AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Have you ever had a moment when time stopped?

Senior Member Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies has a reputation beyond repute Jmosies's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 10:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Have you ever had a moment when time stopped?

So, yesterday I was driving my friend home, and everything's going along as usual. All of a sudden I see this tiny gold and black dog right in front of the car, sitting right in my path. It was pretty dark out so I'm surprised I saw him at all, but there he was, staring right up at my windshield with this innocent look on his face. And then, time stopped. I swerved out of the way right as I was about to hit him. Luckily the other side of the road was clear, so nobody was hurt, including the dog. I stayed long enough to see a lady take the dog across the street and hand him to somebody, who I assume was the owner.

Has anything like this ever happened to you? Have you ever had a situation in your life when time stopped?

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Have you ever had a moment when time stopped?

Back when I was a very little child, around five or six years old. After a few certain incident happened, I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe. Having felt as if all of the air had been sucked out of my lungs, I stumbled out of bed and fell onto the floor. For those few moments while I stared up at the ceiling, time felt as if it had come to a grinding halt, and all I could think was, "Am I going to die?"

Understandably, the concept of death was a far off thing for me at that time; but still, it was an extremely frightening and memorable moment for me.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Senior Member Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Kunai Katana
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2012 02:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

the time stopped when i was brushing my teeth and i saw a cockroach near my toothpaste

Illusionists

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Yeah, once when I was flying away from Earth at the speed of light.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's just the adrenaline rush you get from a fight or flight response.

It makes you take in a lot more information in a far shorter amount of time, making it feel like you're in the moment longer than normal. time hasn't stopped, it's just that your perception of it temporarily dilated.

I don't think I've experience this before though, or if I have, I can't recall.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2011 06:03 AM
    Threads

When my dog was getting attacked by a large greyhound.. I chased it off eventually.

Signature by myself :3

Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

That has happened to me twice in my life once was when I was a kid my parents took me my brother and sister hiking up a pretty steep trail. along the trail there were periodic rest points that have a really nice view (can you see where this is going yet lol) being a kid I ran right up to the edge of one of the lookout points it was a good 50-60 foot drop on to rock I know that because there was a warning sign stateing it and a guard rail I chose to walk under. The next thing I knew I was slow motion falling over the edge I guess there was a gust of wind or something I don’t really remember anyway my dad managed to grab me and pull me back on to the cliff face. (Thank god he was standing next to me at the time.)

The second time was when my little brother was attacked by a rather large dog. It got him pretty good a few times before we fought it off. The messed up thing was the owner was right there the howl time yelling at us not to hurt her dog and she didn’t even try to help...really lady it was trying to kill my brother. The last thing I heard the dog was put down.
    Last edited by Meteorkeeper; 02-25-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    The proud owner of the FIRST EVER self-perpetual neko gyroscope!

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well when I have gotten into fights, I totally don't remember what I did in them nor do I remember what the person did. It's like the film was cut out of censored out of my life, I don't know.

Gosh, this thread is making me want to go read Midnighters by Scott Westerfeld...

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Stuck in Love's Capture Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Hot Chocolate Flowers Fan2 Wolf
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2015 06:38 AM
    In Between Darkness and Light, Engulfed in Fire and Ice
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When I was 11 I think. I was at my cousin Kenzie's house(not really my cousin, but we were really close so we called each other cousins), he was 11 too. We were trying to get this hanging tree to come down because it was partly broke from age or something and his grandma wanted it gone. We were strong kids so we were trying to get it to knock down. It was hard so we both stopped...then I say "Let me try one more time" then I hang on a big branch and down in falls, I hit the ground on my back hard and as I'm looking forward, the tree is coming right toward me so slowly...so I squeeze my eyes shut thinking it's going to hit my face or chest but when I open them I notice it just grazed my shoulder. Very scary :/
    Last edited by Kaname Shikara; 02-25-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Amazing set by
    Ezza Obsuna ^^

The days fly by and the feelings remain
    So far away and causing us pain
    That's okay we'll make it through
    Soon we'll get to say "I love you"

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Time stopped for when I saw my dog which is a pitbull chase my beautiful cat trying to kill her, luckily she ran up a tree so she could escape.

♥零 law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Aria Neko Cookie Double Bento
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2011 06:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Time stopped for me when I saw my little brother for the first time ^^;
    A moment that will last for ever <3

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jmosies View Post
    I see this tiny gold and black dog
    Take it and melt it for its metals.

Also, I've had adrenaline rushes that've causd time to "go slow" for me.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

How would I be able to notice if time stopped?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey has a reputation beyond repute Mattey's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2011 09:39 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The moment right be4 a girl slapped my face for accedentaly tuching her boob when we sleept over xdd
    Thx For The Siggy Serated

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    How would I be able to notice if time stopped?
    It's implied that a ripple in space-time allowing you to interact with your environment and function normally while time is stopped has been applied to the situation.

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mhm..oh yeah I've had one of those moments before...lots of moments to be exact. xDD

Well, one time was when I had finished confessing to my crush that I liked him aaaand he said he liked me too so I was beyond happy, but what happened next was nothing short of a teenage movie moment. XD After that I rushed back down the stairwell with my crush right behind me and my friends were waiting and my foot...just..buckled and I hurt my ankle real bad. Time stopped at that very moment...I felt like I was falling in slow motion and soon enough I felt face-first onto the floor. I turned on my back to see my crush looking down at me with huge eyes. O.O Everyone was laughing and so was he...I was kind of crauging..(crying and laughing) because of the pain and embarassment... v.v *sigh* Best and worst day ever..but it was a priceless moment.

Senior Member Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Gimp Black Beauty LesPauls 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2011 01:44 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: NMoose

I've had a lot of moments like that o.o Twice while I was falling/tripping and hurting myslef. BADLY. xD

But one thing that I will never forget, was an incident after I removed my appendictis, or appendix, or whatever.. xD Anyways, my appesomething was underneath my intestines, so they kinda had to move them around... x.x

Anyways, later, I was reading a book in the hospital when I felt my intestines move... I looked down at my stomach and saw them move underneath my skin o.O I was scaaaaared xD I weren't on any kind of medication, either C:

~sig by me o3o^ Miyavi ftw~

~Thanks to Seung-li for the awesome sig!~

PM me! Befriend me! I don't bite... Hard.

My Tumblr! - Follow me for awesomeness!

Add me on KakaoTalk! My ID is NorwegianMoose!

Senior Member RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO has a reputation beyond repute RASCO's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

IN my sleep of course everything stops :d

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasorikiller View Post
    It's implied that a ripple in space-time allowing you to interact with your environment and function normally while time is stopped has been applied to the situation.
    But then everything I interact with will experience immense acceleration once time resumes, and pretty much instantly die, fly across the room or shatter.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Junior Member Exodus__ is on a distinguished road Exodus__'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 05:09 AM
    Threads

Hahahahahahaha... yes yes, but the truth is, the time does not stop.

Closed Thread

Thread Information