Well earlier I tried to start a topic convincing people to get into Fairy Tail. It might have gotten removed due to an external link to an article I WROTE. So I will convince you myself as to why to watch it:

Why you should watch Fairy Tail
If you’re an anime fan, you might have heard of the show Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail has been featured in Weekly Shounen since around 2006 now, and the anime adaption started in 2009. In just those two short years, Fairy Tail has skyrocketed in popularity, rivaling the likes of powerhouse anime’s Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. It is an interesting case… the main protagonist of the series is a pink-haired boy, but that doesn’t scare away the male fan-base – on the contrary, it boosts it. Featuring random humour rivaling the likes of One Piece, with high quality production surpassing that of Bleach, Fairy Tail has made a name for itself in the anime world.

You maybe thinking : Sounds nice, but why should I watch it? What makes Fairy Tail different from many other popular anime? Haven’t we seen it all already with Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece?

Well, let’s look at some reasons why it might just be worth watching.

Reason 1 : It's New, and Popular
While “it is new” may not seem like a compelling argument at first, the fact that it is popular makes it a must to watch. If you’re a real anime fan, chances are you like to “be in the know” when it comes to the biggest anime titles. How many of us waited until One Piece was past episode 500, and only then began to laboriously watch all the episodes. Or how many more of us crammed 300 Naruto Episodes in a week? The Answer: too many of us. Most fans have a tendency to wait until a series is popular, before they start watching/reading it, for fear of wasting time on a new series that leads nowhere – or even worst, gets cancelled.

Well, Fairy Tail is fairly new, with almost 100 episodes. Also, it is already popular, sporting a massive fan base and impressive animation awards. It is guaranteed that it will not be cancelled. In fact, as the Anime superpowers Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach all conclude, Fairy Tail will have taken their place. That’s why this is as good a time as any to watch Fairy Tail, if for no other reason than you will be missing out on the next biggest anime!

Reason 2: It's Fun to Watch
This reason is rather self-explanatory – Fairy Tail is a very fun series to watch. I mean… how could it not be? The main character is a pink-haired dragon slayer named Natsu, and his best friend is a cute flying blue cat named Happy. Natsu is the typical Shounen protagonist – lives for his friends, eats a lot…. And gets motion sick! Well, maybe that last one isn’t typical – but that’s all the reason more to watch Fairy Tail! Unlike in One Piece and Naruto where the episodes can drag on, and are plagued by fillers and flash backs, each Fairy Tail episode is action packed, progresses the storyline, and features minimal flash backs. The relationships between characters is compelling, and Happy is always around to say something funny in his cute voice.

Reason 3 : High Quality Production
Fairy Tail just oozes quality. The animation quality is outstanding, and the soundtrack is very unique compared to most popular anime. The anime has a driving plot, and each of the character’s have their own intriguing back-story. While the plot may not be as emotionally intense and sad as some moments in Naruto or One Piece, it is nonetheless worth the watch!

All in all, Fairy Tail does best what all anime were created to do – it entertains. Watching those 80+ episodes to catch up to the series didn’t once feel like a chore. There are new plot developments at every corner, and the direction of the series is more unpredictable than any other anime I’ve ever seen.

If you have the time to spare, you should really consider watching this series!