AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Wallpaper of the Month [April 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Wallpaper of the Month [April 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

.: Wallpaper of the Month :.

Theme: Nature

Nature, in the broadest sense, is equivalent to the natural world, physical world, or material world. "Nature" refers to the phenomena of the physical world, and also to life in general. It ranges in scale from the subatomic to the cosmic.

The word nature is derived from the Latin word natura, or "essential qualities, innate disposition", and in ancient times, literally meant "birth". Natura was a Latin translation of the Greek word physis (φύσις), which originally related to the intrinsic characteristics that plants, animals, and other features of the world develop of their own accord. The concept of nature as a whole, the physical universe, is one of several expansions of the original notion; it began with certain core applications of the word φύσις by pre-Socratic philosophers, and has steadily gained currency ever since. This usage was confirmed during the advent of modern scientific method in the last several centuries.

RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
    1. The wallpaper must be your own work (if not you get the boot );
    2. The wallpaper must not be already on AW;
    3. Animation may not be used;
    4. Hentai will not be accepted, however mild ecchi is allowed;
    5. Only Anime and Games related wallpapers will be accepted;
    6. Allowed sizes are 4:3 (minimum 1280x960), 5:4 (minimum 1280x1024), 5:3 (wide screen, minimum 1280x768), 16:9 (wide screen, minimum 1280x720) and 16:10 (wide screen, minimum 1280x800). There is no top limit, just keep it within the aspect ratios (more info about the ratios here)!!!
    7. All entries must have "Animewallpapers.com" along with your forum name on the bottom of your entry (all of the submissions will be compared to the AW.com regulations and uploaded on the site);
    8. All posts must include the anime/game name the characters on their wallpaper are from. If the characters don't belong anywhere categorize them as "Miscellaneous";
    9. All posts must include the links to the original stocks used;
    10. You are allowed to submit only one wallpaper, however you can submit more different aspect ratios of the same wallpaper;
    11. You can change your wallpaper as many times as you wish until we close the submission thread (this thread) by editing your post;
    12. By entering, you are giving the Anime Globe Productions LLC irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).

OTHER INFO:
    • Submissions are to be submitted into this thread;
    • This thread is for submissions and questions only. Each post without a submission or a question posted will be deleted and depending of the moderator's decision, the user may receive an infraction. Comments will be allowed in the results thread;
    • The submission thread closes April 30;
    • For stocks check the Resources sticky or the Uploads subforum (don't forget to give appropriate credit on the wallpaper for extractions used).

THE PRIZES:
    1st place: $25 Amazon/iTunes gift certificate (the winner will decide which of the two options they want);
    2nd place: See who left reputation (from the AF shop);
    3rd place: PM Inbox Size Increase (from the AF Shop).

Staff choice: a tag and the badge

Good luck to everyone and keep nature clean.

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [April 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thenatureesquewallpaper22.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	777.9 KB
ID:	40264
    Aspect Ratio: 16:10
    Character Name: Miku Hatsune
    Render From: http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/4707899.png

I drew the background myself from a number of tutorials and practice in using techniques from Bob Ross that can be done in GIMP.

I wish the best of luck to all who are looking to participate.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [April 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Cut it pretty close again, but here's mine. If you need nameless versions, feel free to let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wotmApril copy.png‎
Views:	158
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	41676  

Senior Member Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2013 05:10 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Series: Yu Yu Hakusho
    Character: Yuske Urameshi

the link has the better quality image.

heres the vector... by midnight outlaw : http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...14#post2553514
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yuskevector.jpg‎
Views:	54
Size:	460.7 KB
ID:	41903  
    Last edited by Midnight Outlaw; 04-24-2011 at 04:53 PM.

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Best Night elf cosplay ever.

Game: world of warcraft - night elf

forest stock: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...stock#/d3b29ww

original render by Kriss: http://img822.imageshack.us/i/7107renderrender.png/
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

Member Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2012 11:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

| |Aish Arxia | Long-Straight-Black Hair Fetish | aiccha-aibon@dA|

[R]: Umineko no Naku Koro ni | Subarashiki Hibi | Owaru Sekai to Birthday
    [W]: Gintama | Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita | Shirokuma Cafe | SKET Dance

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Game: Final Fantasy VII
    Character: Barret Wallace

Stuffs I used:
    Paint.NET
    Barret picture: http://ff7.fr/download/Images/Persos/dl/Barret.jpg
    1000 Needles picture: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/1000_Needles

EDIT: I know this doesn't meet all the entry requirements. This was just for a laugh, the nature theme was inspiration.
    Last edited by Furore; 04-26-2011 at 06:06 AM.
    victoria aut mors

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, here's my submission.
    http://img853.imageshack.us/i/nature2.png/

Girl render: http://www.planetrenders.net/renders...pgMessageBlock

Butterfly: http://www.planetrenders.net/renders..._display_media

Edit: Changed the size to 1280 x 1024 and added links to renders
    Last edited by Archaic Devices; 04-29-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Sorry Arrancar, but your wallpaper is too small. Read the rules about the size limits. ^_^;;
    Also ... you are missing the links to stocks used. I need those as well to accept your submission.

Closed Thread

Thread Information