He remembered his childhood. It was so real in his dreams. But also so distant.
He remembered being taught how to work. He remembered how when he ate something or lost something, his mother would yell. He tried to explain, but she never listened. No one ever did. It was always his fault.
This is when he learned to to lie.
He remembered his parents crying. His mother's pale and thin frame. He remembered his Father's work, which they recieved almost nothing for. He remembered the fear he felt.
This is how he learned to steal

Chapter 2

As soon as he entered, he knew something felt off. The school should be enmpty at this time, at least of students. He walked slowly. Sufrir had been waiting for this almost a whole year. He'd finally be able to free himself of this curse. That sounded like music to his ears.
He entered a hallway before readying his weapon. A pistol, it felt lethal in his hand. He felt a surge of anxiety. This felt like he was entering a war zone, not an empty school.

Carter woke opened his eyes. He saw Rose sitting next to him, concern filling her eyes.
"Carter?" She asked.
"Yeah..." He repled weakly.
He was surprised to be pulled into an embrace.
"Thank God!" She exclaimed.
He looked around, seing fearful looks from his fellow club memebers.
"How long was I asleep?" He asked. It was strangly the first thing in his mind.
"Ten minutes only." Todd replied. He seemed concerned as well.
"Ten minutes is still awhile!" Morgan seemed upset. She looked very afraid.
Rose stood up.
"I'll go get a teacher." She said. Mark stood up as well.
"Let me come." He said. Rose looked unsure for some reason. It seemed odd to Carter. The two seemed to be friends. After a few moments, she smiled and nodded.
"Sure." She responded.

Carter stayed quiet awhile. The memories from before his blackout seemed to be coming back slowly. They seemed so distant, yet so close. Like a star in the night sky. If only he could restore them. A scream... Yes, that was it. Someone had asked to be set free. But what did it mean exactly? He'd been hearing that phrase for the past few days. Always the same voice requesting it.
That's when he noticed something odd.
"If I just blacked out, why didn't you call for help?" He asked them.
Both the students fell silent. Morgan averted her eyes to the ground.
"Rose was freaking out, she said it would be dangerous to call the outisde. " She explained.
Carter's heart raced. Why would she say so? Had Rose lost her mind? Or was she like him? Hearing things? And why not the outside?
"But that's..." He trailed off.
"****ing crazy?" Todd finished for him.
"I wouldn't say it like that..." He replied.
"More like strange..." He corrected Todd.
Todd frowned and looked to the window.
"Whatever you call it." He said.

That's when they heard her scream. Before he knew it, Carter found himself running down the hallway to Rose. That's when he found her.

She was in the office. On her knees, sobbing. The office had been destroyed. Papers and other things laying everywhere. It looked like there had been a struggle. Once he got closer, he could see why she had screamed. Blood soaked the walls and floor. He could see bodies of the school workers. They were torn to pieces. His homeroom teacher... Her throat had been torn out, her face almost pulled off. She was dead in a pool of her own blood.
Carter fought the urge to vomit. He could hear the other two approaching.
"Don't come in here!" He yelled. He heard them both stop.
He got on his knees next to Rose.
"Are you okay?" He asked, trying to stay calm if possible.
"Oh God Carter!! What happened to them!?" She sobbed.
Carter had to stay calm if only to calm her down.
"Rose... Where's Mark?" He asked.
"I don't know!" She exclaimed.
Morgan finally spoke.
"What happened...?" She asked from a distance.
"You two just stay back there!" Carter yelled.

It was so much worse than he'd expected. Sufrir had seen mauled bodies. Humans ripped apart. It would have made him sick, had he not have partially expected it. He heard footsteps. But they did not belong to a human. They made him freeze and get ready to fight. As he had thought, the curse had worked. He almost smiled, if not for the nervousness gripping his insides, he would have.
No, those thoughts weren't his. They were someone else's. He tried to focus, but before he could regain his composure, he was hit from behind.

Sufrir opened his eyes, praying he was still in the school.
"You alright?" He heard an unfamiliar voice ask.
He saw a black haired student in front of him.
"Yeah I-" When he tried to sit up, he felt the exetreme pain flood into him.
"Hey! You're hurt." The kid informed him.
"I know." He replied sarcasticly before standing up anyway.
He ignored any more talk from the kid, he had serious things to deal with.
And that serious thing knew he was here. Which meant he had to hurry. The pain was hard to bear, but it was better than what was going to happen if he didn't get moving.
"Leave this place." He told the kid.
"Huh?" He asked.
"Trust me, you should." Sufrir ran down the hall.
And all Mark could do was stay there, confused.

Back in the room where they held Art Club, Carter and Rose explained what they had seen.
Todd and Morgan seemed surprised, but almost like they did not believe.
"So you're saying we have a crazy cannibel serial killer here?" Todd asked.
"I'm serious! Just go look for yourself!" Carter exclaimed, he was sick of Todd's smartass comebacks. Morgan looked upset.
"You really mean they were torn up?" She asked.
"Yes!" Rose cried, she still seemed very shook up. Which was understandable.
"Are we in danger?" Morgan asked.
Carter couldn't say no. It seemed likely that they were next. They were the last students in the school. He couldn't bring himself to say yes. He merely stay silent.
Morgan looked to the ground.
"Oh God..." She said quietly.
The room fell silent. Each other them seemed to react differently, but in similar silence. Carter cursed their situation. They had to look for Mark.
"Listen, if we can find Mark, we can leave."
"Yeah." Rose agreed. Her sad face transforming into a determined one.
"But what if we get killed doing it?" Todd asked.
"We won't." Carter replied. "Trust me."

Carter had decided to spilt up with the others. He had more things to deal with. He needed to find the source of the scream and the voice. He hoped that his answers would be somewhere in these hallways. He had a feeling whatever was happening was because of him, and that was almost unbearable. That's when he heard footsteps.
Carter hid behind the corner, knowing this place was pretty much useless. However, he had no other choices. He braced himself for contact with someone outside of his group.
That's when he saw him. The man had shoulder length, messy black hair. He was wearing a dress shirt and dress pants. The pants where black and the shirt white. He wore an open suit jacket over it. It had a tear in the right arm and Carter could clearly see some blood coming out of a wound there. He looked to be in his middle to late twenties.
Carter felt like he'd known this man a long time, but couldn't trust. It was then that he started to run, with another set of footsteps echoing behind him.