AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated/Underrated Anime?

Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads

Default Re: Most Overrated/Underrated Anime?

Having seen tons of these topics I have one thing to say:

How can an anime/manga be overrated when everybody thinks it is overrated?

Naruto and Bleach are constantly mentioned in every single one of these topics, and it's really got me thinking that maybe they aren't so highly thought of anymore. If anything they're put down so much these days that they probably sit somewhere a little bit underrated. They still have a rabid fanbase, I'm sure, but as a whole they are widely hated on. It bothers me that they get mentioned in these topics so much. Bleach, in specific, is really losing its steam in Japan.

One Piece also sits somewhere in between. Unless you live in Japan. Then feel free to call it overrated. But on the internet it's a total love or hate thing. In real life I don't know anybody that likes One Piece. One Piece has haters coming from all directions, and there are a ton of them.

Just had to get that out of the way.

What do I think is overrated? Gintama. I have never seen a single negative thing said about it. Everybody talks like it's the funniest show ever and it's so worth watching. I got around 50 episodes into it. Some of the episodes made me laugh a little, but for the most part it was very unfunny, and the show had no direction whatsoever. It was just random episodes that had no connection. I watched one of the serious arcs that all of the Gintama fans rave about, and I didn't see anything in it. If the whole show was like that, it might be worth watching somewhat, but it isn't.

But I honestly I hate the terms "overrated" and "underrated". Gintama is just in such an extreme position. People tear me apart for saying I never really got into it, and I have never, as I said earlier, seen anybody doubt its greatness aside from me. I wanted so badly to like it. I watched 50 episodes of it. I pretty much had to force myself to.
    Wow, I thank you for your very well thought out post! I for one, do not feel anything negative about Naruto/Bleach, and you certainly have a point that there's just as much haters as there are rabid fans, so I think that evens out the playing field. I've heard Gintama mentioned a lot, but I've never heard of it or have even seen one picture, as far as I know. Yes, "overrated" and "underrated" are certainly subjective terms, so I find it interesting to see people's points of view. c:

♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tsundere View Post
    Wow, I thank you for your very well thought out post! I for one, do not feel anything negative about Naruto/Bleach, and you certainly have a point that there's just as much haters as there are rabid fans, so I think that evens out the playing field. I've heard Gintama mentioned a lot, but I've never heard of it or have even seen one picture, as far as I know. Yes, "overrated" and "underrated" are certainly subjective terms, so I find it interesting to see people's points of view. c:
    This is Gintama (it's a picture).

Now I have to say another anime that I think is quite a bit overrated. However, unlike Gintama, I have seen other people criticize it, though. Katekyo Hitman REBORN! I watched all 203 episodes of it. I can't say I wouldn't watch another season if they decided to make one, however I really think that the fanbase makes this out to be the best when it's really just a very bland Shonen. Not only is it bland, but all of the "friendship" stuff feels really forced.

On the character front, Lambo in his toddler form is one of the most annoying characters ever (and is, of course, still stuck in that form even when we're in the Future arc -_-) In addition, the two female characters make it very hard to believe that a woman actually writes this series. Don't get me wrong, the lack of fanservice regarding them is extremely refreshing, however, they are very stereotypical. They spend all of their time in the kitchen preparing food for the guys and the guys keep them out of the loop of what they're doing for the majority of the anime. As if they're too immature and can't understand anything.

Additionally, I see a lot said about the hot guys in this anime. I disagree. I just really don't care for the artstyle to begin with.

I went off a little there, didn't I? I just see a lot of positive things said about this series and although it wasn't terrible, it really isn't as great as it's made out to be.

~Made by me~

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Award for Most Overrated Anime: Pokemon. It's got legendary games that give you addict-eyes, but its anime is way past its sell-by date. No matter how steep the ratings fall for this show it will still go above other animes that outperform it in major ways.
    Award for Most Underrated Anime: Digimon. It keeps growing and gets more interesting as time passes. Though one season may not be what some fans expect (noting that it's still got uuber-top-notch animation), the next season might entertain them thoroughly. It will get its due one day (more of it, I mean), since the fanbase has remained loyal even 12 years later and they'll still be googling it even when it's remade by animators trying to recapture the magic of the original versions.

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Overrated: FLCL. A lot of people praise this, but I just don't understand why people praise it for being philosophically deep and all that. The humor wasn't for me and I really couldn't relate to the characters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Overrated: Excel Saga. I personally just didn't find it as funny as people make it out to be. And I'll admit the style of humor isn't just something I like.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Underrated: Fuuma no Kojiro. This is what you call a ninja anime combining high school
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Underrated: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. The most innovative action sequences I have ever seen and I have yet to see an anime that tops its originality.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Senior Member Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2012 03:55 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tsundere View Post

That's what I'm asking for. Your opinion.
    I rest my case xD *walks away, slightly embarrassed*

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Quote Originally Posted by nathanromml View Post
    Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. I dunno why do people watch these. I understand that at the first seasons these shows might fit into somebody's taste, but now it is just silly. 500+ episodes? Really!?
    The thing is, I would agree with Naruto and Bleach since I think the quality of these shows have deteriorated over time and it seems like the story is drawing out way more than it should but I actually think One Piece doesn't deserve to be considered over or underrated in this case. It was stated recently that Eiichiro Oda said that the manga right now is only at about the halfway point, meaning he knows what he's doing and he planned this manga out to be this long. I'll bet you haven't seen even half the episodes of One Piece, yet you can complain about it being 500+ episodes long? If you have watched even that much you would see that the quality of this anime hasn't dropped much, if at all, especially compared to Naruto and Bleach. Now I may be a little bit biased when it comes to One Piece, but anyone and everyone who has seen all of the eps or read all of the manga so far usually are pretty biased when it comes to this show. You can ask any of them and I'll guarantee almost all of them with tell you that the quality of this show has never dropped in any of it's seasons. If fact, comparing art quality with Naruto and Bleach, One Piece art has always gotten better, whereas Naruto/Bleach have gone on an up and down slope during their whole time airing. Now I know for sure there is a reason for One Piece's popularily, at least in Japan. There is a reason that in the first half of 2011, the One Piece manga reached #1 in sales, selling over 23 million copies outshining all other manga sales.(BTW the #2 and #3 spots both had 3 mil sales each)

The thing I don't understand is how someone can call an anime overrated or underrated without even watching the whole thing, or even enough for them to establish a proper opinion. Juuuust saying.

Anyway, overrated: Death Note - This anime tried to be WAY too serious and all the main character's skills of deduction were way too amazing that it seemed way too unreal. "OMG, you blinked, therefore you are the one who took in the blah blah and then your friend did this and you went there and this happened so YOU ARE THE MURDERER! zOMG!" I read this manga when it was first released and watched the anime when it first aired, and thought it was interesting up until it got a little too serious. Just so happened to be the time when everyone started fanboy/girl-ing over this, and yeah, that didn't help either.

Underrated: Akagi, Kaiji, Kurenai, Monster, Cross Game, Kaiba, Hatarakiman, Mushishi, ROD, Beck, Cromartie HS, Pani Poni Dash, and hell... Princess Tutu? Lol Too many to name.

Senior Member randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:59 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen-sama View Post
    Underrated
    Fairy Tail(its waay better then all 3 of those)
    Yes!

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

You said that you are biased because you saw whole One Piece, but then you said it's impossible to judge the show objectively without watching it all? Do I smell a logical mistake?
    But, anyway. I do not wish to discuss One Piece with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    Death Note - This anime tried to be WAY too serious
    Give me one reason why there should be any comedic scene in Death Note.
    Also, it is awesome partly because of how serious and gloomy it is....and the atmospheric, realistic color-less artstyle.

main character's skills of deduction were way too amazing
    Most of the characters were detectives. You'd figure out that the skills of deduction of a detective are way higher then those of the average viewer.
    And Light just happened to be a smart guy. You see....the problem with most of anime is that the characters are idiots, "just so the audience won't get lost" I presume.
    Last edited by nrL; 07-27-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Senior Member Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2012 03:55 AM
    Threads

[...]Most of the characters were detectives. You'd figure out that the skills of deduction of a detective are way higher then those of the average viewer.
    And Light just happened to be a smart guy. You see....the problem with most of anime is that the characters are idiots, "just so the audience won't get lost" I presume.
    I'll follow up on this one
    For the viewer to be able to understand a certain plot, it is either required that the main character starts from scratch (as well as the viewer; eg. Naruto, D. Gray Man, Bleach, etc.) or that things are "summed up" for the the main character/viewer, even though a lot of internal info has already been learned. The only other option is for the viewer to be already knowing of a certain piece of information, say a law of physic or something alike, or that the viewer to be lost in darkness for the whole series

So really, it shouldn't matter if a character has super-human deduction abilities, as long as the viewer gets "in" on the way-of-thought

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You said that you are biased because you saw whole One Piece, but then you said it's impossible to judge the show objectively without watching it all? Do I smell a logical mistake?
    Read again. "The thing I don't understand is how someone can call an anime overrated or underrated without even watching the whole thing, or even enough for them to establish a proper opinion. Juuuust saying."

Give me one reason why there should be any comedic scene in Death Note.
    Also, it is awesome partly because of how serious and gloomy it is....and the atmospheric, realistic color-less artstyle.
    Did I ever say that it needed a comedic aspect? Hell no, so don't put words in my mouth. I said it tried to be WAY too series

Most of the characters were detectives. You'd figure out that the skills of deduction of a detective are way higher then those of the average viewer.
    No. I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying. It's not how smart or how much of a detective they are. Their skills of deducing anything were too unreal. Maybe since the anime was forced to make the audience think inside their own little box and thinking outside of that box would only ruin the experience, you didn't catch all the holes in their way of thinking. Wait a sec, I'm going to watch a random episode real quick to prove my point. Alriiighty. 2nd episode rewatched. Okie dokie... L uses Lind L. Tailor to prove that Kira was in Kanto region of Japan. He automatically starts looking for any suspects in the area, but who's to say that Kira is even ONE person? Could be multiple. Who's to say that he was a resident? He could have easily been someone visiting Japan or a Japanese resident staying in Kanto. This is the sort of pinpointing I'm talking about. There's a broader view to look at when not being boxed in with the whole ideal of animated teen geniuses going at it. You're giving Deathnote way too much credit. The mangaka isn't a genius and there are bound to be a generous amount of things that won't make too much sense when you actually think about it. It's cool to get carried away with the story but don't go thinking the entire plot is full-proof, because it's not, MOST-ESPECIALLY with anime like this, that try to be too serious when it comes to powers of deduction.

And this is why it's overrated.

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Did I ever say that it needed a comedic aspect? Hell no, so don't put words in my mouth. I said it [b]tried to be WAY too series
    Saying it's too serious is the same as saying it needs comedy.

L uses Lind L. Tailor to prove that Kira was in Kanto region of Japan. He automatically starts looking for any suspects in the area, but who's to say that Kira is even ONE person? Could be multiple. Who's to say that he was a resident? He could have easily been someone visiting Japan or a Japanese resident staying in Kanto.
    Okay, these are some random reasons why....not all, not all, but I don't bother to write more.

That was their best shot. Their only relatively solid lead. If it didn't work, then they would broadcast it all over Japan and then all over the world. It was worth a try; also, the idea that tourist would start killing people in foreign country is....interesting, and could be truth, but the option that Kira was living there daily was far more possible.

If this was an organisation they would act more professionally. Not targeting random criminals that were shown in the public news. Not testing their power on the random person. And what's up with killing random criminals at all? It's not something a group of people would likely agree to do, for multiple reasons;far more likely that it was a single ego-centric maniac; still, the possibility that it was an organisation remained; if so, they may be operating from Kanto/Japan...worth a try.

But I'm not going to discuss Death Note episode by episode with you;You believe their deduction skills are unrealistic? I say you are wrong. Ende. I won't participate in this one further.

Also, your spellcheck is sometimes failing you.

Resident Japanese Girl
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    What do I think is overrated? Gintama. I have never seen a single negative thing said about it. Everybody talks like it's the funniest show ever and it's so worth watching. I got around 50 episodes into it. Some of the episodes made me laugh a little, but for the most part it was very unfunny, and the show had no direction whatsoever. It was just random episodes that had no connection. I watched one of the serious arcs that all of the Gintama fans rave about, and I didn't see anything in it. If the whole show was like that, it might be worth watching somewhat, but it isn't.

But I honestly I hate the terms "overrated" and "underrated". Gintama is just in such an extreme position. People tear me apart for saying I never really got into it, and I have never, as I said earlier, seen anybody doubt its greatness aside from me. I wanted so badly to like it. I watched 50 episodes of it. I pretty much had to force myself to.
    I didn't know Gintama was so popular. O_o

I personally see Gintama as like the Japanese equivalent of Family Guy. It doesn't have any real plot, and the humour is kinda vulgar. Maybe it was the fact that I only saw an episode a week (I watched it when it first aired on tv), but I found it to be fairly enjoyable. But I didn't really get that into it.

I'm not gonna call an anime "overrated" just because I don't agree with what it's fan base says about it, because that all just comes down to one's personal view of things. So yeah... I don't really think any anime is overrated.

...Except HOTD. HOTD can go die in a hole. //12

I personally think Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey and Clover) is very underrated. And I really can't see why. The animation is beautiful. The soundtrack is awesome. And the characters are lovable (and believable). And it's got a solid plot. I would highly recomend it to anyone who is into romance/comedy.
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Saying it's too serious is the same as saying it needs comedy.
    No. It doesn't. Let me put it this way... if something is too salty, that doesn't mean it needs more sugar. You get what I'm trying to say? If not, then... LOL, I might as well be debating with a wall.

Okay, these are some random reasons why....not all, not all, but I don't bother to write more.

That was their best shot. Their only relatively solid lead. If it didn't work, then they would broadcast it all over Japan and then all over the world. It was worth a try; also, the idea that tourist would start killing people in foreign country is....interesting, and could be truth, but the option that Kira was living there daily was far more possible.

If this was an organisation they would act more professionally. Not targeting random criminals that were shown in the public news. Not testing their power on the random person. And what's up with killing random criminals at all? It's not something a group of people would likely agree to do, for multiple reasons;far more likely that it was a single ego-centric maniac; still, the possibility that it was an organisation remained; if so, they may be operating from Kanto/Japan...worth a try.

But I'm not going to discuss Death Note episode by episode with you;You believe their deduction skills are unrealistic? I say you are wrong. Ende. I won't participate in this one further.
    The fact is that L decided on it being one person and that one person being a resident of the area. He didn't even entertain the idea that it could be a group of people or that it could be a tourist. He just decided, and that was that. No "ands" or "buts" about it, just decided what he thought was fact and went with it. THIS is why Deathnote is unrealistic, no matter how much you try and defend L's point of view, he didn't think whatever you're thinking, he just came up with the idea and decided on it. The plot isn't as full proof as you think, just accept it.

Also, your spellcheck is sometimes failing you.
    I don't think you're one to talk. Lol.
    Last edited by MistaCloudStrife; 07-27-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

LOL, I might as well be debating with a wall.
    That's probably right. And the wall already said it's no longer interested in debating Death Note...I believe that if the 3rd party person read this conversation they would conclude that this was a debate between two walls. But then, how would the said debate be possible?
    Inb4randomBattlertryingtoprovewedon'texist

I don't think you're one to talk. Lol.
    I'm a wall. Walls don't talk.
    But spellcheck is indeed one treacherous device.

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Quote Originally Posted by suzumi View Post
    I didn't know Gintama was so popular. O_o

I personally see Gintama as like the Japanese equivalent of Family Guy. It doesn't have any real plot, and the humour is kinda vulgar. Maybe it was the fact that I only saw an episode a week (I watched it when it first aired on tv), but I found it to be fairly enjoyable. But I didn't really get that into it
    On sites like MyAnimeList, it is ranked #1 (by a wide margin). It has an incredible amount of hype right now, and I hardly see anybody questioning its greatness. If you do try, be prepared to be ripped to shreds. lol. That's what I'm seeing from that fanbase right now, anyway.

And, yeah, it might be kind of like Family Guy. However, it has serious arcs from time to time that are supposed to be incredible and really emotional. I watched one of them, and it wasn't anything too special.

...Except HOTD. HOTD can go die in a hole. //12
    We can agree on that. 100%. =P
    Last edited by Aulos; 07-27-2011 at 11:47 AM.

~Made by me~

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Overrated: Naruto

Underrated: A lot of series.

Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

you have no right to discuss logicality when you claim that a show is overrated due to its length

18. Likes Aulos liked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Overrated, Inuyasha.

Underrated, MS Igloo and MS Igloo 2
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If anything, One Piece is underrated.

At least in America.

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Masakisu View Post
    you have no right to discuss logicality when you claim that a show is overrated due to its length
    I don't? I think I do.
    It's not like it's forbidden....

Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

well of course you have the 'right' to, it's just you look like a plonker whilst doing it

Three Nil Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Bleach Ichigo Mask Soras Keyblade Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 04:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Todd;2579616]I agree with @Aizen-sama with most of his underrated animes.

Overrated: Full Metal Alchemist(It's just plain stupid, I cannot get into it for the life of me. The story isn't even that compelling, if at all)

Cowboy Bebop(I also can't stand this one, just too boring)

Gurren Lagann(I enjoyed this series, don't get me wrong, but the ending sucked and the story wasnt the greatest thing in the world either, it was ok.)

One Piece(I've tried watching it and not very interesting at all)

FMA is very good to me. It has great comedy the plot is very good(and both brotherhood and the normal one is good to me)
    Cowboy Bepop is amazing!! Just the other day my friend said the same thing you did lol xD I love it its not overly flashy and stuffs like alot of these animes
    Gurren Lagan was ok I dont think its overrated because i never hear people really talk about it *shrugs*
    One Piece is my favorite shounen manga I love the entire Strawhat crew. the characters are unique. The action is very good. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Capitán View Post
    Tenjo Tenge.
    Tenjo Tenge would probably be more popular if they didnt stop makign episodes for it when it got to the juicy bits =_="

Quote Originally Posted by Masakisu View Post
    Naruto certainly, but as far as Bleach goes... eeeeeehhhhh, Ichigo's never really had a single set goal. First it was saving Rukia, then it was defeating Aizen, now it's regaining his Shinigami powers... hence why Bleach has always been a bit naff plot-wise. General-wise really. Though granted, it's the best it's been since the Introductory Arc (which was pretty much some of the best shounen ever) right now.
    Honestly its because of Ichigo that Bleach is just annoying in my opinion. Ichigo is the absolute WORST main character out of all the manga's and animes i have read and watched.

Also to add to my list of overrated
    Ninja Scroll. It was boring to me i didnt like the movie at all it just...was not the best feudal anime to me >.>;
    Dragonball Z...honestly it sucks...its the perfect show for americans, mindless brutality with no plot =___________="

Underrated
    Angel Beat! I loved this anime it was funny, and has good plot to it
    Katanagatari- This is my favorite feudal anime. Its not all super ninja-e like naruto or inuyasha. Its basic and simple fights with a little bit of supernatural in it. The plot is perfect not overly dramatic.
    Baccano- This anime has the best english voices out of all the animes i have listened to in dubs. The plot is amazing(although some may find it hard to keep up with the flashbacks and flashforwards) good action. has the mix of mafia and alchemy with supernatural elements, good comedic moments.

"Dark light come shine in her lost heart tonight
    And blind all fears that haunt her with your smile
    Dark light"-HIM

Member z3y2x1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past z3y2x1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 12:35 AM
    Threads

Naruto is overrated, but also a lot of my favorite series which appeared on Adult Swim are probably overrated as well..

Member Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 09:19 PM
    Threads

Overrated: Death Note (not because it's "bad", it was one of the smartest series I've ever seen, but then I realised that most--not all--of the fanbase......eh...like the whole Invader ZIM kinda' deal)
    -Bleach (it was good at first, but I stopped watching after they introduced the bounts because it wasn't even the same anime anymore >.>)
    -Naruto (because someone who's not anime-savvy will ALWAYS relate other animes to either Naruto or Pokemon. And my mom's in love with it, and I'm sick of hearing it.....yes, you may laugh and point, now XD)
    -Kekkaishi (not sure if I even spelled that right XD In my opinion, it's not that good, and now a lot of people suddenly love it because it airs on Adult Swim.....)

Underrated: Disgaea (Dude, it's based off one of the best strategy RPGs ever!! ;A
    -Pani Poni Dash (.......that show......has EVERYTHING)
    -Kurau: Phantom Memory (Verrry interesting anime. I don't see why people don't give it as much credit as they should.)

Member Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2011 04:18 PM
    Threads

Iduno about overrated...but I think Beck is a tad underrated, along with skip beat heh^^
    The dreams we are chasing and the reality that is chasing us are always parallel; they never meet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information