AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metal

Junior Member Väinämöinen is on a distinguished road Väinämöinen's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2012 01:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Metal

How about it? A thread for all flavours of metal.

How did you get into it? What do you like? What don't you? What's destroying you at the moment? What are you looking forward to?

Yes, it's the same thread I make at every forum, so I thought I'd better make it here too.

As for me, I got into it when I was 12, or just turning 12, when my brother's friend gave him a tape with a bunch of Maiden and Metallica on it. As someone who had never really followed music at all, this blew my mind. It should be remembered that this was over ten years ago, when metal was a lot further from the mainstream and still had that negative stigma. It was nothing like the garbage I'd heard on the radio, or thudding out of passing cars or... Well, anywhere really.
    At that point I knew that there was music there for me after all, Not hidden by any means, but just a little off the beaten track. That led to me picking up "The Number of the Beast" - The first CD I'd ever bought - And from there, witha little help from the internet, my horizons expanded and my tastes began to grow. I started a little shakily, with questionable bands like Korn slithering into my collection, but I think everything really changed when the aforementioned brother brought home a double-whammy of freakin' awesomeness: Manowar's "Battle Hymns" and Gamma Ray's "No World Order."
    At first I was skeptical. It all sounded very cheesy. But when I actually gave it a chance I realised that didn't matter one bit. This music made me feel awesome. It was honest and unashamed, and without it I doubt I'd ever have really "got" music, even if I could enjoy some of it.
    It's all pretty straightforward from there. I got into power metal in a big way, put off by the growling vocals found in more extreme metal, but as time went on I knew I wanted something heavier, and I remembered how I'd initially wrote off power metal because I had decided before even trying that I didn't like it, and that pretty much puts me on a straight line to where I am now, listening to doom, folk, power, black, death, drone... Pretty much trying everything once and finding a lot to enjoy throughout it all.

Now, that's not to say I like all metal of course. I generally don't like nu-metal, because I honestly find it lacking musically. It feels very thin. I also don't enjoy much that ends in "core". Having given them a chance, the screams and pigsqueals do nothing for me, and I'm sure it's not all like that, but what I've heard is and that's all I can comment on.

For albums currently getting a lot of play from me now, top of the list is most certainly "Deconstruction" by Devin Townsend Project. I know, I'm a naughty boy for downloading the leaked copy, but I'm weak! I couldn't take it! Either way, it's amazing.
    Not a new album, but "Communion" by Septic Flesh has seen a lot of action in the past month. I've only recently heard of them so that's the reason for that. You know how it is, you find a new band and kinda latch onto the album that got you in.
    I've had a lot of other stuff too, but they're for different threads, so I'll leave it at that.

For what I'm looking forward to, the release of "Deconstruction" should be obvious. Another DTP record, "Ghost" will release at the same time and I'm super-excited about that. Also from Devin Townsend (fanboy much?) is a Second Ziltiod the Omniscient album, "Z2" but that's a ways off yet. It's already out, and they're not technically metal any more, but I'm looking forwards to getting my hands on Ulver's "War of the Roses."

And I guess I should stop here, So if anyone's still reading, please reply with your own answers!

Senior Member 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Shuriken Bleach Urahara Hat Death Note
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 11:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Metal

I got into metal-core about a year ago. I really enjoy it because of the quality of the instrumentals. That is what got me into metal was how the instrumentals didn't suck and were really good and loud. At first I didn't really like the screaming and just dealt with it but now I really like it.

the band that got me into metal-core was haste the day. now my favorite metal-core band is probably haste the day. here is one of there songs :

Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So I just found out that Anaal Nathrakh will be releasing a new album this year, titled "Passion".

Let's hope it can live up to the brutality of "In the Constellation of the Black Widow"

Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

I got into metal when I was about 10 or 11. Though it could of been earlier, my family play various forms of metal/rock so kinda got into metal that way. Iron Maiden was the first metal band I really got into. I like metal because it sounds so awesome and the fame is centered on the band, not one person. Plus the various instruments you here from some of the bands are just epic. Mainly like plain metal, folk metal like Turisas and Ensiferum, symphonic metal like Nightwish. Don't particularly like the metal where the main vocalist is just screaming down the microphone or emo type metal.

Death Immunization Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness has a reputation beyond repute Vampireness's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hello Kitty 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2012 06:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Beckyanesthesia

Im into alot of metalcore bands now. Im going to Warped Tour in July and I can't wait. I started listening to the usual soft-core punk like blink 182 and Linkin park and gradually started liking heavier bands, Now im a Asking Alexandria and Bring Me The Horizon type of girl.

One will rise who is too evil,
    One will rise who is too good.
    Twixt the two, a witch shall falter
    and thereby open wide the door.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Metalhead 4 lyfe!!!!! got into it when i was about 5(?) loved it ever since. what do i like? all of it. Chimeara - Creed

Senior Member Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Gimp Black Beauty LesPauls 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2011 01:44 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: NMoose

I got into metal when i was like, 8 or 9. My dad started with playing Iron Maiden and Metallica at first, and after a while he started to play Rammstein. Fast forward a couple of years, I still listen to softcore punk, pop-punk and old school rock. But also metal, and currently loving a japanese Nu Metal band, Girugämesh c:

And I agree that most Nu Metal bands lack musical skills and depth, but Girugämesh is REALLY good. n.n But I have to say, the screaming and shrieking core metal, death metal and speed or power metal and all that stuff... No thanks. I mean, screaming in songs can make the song more energetic, but just screaming... and screaming... and screaming... Nah.

~sig by me o3o^ Miyavi ftw~

~Thanks to Seung-li for the awesome sig!~

PM me! Befriend me! I don't bite... Hard.

My Tumblr! - Follow me for awesomeness!

Add me on KakaoTalk! My ID is NorwegianMoose!

Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The thing about screaming is that in a lot of cases the voice is just being used as another instrument. I kinda dig that. Of course sometimes that still doesn't make it sound good :]

Now for a random video.

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Metal is such a vast genre .... people should be specific when talking about it ~_~;

I got into it after highschool ... before that I listened mostly to electronic music, but slowly got tired of it ... I mostly started with power/symphonic styles, Nightwish probably being my first band I started to listen.
    Now I pretty much listen to heavy/power/symphonic/speed metal with good vocals.

Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2012 11:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

some of my favorite metal for your enjoyment

this video sux, but the song is great:

Senior Member ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez::'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Electric Guitar Mic Cookie
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2016 07:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dark_fury912 Steam ID: dark_fury912

Metal is my most favourite genre of all time. Screw Pop!

I love Metal because of my dad, we also love listening to Trance (like Underground Trance).

My favourite Metal genres are Hardcore, Metalcore, Heavy Metal and Death Metal.

Signature and avatar made by me
    ~

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

I haven't really been keeping up with my Metal these days. Mostly listening to Hip-Hop and electronic. The few albums I've listened to this year are awesome though. Devin Townsend's Deconstruction and Liturgy's Aesthethica are both sweet. Christian Müenzner(of Necrophagist and Obscura fame) released a pretty funky solo album called Timewarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Väinämöinen View Post
    So I just found out that Anaal Nathrakh will be releasing a new album this year, titled "Passion".

Let's hope it can live up to the brutality of "In the Constellation of the Black Widow"
    I love that album so much >_< Eschaton is still their best though.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Senior Member truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2020 07:15 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bobbly Wobbly

Through all of the times as a musician I've learned to find the positives in every style of music.

How ever metal has always been the music I've come back to every time.

I actually started out listening to Street Punk when I was nine years old. Back such as Dick Spikie, The Unseen, The Exploited, Poxy, Oi Polloi ect., then I slowly started listening to Metal. The first two bands I liked were Nokturnal Mortum and King diamond oddly enough. All though I've always been strongly opposed to the views of Nokturnal Mortum. After awhile I found my self heavily into the Black Metal scene of Mayhem, Dark Throne, Immortal, Nokturnal Mortum, Burzum, Emperor. (Granted I'm naming off the more popular names since there easier to think off of the top of my head.) Eventually I started listening to Death metal starting with Death, Obituary, Morbid Angel then I started listening to Overkill and got into Thrash such as Testament, Death Angel, Kreator, Sodom ect. This led me to start listening to everything thus, getting into power metal. Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, Stradivarius and the list went on until I discovered bands like Cynic who fused everything together.

Obviously I like to many bands to name off but my Ipod is literally stacked with gigs of metal bands. The only style's I cannot get into is that Deathcore, Numetal and screamo. It's not that I don't see the skill in Deathcore and Screamo I just hate the repetitiveness of the melody's in the screamo bands. They all sound the same to me and Deathcore bands such as "Job for a Cowboy" just sound like popified Death Metal. Why would I want to listen to that when I can have Dying Fetus? Haha

An old school anime fan.

www.youtube.com/truegamenerd - Old school game reviews.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information