AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you could program, what would you make?

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default If you could program, what would you make?

I figure a hypothetical question would liven up the place.

What would you make? An O.S.? A widget? What? And be somewhat detailed, "You don't have to paint the Mona Lisa, just don't draw a stick figure".

For me I'd make a visual/virtual O.S.. Your "desktop" is a 3D field you can customize, the screen being the point of view. The amount of customization would only be limited to your imagination and the P.C.'s hardware. Whenever a music player would be playing it would effect the lighting, feeling and overall mood of the 3D plane.

In such like say if it was a sunny field with flowers and beautiful trees, and you play a song of a genre and subtype and by the tempo would define to the O.S. that it was a sad type song and it would get cloudy and darker, start raining, the flowers would close up. Not just a simple change of scenery but it would continue to change if the song itself picked back up. And if there is no input, instead of a screensaver, in music mode the camera/P.O.V. would automatically travel around the 3D plane.

Webpages and programs would appear similar to billboards you pass on the roads, to me it would look better than everything on a little bar that after ten things you can tell what they are. Unless the program was made specifically for the O.S.

I can't really say this is a new idea, but it is one that interests me, I hope to one day see this instead of the usual "box", gui.
    Last edited by niKopol; 06-16-2011 at 08:27 PM.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: If you could program, what would you make?

I'd program a bot for Tribal Wars, I know a buddy of mine is already working on one.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Probably create various programs to help the Japanese game translation community I've made use of over the pass few years.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I do program and I have made a few things. Though as far as dreams go I want to make a program that can easily link all the electronic devices in ones home. I know this is already done, but I have yet to see one that truly impressed me. So thats why one day I would like to do it.

Another thing I have wanted to do from a very young age is make a fully original RPG game for the computer. I have done this in the past though I want to improve greatly on it.
    Gero Server Guru

Member zekes is on a distinguished road zekes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2011 09:06 PM
    Threads

If I can create and make a program for it I would chose to produce exciting games that will be a surely a major hit for kids and adults like Angry Birds.

Senior Member Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 04:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There are several things that I would produce. I am all for customization.
    • A web browser. Something similar to Google Chrome but more customizable.
    • An email client like Mozilla's Thunderbird and Inbox2. I would make the GUI user-friendly and attractive, with hogging the system's memory and CPU usage(unlike Inbox2, which I only recommend for desktops, never laptops and netbooks) Everything would be customizable, from icons to text. I would also include a side module of addresses, calendars, notes, and whatnot. I would link Facebook, twitter and other social clients. The main purpose is social contact. Ehh.
    • An in-browser MMORPG like Runescape and Kingdom of Loathing and Adventure Quest, or a Java based game like SEYKEN. I wouldn't have the menu cluttered with so many things. I'd keep it simple with attack, magic, and something technology based. It would be a fantasy game with classes within classes to choose from.(Soldier>Paladin>Guardian, Mage> Dark Mage or Priestess> Archmage etc.) I'd say the game would be a combination of Elder Scroll's Oblivion, Runescape, and Seyken. I would also try to keep it free like KoL, with no special memberships and spending moolah on better things.

There's a lot of things I would like to program but I'm kind of brain dead right now.
    ooshy ooshy ooshy
    Website|Deviantart
    Msn, email, icq, Facebook? Ask

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Shell scripts are often far easier, and if ever you could stand on the shoulders of giants...

I've got an ugly but simple & functional little audio CD burner script I wrote because my laptop refused to play nice with every GUI burner I tried. It ended up being easier to just prompt for user input and pass it along to existing command-line programs. It's not the slickest, but I've seen (and done) far worse. Had a nice Bash script in the works that parsed the targets of Windows *.lnk files, too, but I ended up finding out about a better, already finished Perl script, so I've taken to using that instead. I've done a few others, though, being too lazy to commit FFmpeg commands and the like to memory.

I suppose if I ever got into serious programming, I'd be more inclined to modify or contribute to an existing code base, just 'cause I'm practically lazy like that and it's potentially more expedient, given the proper code base and licensing scheme. Certain options come to mind that I wouldn't mind seeing added to JWM.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 07-26-2011 at 08:12 PM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm a fairly experienced programmer, and I'm currently completely out of inspiration.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Bleach Urahara Hat
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2012 07:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: robthespidermnky

i program a lot on Linux. most of my programs are games and crap like that but i do do some programs like the portable apps for Linux ( the Linux equivalent of microcosm word, excel, etc.) but one thing I want to program that i cant seem to get down is a program that you can implant a section of information from your computer (i.e. an anime or some music) and it can scan the internet and pull of files of the same and files that are similar to the main file

Member symphofear is a jewel in the rough symphofear is a jewel in the rough symphofear is a jewel in the rough symphofear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2014 12:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fearroi PSN ID: Symphofear Steam ID: Symphofear

I wish i could create an Artificial Intelligence that could speak! of course this AI is displayed as a 3D character on my desktop =D.
    I know programming but this would be far from what i can reach... T.T

Member TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino has a reputation beyond repute TranceLoverFilipino's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hedgehog Alfa Romeo GTV Laptop
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2012 05:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i will make a software that allows to create anime characters without drawing by hand or mouse pointer. just selecting parts,movement,pose and color option. wasn't that fun?...
    the fact that we love nothingness is alive.
    the fact that we have intelligence nothingness is alive.
    And the fact that were alive nothingness is alive.

Junior Member Max_ is on a distinguished road Max_'s Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2011 09:25 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TranceLoverFilipino View Post
    i will make a software that allows to create anime characters without drawing by hand or mouse pointer. just selecting parts,movement,pose and color option. wasn't that fun?...
    There is software out there called Poser that lets your customize 3d characters to a degree and pose them, do animations, etc. Daz3d makes two anime like figures for poser called Hiro and Aiko which can be modified and posed.

I can program a little. I am currently interested in OS design and am learning the c programming language. I would like to make an OS, but probably existing Apple/Microsoft software patents would make it prohibitive. However, I have recently come across an article on Minix. http://www.osnews.com/story/25351/Ta...ks_MINIX_Linux

Unlike linux and the bsd's which are probably millions of lines of code, minix is only in the thousands and there is a book (although expensive) that explains how it works under the hood.

Junior Member Meteor Dragon is a glorious beacon of light Meteor Dragon is a glorious beacon of light Meteor Dragon is a glorious beacon of light Meteor Dragon is a glorious beacon of light Meteor Dragon is a glorious beacon of light Meteor Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2011 02:14 AM
    Threads

I do programming, and currently working on an OS. Windows 7/XP/Vista are big projects consists of big teams for better graphics, error fixes, et cetera. So, even if you could make an OS that can run simple commands, it's great. Also, AI.. Working on those, too, as a project.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information