AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Social Group Options

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Default Social Group Options

I hope it is okay to write this here! xD

Okay, I was wondering for the groups/clubs if one of the admins don't so much dislike two improvement ideas.
    The first is that I think it would be much better if you could make longer posts in the group discussions. The word limit is very tight and it can sometimes mean making multiple posts anyway to say what you want to.
    The second is that I think it would be nice to give group owners an option as to whether they want other members to be able to post their own discussions in the group or not. You have different group types as in public or moderated, but I don't believe that that option is enabled. I don't know whether this version of vBulletin supports that, but I don't see why not.

Anyway, those are just my ideas and no one has to listen to me. I think it would just make the group experience much more entertaining. ^^

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Social Group Options

The second one can be done, however, it can't be done to a single group. If the option for only the group administrator to the be only one to create discussions, it applies to all groups.

I'm not sure if the rest wants that. =\ I suggest just delete the discussion made by that person and tell him/her that only you are allowed to create the discussions.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-14-2011 at 09:01 AM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Default Re: Social Group Options

@Kaitou+
    I know it can be done, I just wasn't sure about vB.... wait, this is version 4? I thought it was still only version 3! @_@
    And I know it applies to all groups, but it's the group owners choice as to whether they wish to enable that option or not, isn't it?

I know you can delete things, but I hate the deletion notices left behind. =x

Edit: Yes, it is optional in the admincp under
    Settings
    > Group Options
    > Allow Group Owners to Limit New Discussions to Themselves
    with the description reading "Allows users to create Groups where only they can create new discussions.".
    Last edited by Hikarin; 06-14-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information