AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: thread removal.........

Senior Member chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Dice D12 Fuuko Starfish V Guitar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2014 04:39 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default thread removal.........

i posted a thread in the fan art area, i wasnt in violation of the rules and yet it was removed, no reason was given, no note was given, it was just removed.
    my thread was about a contest that i myself am holding, yes i am not an admin, but this is an online COMMUNITY, everyone should be allowed to post about events that are going on.
    i feel that if a thread is going to be removed a valid reason needs to be given, notice needs to be given.
    or if it is simply in the wrong area, then just move it, or remove and tell the poster where it should have been placed.

i dont mean to rant or complain, but admins should do thier job properly i feel.
    just doing something without telling them why is just pure ignorance.

so id like to ask:
    why was it removed?
    why wasnt i told?
    why did a mod in the chat say i could post it there yet it was still removed?

thanks in advance.

Its nice to meet you!~

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: thread removal.........

The mod in chat said that it depends on the mod of the section you're posting in. It is usually best to PM the mods of the forum you want to post something like that in, and get their approval.

Senior Member chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny has a reputation beyond repute chiichanny's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yes THAT mod only said that, but when i asked if it was ok to post it into the Fan Art area, Urusaisevera said i could.
    so i already had an "ok" from an admin, but another admin removed it, what makes me angry is the fact that i wasnt even told why, no one said anything or gave a valid reason.
    isnt that the mods job???

Its nice to meet you!~

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

UrusaiSevera mods Signatures & Avatars not Fan Art o_o; It says at the bottom of each forum who the mods of that section are, and if you do get permission from one of them, you should say so in your thread. Usually things that get closed get a reason, yes, while things that get deleted don't usually do, since there is no automated way of doing so.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

right click username: open in new tab
    start note with poster.
    Delete thread
    Send note with reason.

it really isnt that hard >.>

Its nice to meet you!~

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

That may be so, and mods are advised to do that, but not required to. However you know the why, now anyway.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by chiichanny View Post
    i posted a thread in the fan art area, i wasnt in violation of the rules and yet it was removed, no reason was given, no note was given, it was just removed.
    my thread was about a contest that i myself am holding, yes i am not an admin, but this is an online COMMUNITY, everyone should be allowed to post about events that are going on.
    i feel that if a thread is going to be removed a valid reason needs to be given, notice needs to be given.
    or if it is simply in the wrong area, then just move it, or remove and tell the poster where it should have been placed.

i dont mean to rant or complain, but admins should do thier job properly i feel.
    just doing something without telling them why is just pure ignorance.

so id like to ask:
    why was it removed?
    why wasnt i told?
    why did a mod in the chat say i could post it there yet it was still removed?

thanks in advance.

I'll answer those because I removed it.

It was removed because you did not have permission to run a contest within the fanart section.

I didnt tell you about it because I felt no real need to, unless of course you asked me why I did, in which case I have answered that with the above.

Mods in chat are usually mods OF chat, not of particular forums and therefore have no power of what goes in within them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information