AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manga vs Anime, Anime Adaptations and Dubs

Member NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2011 12:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Manga vs Anime, Anime Adaptations and Dubs

I was wondering, is anyone ever a bit annoyed when an anime does not follow the manga it was made for? And it annoying when the anime is known by most and the manga is obsolete. Take “Card Captor Sakura” for example. I love the manga, and although the anime is good as a stand-alone series, it is not as good as the manga. I am the only CCS fan I know who is a fan if the manga, or even knows about it. Another example would be “Sailor Moon” (again, I prefer the manga, but the anime is good) and “Ouran High School Host Club". Oh and I cannot forget the "Elfen Lied" manga. The anime sucks conpared to it.

I always think "Why could they have not waiting in the manga was a good way in, or finished?" I know they want to make money, but to me, it makes no sense.

On to dubs. What is your opinion. My mine is this: They good in some cases and bad in others. Some British dubs, such as the CCS British dub do more justice than the American ones, but still fail.

Personality I am more of a Sub person, but the anime I prefer in dub form is “Black Lagoon” (I also love it for being a faithful adaptation of the manga) as in English, you have all the different accents (and the swearing…).
    Last edited by NaokoElric2250; 05-27-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Senior Member 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Shuriken Bleach Urahara Hat Death Note
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 11:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Manga vs Anime, Anime Adaptations and Dubs

I agree with you in most areas here. for the most part the manga is better than the anime. however battle scenes in manga = fail while in anime they = win.

I read bleach but i go back and watch some of the battle scenes in the anime.

the only series i like better than the manga is FMA. It doesn't follow the manga at all which is what i like about it. this usually bothers me when it's minor differences but in this case its cool cause its like having an alternate story line.

Member NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2011 12:46 PM
    Threads

Ah, I too perfer the 2003 anime. It is such as a shame that, due to the pointless and money-spinner that is "Brotherhood" the First Anime is becoming more and more hated. Theonly good thing about the manga is Xing and the way some of the settings/locations are, such as Briggs being snowy.

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

This is why I stopped watching anime >_>;

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information