AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First AMV!

Junior Member trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2011 04:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default First AMV!

2. Likes SuXrys liked this post
    Member Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2011 12:12 PM
    Threads

Default Re: First AMV! WATCH IT!

My criticism

> Music doesn't not fit anime at all :[
    > Subtitles? (Next time remove them when you make another video)
    > You over did it with the Video Overlays (Try not to use so much next time) (and by overlays I mean opacity lowering etc)
    > Video Quality is low? err never mind ;p
    > Chroma Keying is the easy way out and its looks fugly ( Always use masking, it just looks more pro)

Other than that, It was Okay Mang. ;P

4. Dislikes blueangel06661 disliked this post
    Junior Member trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu has a reputation beyond repute trunkiu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

... At what point did you see subtitles? o_O

And I did use masking, I used a lot of feathering though, so that's probably what made it look so blurry.

And I thought, that I did a pretty good job at matching up the lyrics, with what was going on in the video. But to each their own, I guess. ;p
    Last edited by trunkiu; 05-09-2011 at 04:24 PM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Decent for a first. Most of them are really bad.

-You didn't have subtitles so I don't know what @MangMang was going on about.
    -You really do need to lay off of the overlays. It's very distracting when there isn't something visually solid to look at. When you have 3 different scenes going on at once nearly throughout the whole video it's really hard to understand the video. An AMV tells a story along with the music.
    -I'm not very big on effects but rather more of the story telling so that's really all I can offer.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Decent for a first. Most of them are really bad.

-You didn't have subtitles so I don't know what @MangMang was going on about.
    -You really do need to lay off of the overlays. It's very distracting when there isn't something visually solid to look at. When you have 3 different scenes going on at once nearly throughout the whole video it's really hard to understand the video. An AMV tells a story along with the music.
    -I'm not very big on effects but rather more of the story telling so that's really all I can offer.
    Thanks for the advice!

And yeah, I admit I went a little crazy with the overlapping, especially towards the end. xD
    And I agree, that telling a story through an amv, with less special effects probably does look better. But, this AMV was mostly just me messing around with the special effects on my Sony Vegas xD

Member Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang has a reputation beyond repute Mang's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2011 12:12 PM
    Threads

Default Re: First AMV!

I must have been extremely drunk or I was watching the 2 Soul Eater amvs simultaneously with this amv. My criticism remains valid though. (Besides the subtitles thing ;p).

I'm not trying to sound harsh but I am giving out *the truth*, which is really the only way to improve, I know this because I've been through it. You can either take it to heart or ignore it. Your choice :>.

Also even if you did match the lyrics, it is still not enough to grant this song to this anime. but each to own I guess ;p

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: First AMV!

Quote Originally Posted by MangMang View Post
    I must have been extremely drunk or I was watching the 2 Soul Eater amvs simultaneously with this amv. My criticism remains valid though. (Besides the subtitles thing ;p).

I'm not trying to sound harsh but I am giving out *the truth*, which is really the only way to improve, I know this because I've been through it. You can either take it to heart or ignore it. Your choice :>.

Also even if you did match the lyrics, it is still not enough to grant this song to this anime. but each to own I guess ;p
    Yeah, it's cool. I knew you weren't trying to be rude or anything. I was just confused withe the subtitle thing, and I disagreed with what you said about the song choice. Which in all honesty is opinionated, and really isn't worth arguing over anyways. xD

Thanks for your advice too, btw!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information