AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Resources: Graphic programs

I only speak americanese manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Doh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2011 01:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Resources: Graphic programs

I think it would be helpful to have a topic here that shows where you can get free, and $$$ art programs in order to "Dazzle Us" with your art, so i'll start:

Please Report any Broken Links

Free

Gimp

- A paintshop pro ripoff, and a great program, GIMP is also free, and has most of the features paintshop pro has, however, it's missing a line tool :/. Gimp is good for advanced users, or a PSP fan that doesn't have the money to buy it.

Project Dogwaffle

- Project Dogwaffle, is free, Includes a line tool, but unlike gimp, doesn't involve layers, which can be vital in making sigs, or just doing casual manipulation. Overall it's an ok program, but not my favorite

Pixia

- Pixia is like Project dogwaffle but it does have a layering tool. plus some other stuff that retail programs pride themselvs in having exclusivly. I use it pretty much exclusivly now for still pictures since i havn't found it laking to my needs.

Paint.NET

- So far, my favorite of them all, you have to download the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, but this program is worth the wait, and if you already have it then you're set. This program uses layers, has a line tool, a great cropping tool, and it's an all around good program. This one is also a PSP ripoff, but it's a better one than Gimp in my opinion.

MS Gif Animator

- Usefull if you want to make animated GIFs, that's all it's good for, it can be a bit confusing at first, but it's not that bad, i also use this one.

WhitSoft UnFREEz

- It's a tiny tool, that will take any number of images, saved as separate GIF files, and create a single animated GIF from those images.

MyPaint

- MyPaint is a fast and easy open-source graphics application for digital painters. It lets you focus on the art instead of the program. You work on your canvas with minimum distractions, bringing up the interface only when you need it. MyPaint comes with a large brush collection including charcoal and ink to emulate real media, but the highly configurable brush engine allows you to experiment with your own brushes and with not-quite-natural painting.

Not so free ($$$)
    PhotoImpression

- PhotoImpression, a free trial (program is not free), but great tool, it's helful, and has a great cropping tool, and the ability to have two images opened side by side, PhotoImpression is really good. i use this one for alot of my image manipulation

PaintShop Pro (PSP)

- PaintShop Pro is said to be one of the best, i have never used it but i know that it has a hefty price on it. The site also includes Tutorials, which help you get started using the program.

PhotoShop

- said to be the best of the best by many a image manipulator, i've also never used this one, but it also has a great price on it's head. This one seems like it is the best of the bunch, however, i cannot vote for it since i haven't tried it.

PhotoShop Elements

- This software combines power and simplicity so you can make your photos look their best, share them in imaginative ways, and easily find and view all your photos and video clips.

Illustrator

- This software allows you to create sophisticated artwork for virtually any medium. Industry-standard drawing tools, flexible color controls, and professional type controls help you capture your ideas and experiment freely, while timesaving features such as easier-to-access options let you work quickly and intuitively. Improved performance and tight integration with other Adobe applications also help you produce extraordinary vector graphics for print, web and interactive, and mobile and motion designs.

openCanvas

- openCanvas is known for its unique blending style, something of a cross between Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter. Unlike many similar programs, openCanvas is specifically designed for use with pressure-sensitive drawing tablets, like the popular Wacom's digitizing tablets. It is designed from the bottom up to be a sketch program rather than a graphic design program, which means it lacks many of the graphic design features.

PhotoPlus

- With many impressive editing, fixing, and sharing features makes working with digital camera images more flexible and fun than ever. This software offers automated photo editing steps with the improved, interactive, on-screen How To guides, a wide variety of special effects for enhanced creativity, a lot of power-features, and enhanced ease of use. Photo organizing and sharing is easy with extended searching and even more output features.

Texture Maker

- Texture Maker is a powerful tool for graphic development, it allows the user to create seamless textures on-the-fly and easily, whether you want to use a previously made image and convert it to be seamless or if you want to draw it in the program, either way it’s very easy to work with. Texture Maker has the option of making a texture seamless with just one click, it also has support for many formats and allows 32-bit textures as well.

Ulead PhotoImpact

- Make every photo special with automated enhancements and easy-to-understand options for editing and sharing! It's not as hard to figure out as PhotoShop, but isn't quite as flexible, either. Nor does it have the brushes and textures that PS has. Still, not a bad program for someone who is past being a newb but not yet skilled enough for PS.

If anyone else has more paint programs it would be helpful to post them here, i would ask for a sticky, but it's not guaranteed.
    Last edited by FlashD; 03-31-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added MyPaint
    "...and now abides faith, hope, and love, but the greatest of these is love..."

But this would've been my Avatar:

MangaPage

Join up for a chance to win Azumanga Daioh or Moribito full anime box sets if you sign up before July 1st
    No that's not a joke...

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Nice and tnx ^_^

I've just changed a bit the name ... and this deserves a sticky ^^

I only speak americanese manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101 is infamous around these parts manslayer101's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Doh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thank you for the sticky

MangaPage

Join up for a chance to win Azumanga Daioh or Moribito full anime box sets if you sign up before July 1st
    No that's not a joke...

Senior Member mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 03:18 AM
    Threads

Thanks for the GIF animatior, that'll come in real handy.

Likewise, let me make a contribution.

Pixia is like Project dogwaffle but it 'does' have a layering tool. plus some other stuff that retail programs pride themselvs in having exclusivly. I use it pretty much exclusivly now for still pictures since i havn't found it laking to my needs.
    were's the URL if you want to give it a try.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pixia.html

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Inserted in the first post ... thanks for contributing mythroch. ^_^

Gil
    My Mood
    Doh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Great thanks for helping ^^ i have used pixia a bit, but still my favorite is Paint.NET and a program you can't get anymore, Autodesk Animator

MangaPage

No that's not a joke...

Endless Dreams MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2008 10:07 PM
    Threads

I know these are old replies but there is an animation program called unfreez which is free also and its very small. Its a cute little animation program and its very easy to use. You have to save all files as gif and then drag the file to the box and click animation once you have all the files in it that you want and all you really have to do is slow the frames to whatever speed you want. This sig i made last night using it just to give an example.

[]Unfreez[/COLOR] there is the link to one of the sites anyway.....Just another free nifty little program anyway
    Last edited by MysticFairyDrmz; 07-15-2007 at 01:36 PM.

Sig and avie made by Mira <3

Gil
    My Mood
    Doh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

actually it's a resource forum, so it's not old replies

on another note, that seems like a great program, Wizzy if you wouldn't mind could you edit the post and add this new one
    Last edited by manslayer101; 07-15-2007 at 01:53 PM.

MangaPage

No that's not a joke...

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Added to the first post ... thanks for your contribution MysticFairyDrmz ^_^

Endless Dreams MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2008 10:07 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    Added to the first post ... thanks for your contribution MysticFairyDrmz ^_^
    your welcome. Just figured i would help out some :P

Sig and avie made by Mira <3

Junior Member Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan has a reputation beyond repute Manyan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2007 04:34 PM
    I'm in your house, eating your fridge! O:
    Threads

My personal favorite so far is openCanvas. :D It's not free, but it's a good program, plus it's a lot cheaper than Photoshop. I was rather surprised that it wasn't already on the list. o_o
    http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/

Some of its many features include multiple layers, gradient, tones, etcetera...I'm not really good at explaining it. I draw most of my digital pictures on it; it's a lot easier and more fun to use a tablet when using openCanvas, though, when drawing. I haven't used it for image manipulation a lot, but from the times I have, I found it to be a good program for that, too. :3

Hope this helps, somewhat... .__.
    OH, LOOK...AIR! O:

Siggy made by angelic_assasin. :3

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Added openCanvas ... thanks for contributing Manyan. ^_^

Member cat21333 has much to be proud of cat21333 has much to be proud of cat21333 has much to be proud of cat21333 has much to be proud of cat21333 has much to be proud of cat21333 has much to be proud of cat21333 has much to be proud of cat21333 has much to be proud of cat21333 has much to be proud of cat21333's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 05:27 PM
    Threads

i use serif photoplus its a pretty good prgram. i use it to do all the post work on my cg art.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Added PhotoPlus. Thanks for sharing cat21333. ^_^

Graphic Designer omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2008 10:57 PM
    The world which I create from my perceptions
    Threads

Personally, I enjoy using Adobe Creative Suite. It may be expensive, but it contains every tool, it's feature-full, and relatively easy to use. What's best though is inter-program compatibility, so you can easily switch between programs. I prefer using my Mac labtop. I feel the trackpad is steadier than a mouse.

My Fan Bars:

Currently taking requests! YAY!

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Creative Suite is a pack of different tools which offer a wide variety of possibilities, from web design to graphics. PhotoShop and Illustrator are two of the many programs which are part of this pack. One is for graphic editing and design while the other is for vectoring. I can't really insert the whole pack on the list since we are collecting only graphic programs but I will add Illustrator. Thanks for contributing though.
    Last edited by FlashD; 01-02-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Graphic Designer omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Few people recognize the potential of Adobe ImageReady. Its like a watered-down version of photoshop with more web-related features. Very intuitive tools to create and preview animated gif's. Easy frame by frame editing through layer visibility and individual versions of layers for each frame, along with time delay, I find it the best tool for animated gif's!

My Fan Bars:

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

ImageReady was part of PhotoShop 5.5 and newer. With the latest version of PhotoShop (which is CS3), ImageReady is no more available, since all the features it gave have been integrated into PhotoShop itself. But it's true ... it was a good software to create animated GIFs, even though with CS2 it lost it's purpose since PhotoShop CS2 was able to make animated GIFs as well.
    Last edited by FlashD; 01-02-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Fixed some typos

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, I have CS1! But still, there are some programs up there that don't exist or are merged. I'll let you figure out which ones, since you seem to (or think) that know a lot about these programs. I know a few graphic desgners who use Adobe 9. I used Adobe 7 for a very long time!

My Fan Bars:

pokemon trainer MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 6882 3906 6528

I have Photoshop version 7.0 and it is really, really good! But the worst thing is when you save it, it saves as an Adobe Photoshop Image, not a JPG or BMG. So I when I make signatures and upload them Photopucket for the IMG code, it can't upload because of the invaild extension code! >_< I'm still trying to figure out how to change the extension, but out of that photoshop is great! The backround's supplied are great, it also has a create your own backround tool! Now, to be honest, I didn't buy it. One of my sister's friends had it and she burnt it for us! We also have imageready 7.0! Ahh, piracy ^^
    Last edited by MoroDashi; 05-23-2008 at 11:04 PM.
    i cant believe we almost hung it up o woah o .set made by me;

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Umm ... PhotoShop is already on the list, but thanks anyway. ^_^;;

We are what we hate Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2008 02:09 AM
    Threads

I'm going to add in Photoshop Elements in just because it's more for pictures taken with cameras. It helps with things like red eye removal and what not. I use it for my digital art but I'm told that it's a whole different line that the normal Photoshop line that goes into CS3 and what not. Just adding a bit of info.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Added PS Elements ... thanks Zan.

Gil
    My Mood
    Doh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another one that can also be helpful, although better for video game development, it's really handy for editing any programs. It's not free:

Texture Maker

MangaPage

No that's not a joke...

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Added Texture Maker ... thanks manslayer. ^_^

Closed Thread

Thread Information