AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: DC hit by 5.9 earthquake

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default DC hit by 5.9 earthquake

Washington (CNN) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.9 struck Tuesday near the nation's capital and sent shock waves up and down the East Coast.
    "It's one of the largest that we've had there," said U.S. Geological Survey seismologist Lucy Jones. Aftershocks were a concern, she said. "People should be expecting (them), especially over the next hour or two," she added.
    There were no immediate reports of injuries, and only minor damage to buildings was reported. "Currently, there have been no reports of damage to buildings, bridges, roads, power grids, the Indian Point nuclear power plant, or other infrastructure," New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo said in a statement.
    The quake, which struck at 1:51 p.m., was shallow -- just 3.7 miles deep -- and was located 83 miles southwest of Washington and 41miles northwest of Richmond, Virginia, the USGS said.
    The FBI evacuated its buildings in Washington and New York, though they were returning to the 40-story New York facility by 3 p.m. At the Pentagon, police announced that anyone inside could "shelter in place" while security and emergency personnel checked the building for damage. But shortly thereafter, Pentagon workers were allowed to return to their offices.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/23/vir...ake/index.html

luckily it looks like nobody has been hurt.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Default Re: DC hit by 5.9 earthquake

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    Well that's good at least.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I felt it well and clear in Maryland. My coworker and I immediately ran out of our office, and stood by the emergency exit door, waiting to rush out should the quake get violent. But it only lasted for like 10 seconds, so nothing really happened. Other people in the building, including the janitor lady, were all like "What the hell just happened?"

Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads

I live in VA, pretty close to DC, so I felt it first hand. I was in history class and I felt the building and ground shake. I was a bit confused about what happened in the first few seconds because we barely even have them, but it wasn't all that bad. No one got hurt and nothing collapsed as far as I could see. But Hurricane Irene is something I'm a bit worried about. The epicenter was near a nuclear power plant so that was something we were nervous about. All in all, I was surprised when I checked to see it on the news. They really took it out of proportion.
    Last edited by Vanilla Tsundere; 08-23-2011 at 03:32 PM.

♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tsundere View Post
    I was surprised when I checked to see it on the news. They really took it out of proportion.
    The only reason why a simple harmless earthquake was big news is because we barely get any earthquake on the East Coast. This was one last winter, too, which caught everyone off-guard. But I didn't notice it at all since that one happened in the morning when I was still asleep.

Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads

The only reason why a simple harmless earthquake was big news is because we barely get any earthquake on the East Coast. This was one last winter, too, which caught everyone off-guard. But I didn't notice it at all since that one happened in the morning when I was still asleep.
    That's true. I didn't feel the one last winter either. And I have to admit I was really surprised that our side of the country got something!

♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

Magical Llama Man Ryuu battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Batmobile 1989 Batmobile Animated Jaguar XKR
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 12:19 PM
    Threads

So long as no one got hurt. I have a number of friends in the area and they all are okay.

We get them in Illinois from time to time. Nothing really bad though.
    Last edited by battousai_ryuu; 08-23-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Forgot
    Set made by the Wonderfully talented Yukari :3
    "You are slow, even when falling..."
    BLEACH
    Father(/mother O-o): Ryutama
    Mothers: Mikuchuu & SuXrys
    Older Brother to:
    Keena Aya Ashikaga
    Miki~
    Xey Oiz

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The East Coast is generally and genuinely boring (save for NYC), so it's about time we got an earthquake to jolt up some fun =D

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post

More like unfortunately :/

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pfui. If a similar earthquake were to occur in Japan, the trains would probably stop for a couple of minutes, and then life would resume as if nothing happened.

We've been getting aftershocks of simiar maginitude on a frequent basis for a while now after March. There was a pretty big one in the Tohoku region just a week ago, but nobody as much as flinches anymore.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Senior Member Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2011 03:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bloodharbringer Steam ID: Bloodharbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    Pfui. If a similar earthquake were to occur in Japan, the trains would probably stop for a couple of minutes, and then life would resume as if nothing happened.

We've been getting aftershocks of simiar maginitude on a frequent basis for a while now after March. There was a pretty big one in the Tohoku region just a week ago, but nobody as much as flinches anymore.
    More proof that Japan is awesome

[SuperOtaku::: ACTIVATE!!!!]

Closed Thread

Thread Information