AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month May Phase 1 Results

Hybrid View

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month May Phase 1 Results

Under our Zero tolerance policy, I am not giving an extra day to those people who didnt send me an entry. AND BOY DID THEY NOT SEND ENTRIES. Of the 12 people who signed up, 4 didnt enter. So an entire 3rd of our participants should probably keep sticky notes handy so they can remember the things they sign up for!

Remember, you are 3 times as likely to remember something if you write it down!

Kay, that all aside, here's how this one will go; skip one. So that means Entry 1 vs Entry 3, Entry 2 vs Entry 4, etc.

Round 1: Zenister vs Ardelia

Zenister's approach is very straight forward, C4ds, lots of strong color, and some good flow and blending. But how par for the course is this? The text looks like its just been slapped in there; and given that this is a TEXT PRESET theme, the text should be very important and handled with care.

Ardelia tries something new, using C4Ds and a sense of lighting. The text is small, and a little out of the way, and overall the tag is slightly over sharpened.

But, one must win, and we are going with Ardelia. The tag has just an overall stronger sense of display to it. Areas and certain elements have been considered; such as leaving an area perfectly set for the text to go, with areas to handle the placement of the flow.

Round 2: Daken vs Hyphen

Daken opens strong. The color here is great, strong reds, purples and white which compliments most everything in the tag, including the text and its choice colors. However, it could have been handled better. There's very little flow, and the fact that a drop shadow was used on the text usually indicates that the maker couldnt get it to fit anywhere but needs it to show up anyway.

Hyphen has a lot going for him. Very good lighting, and very strange stock choice given what is usually submitted in these contests. But tag is very sloppily done. The stock is overblended, and is very busy, with effect like the arrows just spattered about all over the place with no sense of direction. So why use them? I also cant even read the 'Backward' text or the AG.net text.

Chalk one up for Daken. Given that these contests are all presets, things need to be considered. So, because this is a text preset, you should first lay down the text, and then build around it. Although Daken didnt necessarily do this; everything in the entry feels like it belongs there.

Round 3: MaruDashi vs Kaitou

An Alice in Wonderland tag, what's already nice about this particular entry is that even though this is a preset, the fact that I said you couldnt do certain things, Maru ran with and made this one a little more personal. The colors are nice, the stock choice is unique. But the composition is just a shotgun blast of masks and textures with no sense of organization to a particular focus. Also, the word was BACKWARD, not 'Backwards.' AND YES, I AM CALLING YOU OUT ON THAT. It was the only thing you had to do, and you messed it up! GAWD.

Ahemm... Kaitou's entry is strong in its color sense choice. Very vibrant oranges and reds. Also, the word is correct... But the tag is just... empty. There's not much in here to remark on. Very little flow, and not a lot of blending, the entire thing is just a white mass that happens to have color in it.

Overall, we are giving this one to Maru. Although the text is wrong, the design work is there. The thoughts of how things the maker wanted are here.

Final Round: BlueAngel vs Arrancar Grimmjow

Disney! Very strange stock choice on Blue's part... Um... there's a lot going on here. Why that stock? The word 'backward' is impossible to read; not only backward, but the majority of the text. A serious lack of hierarchy not just in the text, but in the overall tag truly cripples this one. Where do I look first? What does the text say? The tag is a far cry from all those ugly C4Ds and Photoshop brushes, but this one just doesnt work.

Grimmjow's is more par for the course on the other hand. Using external images to try and compliment the stock choice. Again, the text here is difficult to read, but composition-wise is a bit thought out. We can see the lighting coming from the right, we can see that the text is kept kind of close together (most of it anyway). While not the greatest tag in the world, its shows more thought.

In the end, we hand this one to Arrancar Grimmjow. Its not a great tag, it has its flaws, but its composition says a lot about it.

AND THAT'S IT! Congratulations to all winners! Members continuing on to the next round are listed below:

Ardelia
    Daken
    MaruDashi
    Arrancar Grimmjow

Thanks to all those that participated!

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Battle of the Month May Phase 1 Results

:| What really bugs me is that who ever beat me used the same backwards through time theme.. And half of master chiefs body seems displaced/missing. pokerface. Oh well. Just pointing that out.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    :| What really bugs me is that who ever beat me used the same backwards through time theme.. And half of master chiefs body seems displaced/missing. pokerface. Oh well. Just pointing that out.
    Do you mean his lower half? I actually got the idea of using that text from this final fantasy render I used on my sig that reminded me of clocks.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post

Wait... you dont have a problem with the fact that the judges thought your entry was bad, you have a problem with the person who beat you taking your sentence from your under readable entry? Cool. In all fairness, you cant 'own' words or sentences.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    Wait... you dont have a problem with the fact that the judges thought your entry was bad, you have a problem with the person who beat you taking your sentence from your under readable entry? Cool. In all fairness, you cant 'own' words or sentences.
    Well they thought theirs was bad too... So no I don't have a problem with it.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Congrats to everyone!

And OMGAWD ILL NEVER ADD AN 'S' TO ANYTHING EVER AGAIN =p

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

lol, but seriously, who are the judges? No no, wait, let me guess: Helen Keller, Ray Charles, and Stevie Wonder?

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Aw I'm out early. Good luck to everyone else though! I wish more people had shown up...

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Of all the above pairs - minus mine, I think mine was judged pretty fairly considering the theme - I would have picked the opposite one to win. I'm really very surprised with this go around.

Congrats to everyone who won, however. Catch ya next time.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

I like the styles everyone used. And I think the explanations on the tags are accurate.

Nice job everyone and good luck for those who passed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information