AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Friends with your ex possible?

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

Default Re: Friends with your ex possible?

Quote Originally Posted by sasu_girl View Post
    ooooh o.o

that's why you're the relationship expert ^.^ <3
    I don't know if that is sarcastic of not, since you know my rough path on the other forum.
    However I never seriously dated any of those people, it's internet you know.
    But in real life, yeah... I am careful, I know what I'm doing. I help a lot of others too.

Senior Member sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl has a reputation beyond repute sasu_girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom 172 - Pichu
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2011 07:18 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by chiisanae View Post
    I don't know if that is sarcastic of not, since you know my rough path on the other forum.
    However I never seriously dated any of those people, it's internet you know.
    But in real life, yeah... I am careful, I know what I'm doing. I help a lot of others too.
    it wasn't sarcasm ;~;

and i should learn from that >.<"

3. Thanks Chigumi thanked for this post
    Likes Chigumi liked this post
    BANKAI! ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2011 09:15 AM
    frickin tokyo japan and 5 years in germany
    Threads

Hrm :l well our break up was kind of lame, he got in trouble with his mom involving hanging out with me and a friend of mine (also his friend too at the time) and she got really upset with him for not coming home basically he stayed out all night with us without telling her and she was all mad cause she didn't know where he was (his mother is protective and he's about a year and hlaf younger than me) SO basically we had to break up which later I found out that she really didn't say for us to break up she was just upset, so he wanted to break it off with me but he used the opportunity to use his mom as a shield to do so Dx once i found out it really hurt me and he got angry because i basically talked to his mom without his permission :l

The break up tore me apart but he didn't seem all that affected but we got over(well i didn't really get over the fact he went through that torment to do that to me BUT i forgave him) it like a couple of weeks later and we started to talk casually as friends but he does stuff like that and i don't know what to do i just go insane and bang my head against an invisible wall.

Just yesterday we argued again but somehow we're ok o_o and now he wants to hang out Dx his emotions are just off whack
    Last edited by ♫mëkÅ-chan♫; 05-10-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Noel Fieldling+Julian Barrat= Mighty Boosh Love
    "I"M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!"
    -Chowder

Aleyna's Wifey *with a heart sign* Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Tengu Mask Green Tea Pocky
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2012 08:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think it depends on how the relationship ended.

My ex and I had an understanding that it wasn't working out so we just broke up without any drama, and now we are great friends. =)
    Proud Wife of Aleyna ♥
    Proud Mother of Uta ♪

Magical Llama Man Ryuu battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Batmobile 1989 Batmobile Animated Jaguar XKR
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 12:19 PM
    Threads

I've seen that it is possible but I believe it comes down to the person and the relationship. I know my ex and I will never be friends and that simply comes down to her and how the relationship ended, but that's just me ^^;
    Set made by the Wonderfully talented Yukari :3
    "You are slow, even when falling..."
    BLEACH
    Father(/mother O-o): Ryutama
    Mothers: Mikuchuu & SuXrys
    Older Brother to:
    Keena Aya Ashikaga
    Miki~
    Xey Oiz

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nope. Never been friends with any of my exes.

Sims Sadist Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Wolf Kunai Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2019 12:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by battousai_ryuu View Post
    I've seen that it is possible but I believe it comes down to the person and the relationship. I know my ex and I will never be friends and that simply comes down to her and how the relationship ended, but that's just me ^^;
    My relationships have been the same way. I think I have only ever stayed friends with three of my exes, out of I don't even know how many...
    "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same, the gods laugh and celebrate the differences."

Senior Member 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2012 03:45 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ View Post
    Hrm :l well our break up was kind of lame, he got in trouble with his mom involving hanging out with me and a friend of mine (also his friend too at the time) and she got really upset with him for not coming home basically he stayed out all night with us without telling her and she was all mad cause she didn't know where he was (his mother is protective and he's about a year and hlaf younger than me) SO basically we had to break up which later I found out that she really didn't say for us to break up she was just upset, so he wanted to break it off with me but he used the opportunity to use his mom as a shield to do so Dx once i found out it really hurt me and he got angry because i basically talked to his mom without his permission :l

The break up tore me apart but he didn't seem all that affected but we got over(well i didn't really get over the fact he went through that torment to do that to me BUT i forgave him) it like a couple of weeks later and we started to talk casually as friends but he does stuff like that and i don't know what to do i just go insane and bang my head against an invisible wall.

Just yesterday we argued again but somehow we're ok o_o and now he wants to hang out Dx his emotions are just off whack

the way he broke up with you was completely childish and if i were you i wouldn't give him a second of my time at all. obviously he can't handle his own problems, let alone break up with you properly therefore this should of been a clean sign of whether or not this friendship would work.

if your still his friend after he pulled this, you either must like the abuse, or your really desperate in who you want to be friends with, unless your trying to hold on to him which isn't a good idea...in this case I'd say don't talk to him. he established what he thought of you and respected you as you were a piece of paper on the ground.

like it or not, that's what i get from this.

Senior Member TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei has a reputation beyond repute TheyCallMeFei's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Gurren Drill Decepticons 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2011 12:49 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: theNOPANTSdemon Steam ID: feiandstuff

If someone breaks up with you, they don't love you. Plain and simple. There's a simple phrase you should keep in mind when going through a breakup:

"Just let go."

I'm friends with all my ex's because, when they came back to me wanting to get back together, I didn't have feelings for them and they knew it. I made sure my boundaries were clear so they had to respect me. It may scare you do let go of someone regardless of your past with them, but trust me, the confusion that results from NOT letting go and having to deal with all the drama is wayyyy more taxing.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Yes, it's still possible. It's much easier if y'all where somewhat friends to begin with, and proved you didn't cheat on them or something equally bad. I, myself, am still friends with 2 of my ex-girlfriends.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

no not friends... Ex's its never the same well thats how sometimes it is.

Senior Member TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan has a reputation beyond repute TenguSan's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Potato
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2013 02:40 AM
    Threads

If either one of you still has feelings for the other.. even a little... it will be very hard to stay friends while those feelings exist.

if either of you get clingy, emotional, and/or jealous towards the other, and the answer is "no, you will not be able to stay friends" (at least not happily).

It is only possible under rare circumstances or necessity (have children maybe). In my opinion, it is best to move on and distance yourself from the other.
    Who says a fool can't tell another how not to be one?

Closed Thread

Thread Information