AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: I Believe My Thread Was Unfairly Locked.

Hybrid View

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex Popsicle Mario Item Box
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2019 09:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default I Believe My Thread Was Unfairly Locked.

First off, let me clarify a few things.

I apologize for my last thread on my infractions. It was immature, and appeared as, to many of you, an attempt to ridicule Ericgamer1. I realize that profanity (swearing) is against the rule under the section General. (although it does not include any mention of self-censoring being against the rules, but regardless, I did swear) Overall, I did not act properly, and for that I apologize to Ericgamer1, and to the community at large.

However, a second issue has arisen. I created a thread, intending to give the gaming community of AF a place to socialize and be provided with entertainment by myself in the form of watching me play video games. The threads purpose was to inform people of when I was to be streaming, to provide a place for discussion of current streams, potential games that could be streamed in the future, tips/tricks on the game that are to be streamed, or general post-stream discussion. The original post can be found here. In the post, I provided two links: One to the Ustream channel on which I would stream, and a link to a group on AF dedicated to the stream. According to the current rules as of 1/16/11, I have not done anything that is against these rules. Despite this, apparently less than five minutes after I posted the thread, it was locked for the reason of “something for the blogs.”

There was (surprisingly) no profanity; there technically was no advertising (I say this because there is no profit being made from the stream, I am a minor so I couldn’t make a profit even if I wanted to, and this stream is entirely for the community, so to say this advertising is bannable would be to say that promoting newcomers to join is also bannable); I did not spam and provided an explanation and stream info; I did not mention any other members and therefore did not harass, flame, bully or threaten anyone; there is no Pirated/Ripped content in this post, and it was completely PG, with no innuendos or anything similar. This is not a duplicate thread, no prefix was required, no illegal activity was mentioned, and it was not a Versus thread.

Some of you may ask, “Why didn’t you message him yourself or something to resolve it?” I attempted to, although I was not that patient. At 11:43PM, I sent him a Visitor Message, saying, “Okay, now this is harassment man. Why did you lock my thread?” I truly felt as if I had been harassed because this was a bit more than coincidental, especially with it being locked less than five minutes after I posted it. The response I got, at 11:47PM was, “I locked your thread because there was nothing to discuss and it would have been more appropriate for your blog? o_O;” MY response to this was,
    “There was nothing to discuss"

Did you even read my thread? It's a STREAM dedicated to VIDEO GAMING. There can be discussion for a) my playing style b) the game itself c) the stream itself d) the player himself e) other games that could be featured on the stream, etc...

Why would it be more appropriate for my blog? It's about video gaming. There should be no harm in posting it. I have not broken a single rule.”
    Over the next thirty minutes or so, Ericgamer1 looked over the rules a few times, and decided not to respond. I was (slightly) patient. I need this resolved as, if the thread is going to be remained locked, then I need to change my schedule tomorrow, and abandon the idea altogether. There was no reason he could not have seen my notification, and I believe he decided to ignore it. This is why I posted this thread. I do not understand why my thread was locked, as I clearly did not break a single rule and intended to create something that would be beneficial to the community.

I hope I explained my situation in a mature manner, and that it can be resolved. Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Scruffy; 06-09-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I Believe My Thread Was Unfairly Locked.

It's not really my issue, but I think this idea "is more suitable for a blog and it holds no discussion" is quite absurd. When @Ericgamer1 and I were discussing ideas for the Video Game section and I suggested tutorials, he rejected it and gave me the former reason. It wasn't a big deal for me especially when he was right. Tutorial threads really don't have a large amount of post. In Scruffy's case, his thread really had potential to form conversations between members. I really think it's completely silly considering the amount of trash threads that have a weak sense of a conversation and people mostly posts and never touch the thread (or usually makes a stupid or witty comment) gets allowed and when threads like Scruffy's have more potential when it comes to contributing with the forum.

Here's an example of threads that could easily be consider both stupid and spam by an average (in general)forum user: (People usually post on them but 1) Like I said, post and never view the thread again and 2) Make a witty or stupid reply.
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?102721-What-IF
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...An-Anime-Manga
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?102842-Oh-my-God!-I-m-blind
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-a-raft-at-sea
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...Cross-The-Road
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-s-Your-Poison

I fail to understand how some of these threads are acceptable where they in no way contribute to the forum and rather fill it with spam.
    Of course, there are general threads like The Latest Buy thread of mine or the What made you happy? Thread...Those threads can easily pass as they are general threads you will find on your average forum. But how a thread about a chicken crossing the river more important than a thread where a member contributes with the forum by providing some sort of useful material to the unspecific forum?

I understand Scruffy's thread was a form of advertisement but it has more potential as a contributor than the threads I listed, because like I said, it provides useful material.

Just my two cents on the ludicrous situation.

EDIT: And about blogs....Not everyone checks blogs and the material is more of a hassle to access rather than just a thread. A blog is pretty much useless as well as many people make blogs everyday and it pushes down your blog entry which makes it worthless efforts of good contribution.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-10-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Senior Member tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Book Be Mine Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2015 05:11 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i'm not into video gaming [i don't know how and noone could teach me]
    but hey i understand what both of you feel--

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

I would agree with Eric, that this really is a lot better done in your blog. It has potential, but initially it would be a one-sided thing with people going to view your stream and give you comments, and as a general rule single creator items of that nature are best done in your blog. if it really takes off and has a regular audience, then I can see moving it into the game forum.
    Another potential issue from my end, would be if others wanted to do something similar, it wouldn't be fair to deny it to others, but it would also not work as multiple threads. My suggestion really would be to start it in your blog, advertise it in your sig, and if it works well, I will have no issues in moving it to the game forum, and it'd be a fairly clear path to getting a thread of that nature for anyone else who might be interested in it.

Since watching you game is a time-sensitive thing anyway, I don't think the nature of the blogs to push things down will adversely impact it, since you can make a post ahead of time to schedule it, and another when starting, which would be at the top of the blog list just when you'd want people to see it.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am just going to ignore @Aleyna as I am a better person than that and I don't aim for bickering. I come in peace and to reasonably discussed about this matter.

I am not starting beef with people and I don't think no one is. We are here to discuss this matter like mature adults, so please, if you don't have any worth contributing please stay refrain from posting. You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    I would agree with Eric, that this really is a lot better done in your blog. It has potential, but initially it would be a one-sided thing with people going to view your stream and give you comments, and as a general rule single creator items of that nature are best done in your blog. if it really takes off and has a regular audience, then I can see moving it into the game forum.
    Another potential issue from my end, would be if others wanted to do something similar, it wouldn't be fair to deny it to others, but it would also not work as multiple threads. My suggestion really would be to start it in your blog, advertise it in your sig, and if it works well, I will have no issues in moving it to the game forum, and it'd be a fairly clear path to getting a thread of that nature for anyone else who might be interested in it.

Since watching you game is a time-sensitive thing anyway, I don't think the nature of the blogs to push things down will adversely impact it, since you can make a post ahead of time to schedule it, and another when starting, which would be at the top of the blog list just when you'd want people to see it.
    I am completely aware of that and understand what you are proposing. But if such threads I listed were accepted, why not threads that are less harmless and more contributing to the forum? I mean, a post stating "I drink Orange Juice with my Pizza" is a lot less contributing compared to a post commenting on material that involves the contribution of the forum.

On the same note, sort-of...What happened to the gaming section/site(or whatever) on AnimeGlobe(?) back when Kishiro was a mod?

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I am just going to ignore @Aleyna as I am a better person than that and I don't aim for bickering. I come in peace and to reasonably discussed about this matter.

I am not starting beef with people and I don't think no one is. We are here to discuss this matter like mature adults, so please, if you don't have any worth contributing please stay refrain from posting. You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself.
    Really you're a better person? There's not such thing as a better person. Everyone is equal. With this being said, you make just as many stupid and idiotic threads and other people on this site, and don't even post your own. Yea, you're a hypocrite.

You are extremely a bicker person. You are just 2-faced and sneaky about it, like how you include threads of mine in your examples of spammy and stupid threads when you have made tons of spammy threads, in fact plenty of people on this site know you as someone who makes spammy threads and posts. You really don't come in peace, you're just adding onto a flame that already started, mostly just cause you're mad that you're not the game moderator and pretty much are going to do any sort of whining that you can to make Eric look bad just cause you don't have his position even though you're are moderator on another site.

Not starting a beef? That's total bull man. You already have a beef with me, just because I'm not talking to you for a month, so now you're trying to start crud with me on here, even though you know that I was harassed on here a long time ago. That's soooo nice of you to come harass me on here. Not. You're a total jerk.

Ohhh I did have stuff worth contributing. I just gave more examples of stupid and spammy threads that can be closed, like your stuff. I don't mind if Scruffy's thread is reopened, but I can see why it was closed. Also, threads eventually get stacked down, just differently then how journals get stacked down, so in the end, they all get stacked down and eventually hard to view for people so I think it was pointless to mention that.

I can say pretty much whatever I want to say on here as long as I follow the rules. Now I'm done posting in this topic. I've said what I've had to contribute.
    Oh, one more thing, QUIT HARASSING ME ON HERE! Peace.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aleyna View Post
    Really you're a better person? There's not such thing as a better person. Everyone is equal. With this being said, you make just as many stupid and idiotic threads and other people on this site, and don't even post your own. Yea, you're a hypocrite.
    Do we really need to start relegating our fellow AFers' threads as being "spammy" or "stupid"? Me thinks not.

Now, understandably, they could be interpreted as such to some, but I believe that every example listed here, by both Kaitou and Aleyna, was awesome in its own way, and I'd like to believe that a good deal of my fellow AFers feel the same. We had our fun with them, and really, isn't that what's most important when all is said and done?

I believe it is. So let's try to calm down some before we turn this into a flame war, k?

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post

I appreciate and respect the fact that you made a reasonable and helpful post.

In my opinion, as @Kaitou+ stated, many threads that currently exist on this forum are filled with complete spam, and no intelligible discussion. There's, arguably, not much of a unifying communication or presence brought forth by these threads. This is why I created the thread in the Video Gaming section. The stream will be showcasing games. Discussion on the thread could involve both the stream and the game itself, while suggesting other potential titles. I have made these points before, but I thought it would be good to reiterate why the thread deserves to remain on the Video Games forum.

With regards to why I opted for a thread instead of blogging: I would have to create multiple blogs, not a single blog. One for announcing when my next stream is, one for when I'm going live, one for if the stream potentially gets moved or if I have to cancel, etc. Not only is there a chance that my blogs would get pushed off the front page if another person creates a blog, but by creating multiple blogs there is a chance that I will push other peoples blogs off the front page, which is unfair to them if they have provided decent content. A thread will work much better, as whenever people browse the Video Games forum, they will be able to see the thread. It's a lot easier for me to update and manage a thread (because there is a good chance I will constantly update the OP), and it's not like I will be pushing someone elses works off the main page. By having a thread in the Video Games forum, it may grab the interest of someone viewing the forum. If it were a blog that got pushed off the main page, people would have to cycle through the "blogs" tab, and scroll down to find my blog. When you go into the Video Games forum, you have an expectation of video games discussion, and the thread is exactly that.

Also, I don't believe that having other people do this streaming idea is a bad thing. It could spark interest in the forum, and generate activity and likely more discussions. If I'm not given a chance with this thread, this opportunity might not happen.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Scruffy; 06-10-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Banned Forum / Chat Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Portal Blueportal Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2011 08:04 PM
    Threads

Mods shouldn't be selective with the spam posts/topics they remove. If you're going to close Scruffy's topic, please at least work on the rest of the (and far less contributory) posts/topic! ^^;;

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UmJammerEri View Post
    Mods shouldn't be selective with the spam posts/topics they remove. If you're going to close Scruffy's topic, please at least work on the rest of the (and far less contributory) posts/topic! ^^;;
    Eric has no mod-powers outside of the videogame forum. As such, pulling up topics from Misc. is not proving anything. If you take a look at the videogame forum, you'll see that there are very few spam posts on the first page. I, as well, agree with Eric and Ace. The thread in question belongs in your blog.

Not that I have any sway in the moderation of the forum.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    Eric has no mod-powers outside of the videogame forum. As such, pulling up topics from Misc. is not proving anything. If you take a look at the videogame forum, you'll see that there are very few spam posts on the first page. I, as well, agree with Eric and Ace. The thread in question belongs in your blog.

Not that I have any sway in the moderation of the forum.
    Eric is a part of the moderation team. I believe @UmJammerEri was referring to the moderation team as a whole, which includes @Ericgamer1 .

@Kaitou+ was also referring to the moderation team as a whole, and that is why he used his examples of threads filled with spam, to present the point that selective locking of spam threads across the entire forum is unfair. It is irrelevant as to which forum it occurred on.

Also, you just stated that "there are very few spam posts on the first page." This only adds to my argument: for a thread that is aimed to promote activity within the Video Game forum and generate discussion that is video-game related, why was I locked when there are "very few" spam posts in the thread that should be attended to?
    Last edited by Scruffy; 06-10-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Eric is a part of the moderation team. I believe @UmJammerEri was referring to the moderation team as a whole, which includes @Ericgamer1 .

@Kaitou+ was also referring to the moderation team as a whole, and that is why he used his examples of threads filled with spam, to present the point that selective locking of spam threads across the entire forum is unfair. It is irrelevant as to which forum it occurred on.
    They moderate different things. Misc. only survives because of the many spammy posts in it. Videogames is vastly more specific subject. Again, Eric is not Eris. They, obviously, have different definitions of what qualifies as a specifically spam thread, and what qualifies as a specifically as a spam thread differs in each of the forums. Eric closed your thread because it belongs in your blog. If I started a livestream of me bashing Twilight, in the Literature forum, it would be closed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Also, you just stated that "there are very few spam posts on the first page." This only adds to my argument: for a thread that is aimed to promote activity within the Videogame forum and generate discussion that is video-game related, why was I locked when there are "very few" spam posts in the thread that should be attended to?
    This doesn't add to your argument. Just because there are few spam threads on Videogames does not mean that your thread belonged there instead of your blog. It wasn't locked because it was spam, it was locked because it didn't belong.

Also, livestream has a chat system already in place, at least they did the last time I watched a stream. A thread in Videogames serves no purpose when people are discussing what's going on in the stream on the stream.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 06-10-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    They moderate different things.
    Do they not follow the same rules? Read my OP. I went through every single rule and my post did not break a single one.
    Eric closed your thread because it belongs in your blog.
    Again, why does it? Have you read any of my posts or points as to why it belongs on the forum? Once again, what harm is caused by creating a thread that is intended to spark activity and promote video-game related discussion? If anything, I think you should be trying to prove why it doesn't deserve to be a thread.

This doesn't add to your argument.
    How does it not add to my argument? My thread did not contain spam. It was not created to boost a post count. It followed every single rule, across the site and the forum in particular. There are other posts and threads which have broken this rule, and yet mine is the only one with action taken against it. You admitted that there are other posts and threads which are guilty of breaking the rules, particularly spam. Also, I hear you talking a lot about how my thread "doesn't belong." In your opinion, why does it not belong, given all the valid points and justification I have provided? What negativity is brought forth from this thread? Couldn't many of the threads across the forum also be considered as "belonging to blogs"? (this is besides the point, as my thread does not belong in a blog regardless).

Also, livestream has a chat system already in place, at least they did the last time I watched a stream. A thread in Videogames serves no purpose when people are discussing what's going on in the stream on the stream.
    I believe that I stated in my original thread that I am using Ustream, not livestream. It does also have a chat. I believe I stated several times that the thread is to discuss the game featured on the stream, potential games that could be featured on the stream, tips/tricks for the game, pre-stream discussion, post-stream discussion, etc.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

...well, there goes any attempt at a civil discussion. :c

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Chill guys.. don't fight... You'll cause the entire AF staff to hate you

knows from experience. Better keep your personality out of threads

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

May I point out that waaaay back in the day we used to have an AF podcast. By penguin san or something. It was a very popular thread if my memory recalls.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

ok,
    blue, you are right, people shouldn't fight, but no one said a thing about your personality.
    Aleyna, please don't call out people for spamming.
    Kaitou+, you are not the best person to post about pointless threads.
    Aeschylus is right, different forums have different rules, and different views about what level of being spammy is fine. A post that is fine in Misc can get you suspended in the Photogrpahy forum.

The baseline is the same, but mods have a lot of leeway on how they wish for their forum to be structured.

Regarding your reply to my original post, I think if you have a blog post the day before, and one when you're starting it, for people to watch, that shouldn't be too much, and also shouldn't get pushed down too quickly.

Since this thread has devolved, and I have already replied with an alternative, I am closing it.

Edit: Blue is right, we did have a podcast, it was unofficial, and the person running it cleared it with myself and the misc mods before starting it, and was given the go ahead on a temp basis. It worked out, so it continued. Today I might have suggested her to start it in the blogs as well.

Closed Thread

Thread Information