AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: The "Fullmetal Alchemist" Manga and 2009 Anime are Sexist

Seems that way.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo 22 View Post
    It's irritating, but it's her just going full retard. She brought this upon herself.
    Pardon my intruding on this so late. Though I have to say that, at this point, you're probably right; and that she's lost any sense of having a fruitful discussion, if she ever had that intention to begin with. Long story short, her logic and reason have already been decimated beyond any hope of repair. Prolonging this anymore really doesn't serve any purpose. If she doesn't get it by now, I seriously doubt she ever will.

So, mayhaps we should just call it a good fight and let this thread fade into obscurity where it belongs.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

3. Thanks Tetsanosuke, Xeyuzio, Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Quote Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
    Pardon my intruding on this so late. Though I have to say that, at this point, you're probably right; and that she's lost any sense of having a fruitful discussion, if she ever had that intention to begin with. Long story short, her logic and reason have already been decimated beyond any hope of repair. Prolonging this anymore really doesn't serve any purpose. If she doesn't get it by now, I seriously doubt she ever will.

So, mayhaps we should just call it a good fight and let this thread fade into obscurity where it belongs.
    Good call. And so that this doesn't go further, i'd say a mod should close this thread.
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

5. Thanks Xeyuzio thanked for this post
    Likes Xeyuzio liked this post
    Junior Member TheCrazyFreak is on a distinguished road TheCrazyFreak's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2011 05:34 AM
    Threads

I don't even know why I bothered reading this entire thing (you seem to repeat yourself a lot). First of all, you're looking waaay too into this. It's like you're purposefully searching for "sexist" things or something. You're interpreting things as sexist, when they aren't.

What bothered me was how you complain about Winry crying all the time, but when it comes to Ed you said it'd be good if he cried more, because it's good to show your emotional side more. So, what? It's okay for men to cry, but not for women? Double standards much. >__> And I personally don't see crying as "weak" (I used to think it was, but I don't anymore), I see it as letting go of your emotions and feeling better about yourself afterwards. If you pent it all up, you become miserable and aggressive, which is never a good thing.

You also kept repeating how you want more "Girl, Girl, Boy" main characters, where the girls go on an adventure. Well, I'm sure there are mangas/animes like that out there, so just go read/watch those instead of wasting your time posting here.

As for why the manga-ka decided to have boys as the main characters.. maybe she just prefers drawing boys. I mean, she is a woman, after all. Unless she is a lesbian, she prefers guys. I admit that I usually like male characters better too. There's just something that draws me to them more than it does to female charas.

Also, considering you're (apparently) from Glasgow, meaning English is your first language, I'd expect better grammar (and better constructed sentences) from you. Reading that long thing was painful enough without all the grammar mistakes. >__>

7. Likes Anoleis liked this post
    Member NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2011 12:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyFreak View Post
    I don't even know why I bothered reading this entire thing (you seem to repeat yourself a lot). First of all, you're looking waaay too into this. It's like you're purposefully searching for "sexist" things or something. You're interpreting things as sexist, when they aren't.

What bothered me was how you complain about Winry crying all the time, but when it comes to Ed you said it'd be good if he cried more, because it's good to show your emotional side more. So, what? It's okay for men to cry, but not for women? Double standards much. >__> And I personally don't see crying as "weak" (I used to think it was, but I don't anymore), I see it as letting go of your emotions and feeling better about yourself afterwards. If you pent it all up, you become miserable and aggressive, which is never a good thing.

You also kept repeating how you want more "Girl, Girl, Boy" main characters, where the girls go on an adventure. Well, I'm sure there are mangas/animes like that out there, so just go read/watch those instead of wasting your time posting here.

As for why the manga-ka decided to have boys as the main characters.. maybe she just prefers drawing boys. I mean, she is a woman, after all. Unless she is a lesbian, she prefers guys. I admit that I usually like male characters better too. There's just something that draws me to them more than it does to female charas.

Also, considering you're (apparently) from Glasgow, meaning English is your first language, I'd expect better grammar (and better constructed sentences) from you. Reading that long thing was painful enough without all the grammar mistakes. >__>
    To you they are not. It is all down to interpretation. This is what I interperate.

Arakawa is the one with the double standards, making a girl cry all the frelling time and have a boy not cry at all (expect once, and she was not even there) and more fr she is crying for him, which, as I said, is pathetic.

I am not 'wasting my time'. You would not say that if this was positive. I only come on here to check this and my other threads.

She just made another typical, sexist, male-dominant shonen manga. At least the 2003 treats the female characters better and has more of them.

Why?

It is a rant, not an essay. There is a small but significant difference. I tried to keep the grammar correct as best as possible, but I cannot make it that all the time, especially when I was letting off steam thought it. And yes, I am from Glasgow.

And AGAIN, there is no mension of the OTHER PEOPLE who share this opinion. Tell me what you think of them too!

I do not to enter into an argument with you.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

BTW, if you all want this to stop, then stop it by not replied anymore and I will not reply either. Simple.

9. Dislikes Token Black Guy, GameGeeks disliked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Yeah, its a long post, but bare with me ya'll.

When it comes to "sexism", yeah, I guess Fullmetal Alchemist is a little sexist...when viewed with a heavily biased Western lens.

Bare in mind that Fullmetal Alchemist (and all the other anime that you have essentially whined about) was made with a completely different cultural mindset, namely Japanese. There are so many nuances in the Japanese culture that seep through into anime that trying to examine anime without SOME of this knowledge is rather futile (and reveals more about your ignorance than anything about "sexism").

It is not uncommon today in Japan for women to send their husbands off to work and not see them again until much later in the evening only to repeat the cycle the next day. The culture and even the Japanese language itself expects women to be polite and demure (this has more to do with gender roles than the overall "value" of a certain gender). While this trend has been changing, even females have a hard time breaking it completely (females can lead a company, but will still use the polite language expected of them).

The same thing happens in anime. In Fullmetal Alchemist, Winry does essentially serve as a support character (virtually every other female in a shonen series usually ends up in this position). But that doesn't mean that she is useless. For all of the support that she gives, if it wasn't for her, Ed wouldn't have made it as far as he did without her.

I believe you place WAY too much importance on relative status rather than individual action and merit (hell, I think that you are being quite the hypocrite, allowing certain actions to be acceptable only if they are done by certain people). Winry may be a support character but she has helped Edward multiple times, more times than he helped her. She was effectively held hostage by the military, but in case you forgot, it was her freaking idea to keep up the charade despite the obvious danger to her life. She may have stayed home but that was only because she wanted to be in a constant postition to help Edward. He wanted her to leave the country but she refused and decided to stay. To stay by his side constantly, even on the battlefield wouldn't be brave; it would be borderline foolish. And when it comes to how she handled the news of who killed her parents, there's no point in comparing her reactions from the 2003 anime with the 2009 anime (there were two different killers and she personally knew one and was already afraid of the other).

Lan Fan does serve Ling, but she is not "a mere servant" (pfft...honestly). She is his bodyguard, a bodyguard who is so freaking hardcore that she cut off her own arm so that Ling could get away. Yeah, Lan Fan is so weak.

Riza Hawkeye is Roy's subordinate, however, she is not the ONLY subordinate Roy has (she is the only female subordinate). Also, Roy has entrusted HIS life to Riza, not the other way around. Riza is Roy's assistant and, like Lan Fan, his personal bodyguard. Riza has stepped in multiple times to prevent Roy from doing something profoundly stupid, like trying to perform flame alchemy in the rain (speaking of flame alchemy, Roy learned it from the tattoo on Riza's back, not his male master).

Olivier Armstrong was rescued by Alex when she was fighting Sloth, but this was after Sloth had broken her arm and by that time, she had "killed" him several times, all of this WITHOUT using alchemy. And before those events took place, she killed two generals without any hesitation.

Arakawa-sensei makes use of standard shonen tropes: strong male lead, supporting female for the male (possibly his love interest). However, Arakawa is not the only female shonen manga-ka who does this. If you are going to complain about Hiromu Arakawa, then you might as well complain about every other female shonen manga artist (almost all of them do the same thing). Rumiko Takahashi with InuYasha: InuYasha is at the forefront while Kagome is his support and love interest. Yellow Tanabe with Kekkaishi: Yoshimori is at the forefront while Tokine, despite her intelligence, is his support and love interest. This happens A LOT in shonen anime: the males are the lead (since, by definition, it is something that is supposed to appeal to MALES, so of course MALES are usually the lead since MALES like reading things about other MALES) and the females play support; even in a action role (i.e Fullmetal Alchemist, InuYasha), the females usually end up backing the male. Its shonen 101. Deal with it (or make your own comic; whatever occupies your time).

However, just because the females are the support doesn't mean that they are useless or that their roles should be disregarded because they are not the lead. Kagome may be InuYasha's support, but InuYasha can't do a darn thing without the girl. Tokine may be the Yoshimori's support, but she is the only one of the two who uses any amount of common sense.

You place too much important on relative status and importance that you ignore the individual strengths of the characters. The women in Fullmetal Alchemist have so many roles and purposes that it makes no sense to gauge their value by their relative status with a man; in fact, doing so only DEVALUES them.

Lan Fan's "servitude" doesn't make her actions any less hardcore; Riza being Roy's subordinate doesn't negate the fact that he entrusts his life to her; Olivier needing Alex's help doesn't negate the fact that she killed two corrupt generals and destroyed a bunch of immortal soldiers before her arm was broken (and continued to give commands to soldiers afterwards); and Winry being Edward's support doesn't stop the fact that she has helped him several times and serves as one of his inspirations to keep fighting.

If you have a problem with the status of the female characters, despite their many strengths and merits, then go write some fan fiction and stop wasting everyone's time.
    Quoted for truth so you'll stop coming back to this dang thread.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

11. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes Token Black Guy liked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NaokoElric2250 View Post
    To you they are not. It is all down to interpretation. This is what I interperate.
    Interpret it that way all you want. Doesn't mean it's true. You can say she's sexist, doesn't make it true. Just like I can interpret you as a donkey, doesn't make it true.

Arakawa is the one with the double standards, making a girl cry all the frelling time and have a boy not cry at all (expect once, and she was not even there) and more fr she is crying for him, which, as I said, is pathetic.
    I explained that before.

I am not 'wasting my time'. You would not say that if this was positive. I only come on here to check this and my other threads.
    You're right, you're wasting our time.

She just made another typical, sexist, male-dominant shonen manga. At least the 2003 treats the female characters better and has more of them.
    Explained archetypes before.

Why?
    She wanted male main characters. Nothing sexist about that.

It is a rant, not an essay. There is a small but significant difference. I tried to keep the grammar correct as best as possible, but I cannot make it that all the time, especially when I was letting off steam thought it. And yes, I am from Glasgow.
    Your grammar sucks insanely bad for someone who keeps trying to say she's knowledgeable and intelligent because she reads books. If you read as often as you say you do you'd have better grammar.

And AGAIN, there is no mension of the OTHER PEOPLE who share this opinion. Tell me what you think of them too!
    Can't comment on things we haven't seen and the one you did show I did comment on.

I do not to enter into an argument with you.
    Once again bad grammar strikes making this sentence difficult to read and understand.

13. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Member NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250 is infamous around these parts NaokoElric2250's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Interpret it that way all you want. Doesn't mean it's true. You can say she's sexist, doesn't make it true. Just like I can interpret you as a donkey, doesn't make it true.

I explained that before.

You're right, you're wasting our time.

Explained archetypes before.

She wanted male main characters. Nothing sexist about that.

Your grammar sucks insanely bad for someone who keeps trying to say she's knowledgeable and intelligent because she reads books. If you read as often as you say you do you'd have better grammar.

Can't comment on things we haven't seen and the one you did show I did comment on.

Once again bad grammar strikes making this sentence difficult to read and understand.
    I did not think her preference was sexist. I was just curious.

As for the grammar, what do you expect? I told you I have poor eyesight, I am not blind, obviously, but close to it, as a matter of fact, I am 'registered blind'. I am going to make mistakes.

If you wish for this to be removed, well, frankly that is fine with me. I can focus on my other threads and not have to keep returning here.

I am not a retard, I am not ignorant, stupid, anything of that nature. That is what you think, not what I do. I am me, you are you, we are us. Only the people in control of their feelings can truly think what they are and feeling. Yes, others may tell one what they think of them, but it is up to that person to decide whether that is true or not. Especially one who has never met me in real life.

I can try to proof I am not retarded, provided you give a task to prove it.

15. Dislikes Token Black Guy disliked this post
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

[QUOTE=NaokoElric2250;2569586]I did not think her preference was sexist. I was just curious.[quote]Yet you keep calling her sexist. And curious about what? If she actually was sexist?

As for the grammar, what do you expect? I told you I have poor eyesight, I am not blind, obviously, but close to it, as a matter of fact, I am 'registered blind'. I am going to make mistakes.
    I would be surprised if they made glasses for that. And if you already do then just do simple things like proof read before posting. But I'm not completely cruel, just mostly, and will drop the grammar argument.

If you wish for this to be removed, well, frankly that is fine with me. I can focus on my other threads and not have to keep returning here.
    Well then it's a catch 22.

I am not a retard, I am not ignorant, stupid, anything of that nature. That is what you think, not what I do. I am me, you are you, we are us. Only the people in control of their feelings can truly think what they are and feeling. Yes, others may tell one what they think of them, but it is up to that person to decide whether that is true or not. Especially one who has never met me in real life.
    And where did this come from? I never said anything about how you should feel. Just what I thought of you.

I can try to proof I am not retarded, provided you give a task to prove it.
    I can give you that task. Simply stop posting here.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 06-02-2011 at 08:58 PM.

17. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

BTW, if you all want this to stop, then stop it by not replied anymore and I will not reply either. Simple.
    All you want is the last word. Tsk, tsk, such immaturity.

19. Thanks animeyay, Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

With the exception of closing the thread, the last word in a failed thread is epic fail, no matter how you slice it, this being even more true if it's intentional. I say let her have it if she's really that desperate for it.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

21. Thanks animeyay thanked for this post
    Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
    With the exception of closing the thread, the last word in a failed thread is epic fail, no matter how you slice it, this being even more true if it's intentional. I say let her have it if she's really that desperate for it.
    You're right man. If she want's to continue to "go full retard" and make herself look ignorant, then so be it. It's her choice, even though she will leave a bad impression.(Which she already did.) So every body else out there, let her have the last word even though she is being very childish and so this pointless thread can die. That is all.
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

23. Thanks animeyay thanked for this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I'm going to stop you right there. THIS is the most ridiculous thing I have EVER read. My older brother is registered blind. And he will tell you he's more than close to it. He has Nystagmus which makes him unable to even wear glasses. And I know you have glasses as that little character drawing of you does and you seem to like characters with them. Stop blaming other things for your failures. You blame your shortness on not finding clothes. All of that is bologna. He was actually so smart a college came to the high school and asked why he was even IN high school still. He doesn't make typos and grammatical errors. And with a little bit of care you don't have to either if you tried. If I can type with my eyes closed correctly you should be able to do it with your eyes open. "Almost" blind or not. Might as well say you can't read a book. If you can't understand what you type then you can't read a book. I don't take to people blaming their disabilities on stupid things.

As much as you guys want this thread to end. Myself included..... I really had to say that. Sorry Shingo >_>
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-03-2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Edited so it makes more sense x.x

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

25. Likes Token Black Guy liked this post
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I'm going to stop you right there. THIS is the most ridiculous thing I have EVER read. My older brother is registered blind. And he will tell you he's more than close to it. Stop blaming other things for your failures. You blame your shortness on not finding clothes. All of that is bologna. He was actually so smart a college came to the high school and asked why he was even IN high school still. He doesn't make typos and grammatical errors. And has Nystagmus which makes him unable to even wear glasses. And I know you have glasses as that little character drawing of you does and you seem to like characters with them. And with a little bit of care you don't have to either if you tried. If I can type with my eyes closed correctly you should be able to do it with your eyes open. "Almost" blind or not. Might as well say you can't read a book. If you can't understand what you type then you can't read a book. I don't take to people blaming their disabilities on stupid things.

As much as you guys want this thread to end. Myself included..... I really had to say that. Sorry Shingo >_>
    It's ok. I see your point in here. I have an uncle that recently went fully blind, and he can use a computer. But let's just let it die at this point.
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo 22 View Post
    It's ok. I see your point in here. I have an uncle that recently went fully blind, and he can use a computer. But let's just let it die at this point.
    AndI kknow blind people whom both can and cannot use a computer. Your point being? I am not using it as an excuse, you may kno someone with eye problems, but that does not mean you fully understand them. You need to experience it to truly know what it is like. And I do wear glasses. I have both reading and distance ones. You cannot say I am 'using it as an excuse' as you do not fully know what it is like.
    Last edited by NaokoElric2250; 06-03-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Alright, I think we need to end this. But let's have a Wolfgirl ending before a mod closes this. YAY!!

It is a rant, not an essay. There is a small but significant difference. I tried to keep the grammar correct as best as possible, but I cannot make it that all the time, especially when I was letting off steam thought it.
    Okay, but let me point this out since you are pretty new here. When you make rants, no matter what they are about, it makes you appear to be very immature, no matter what intelligence level you claim to have (stupid is as stupid does). I don't care about what excuses you have, but here at the Anime Forum, if you want to be taken seriously, you need to be able to express your thoughts and opinions (whatever they may be) in an intelligent manner (we don't rant here). Blasting insults at other people is not the way to accomplish this.

I have dealt with people like you before, people who have had strong opinions and have made complete fools of themselves trying to express those opinions, so let me make this clear as I will only say it once to scrubs like you. Your behavior, not the relative validity of your arguments, is what matters to me. If a person made a thread about the Tea Party, as crazy as they are, I will pay attention as long as they are not acting like an idiot. Fair is fair.

However, continue to act like a fool, insulting others and carrying on, and I will go full wolf on you. I have chased fools off of this forum before. Don't think that I won't do it again.

And I do believe that we are done here (EVERYONE).

/END THREAD
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 06-03-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

29. Thanks Token Black Guy, blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Likes Souji Seta, Souhi liked this post
    The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I stand by my original post in regard to the thread's subject matter, but Wolfgirl pretty much handled the rest.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

31. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information