much for AG.net. It feels like it was just thrown there without much thought to it.

Overall, the judges went with Marudashi. The sig feels more solid and has better use of effects.

Seung-li vs. Zenister

Seung-li:
    The first thing that the judges loved about this was the text. Amazing font choice and great color blend. This piece has the same problem as avi's, having out of place green that makes it feel more like spring, and also clashes a bit with the orange. The sig also feels a bit cluttered, and the checkers in the bg don't help much.

Zenister: Although this style is more typical to zenister, she pulled it off quite well. The smudging creates simple depth, and it has some nice lighting. It would've been nice to see some more fall colors, but the current colors help blend the stock in more. The leaves don't really blend that well, but add to the feel of fall.

Overall, the judges felt that Zenister wins for her had great depth and lighting.

Daken vs. Serif

Daken: The judges loved the simplicity of the signature. The stock and the background go great together, and it really captures the theme. The text could've been placed lower down so the red text is on top of red leaves, and the dark overlay makes it a bit hard to see the stock.

Serif: Technically speaking the sig has a lot going for it. It's got great lighting and depth, and beautiful font. But the more things you have in it, the less it resembles fall. The signature would feel more like spring if it wasn't for the red. The stock is also odd, not really having anything to do with fall.

It was a very tough choice, but the judges went with Daken. Although Serif's feels more technical, Daken's sig really gives more thought to the theme.

Serated vs. Xey Oiz

Serated: It's nice to see that this sig is different from the others, with the clear focus of the girl. The sig really gives a feel of autumn, although maybe a bit of brown or orange would've helped. The only odd thing is the blue-ish green fading on her lower back. The judges felt it would have looked better as just a solid piece. The text is very small and could be bigger.

Xey Oiz: Another simple piece, but it doesn't suit the theme very well. Nothing about it really screams fall, maybe some brown or red could've helped with that. There's not much blending, and the circle clipping of her hair is really odd. The AG.net text is also noticeably crooked from the line you were trying to make. The sig is nice, but not really for the theme.

Overall, the win goes to Serated. His sig fits the theme better, and technically has more things going for it.

Congrats to everyone who made it, and to everyone who participated! Below is a list of people who will be moving on:

Participant list: (4/16)
    @MaruDashi
    @Zenister
    @Daken
    @Serated
    Last edited by Archaic Devices; 10-23-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 01:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Battle of the Month October Phase 2 Results

Pfffffft, I hardly ever do smudge sigs XD.

Congrats to everyone. All of these entries were really good, and the judgings could have gone either way without surprising me.

See you all in round 2!
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2017 05:06 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Congratulations everyone! Everyone had awesome entries. I'm so jealous ;__;

今日...明日...永遠に...
    I started up a website called Dango News for anime, game, and Japanese news & current events.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2017 06:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

lol, putting ag.net in the corner is something Ive always done, though I'll be more mindful of it in the future. Congrats everyone!

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 11:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Battle of the Month October Phase 1 Results

Also, all the judges spelled your name wrong, @Zenister :x

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 01:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Battle of the Month October Phase 1 Results

Really? It's just a mixture of Zen -- my normal handle on websites -- and Sinister, if that helps them remember in the future.

not that it matters; I mean, call me anything you like. XD Just Zen is fine, or Grace.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information