AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Books You've written or are writing

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Books You've written or are writing

I've published 13 books on Amazon and am working on about a hundred others right now. most in my "Gods and Monsters" and "Mystery Girl" Series right now. And of course there's "How to be an Anime Character" which is my best seller. And even an autobiography of a mythical character called "Yes Virginia, There is a Bogeyman".

Have any of you written a book? Are you planning to? What's it going to be about?

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Books You've written or are writing

Interesting. I have written a great deal over the years and while I'd love to be published (outside of literary magazines, that is) one day, my penchant for writing short stories over novel-length holds me back. I've considered trying out self-publishing in the past, so I'm curious to know how you're finding it. Are people picking up your books? Have you received much feedback?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Then do a Short Story collection. I have one of those called Magical Moments

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1442...pt#reader-link

Product Description
    This book collects together stories about brief moments when something magical touches the world. In The Glass Mountain a king is sueing his daughter's fairy godmother because he finds her new spouse lacking in certain areas. In Sleeping Evil a girl has an encounter with monsters deep in a dark cave. Dragon Hunting tells the story of what really happens when a dragon invades a kingdom. Durring The War an alien commander sent to wipe out life on Earth finds himself trapped in a war between creatures he never knew existed. In a modern retelling of a classic Chinese fairytale a young boy in college finds love with two different women, neither of which is what she appears to be. This collection contains a dozen stories. Some funny. Some serious. Ghost, vampires, fairies and elves, demons and dragons. Even Santa makes an appearance.

And from How to be an Anime CHaracter here's a bit on the Seven Anime Sins

God has rules. Anyone writing and drawing an anime probably thinks they are god. As such there are seven sins in anime that will get you killed and possibly sent to Hell. Don’t worry though, you can commit the actual seven sins and flip off Saint Peter himself and still get into Heaven in an anime. These are more along the lines of stupid stuff you should have known better than to do.

Repetitive Behavior
    You’ve been dunking the same kid in the toilet since second grade. You and your friends always just sit around the classroom and talk about the same stuff. Nothing happens. Nothing changes.

What happens to me if I do this? Simple. Property damage. Loss of life. Or seriously bad luck. Something is going to come crashing into your little world whether you like it or not.

What can I do about it? Like when you’re being targeted by an assassin it’s best to vary your schedule. Go on a trip. Explore a cave or haunted house. Anything to break up the monotony. Otherwise it’ll come looking for you.

Being Ugly
    Life isn’t fair even in anime. We aren’t talking about turning into some hideous monstrosity, or thinking that you’re too plain because you have brown hair and glasses. Have you ever seen Superman?
    No, we’re talking about you having a flat broken nose, a forehead that practically covers your eyes (not a unibrow. Having one eyebrow works for some people), having bad teeth, zits, and eyeballs that are different sizes. Guess what? You’re not even qualified to be a head bad guy. You are either a friend or sidekick at best. It’s unfair we know, but the top guys are all incredibly good looking.

What happens to me if I do this? Let’s see. You’ll be beaten up (especially by girls), considered a pervert by every hot girl you meet, and mostly spend your days alone reading books on what it would be like if you were an anime character.

What can I do about it? Repent and thou shalt be spared! Understand that you are an ugly S.O.B. and do something about it. Claiming that you are pretty when everyone else says you aren’t or that beauty is on the inside will get you nowhere. Get plastic surgery, mutate yourself, make a deal with Satan… whatever it takes to make you into either someone gorgeous or a hideous slime-dripping mutant. Either way it’s better than just being plain old ugly and your chances of getting a date will improve.

Being Too Cute (Kawaii)
    That’s right. If you’re too adorable people won’t like you much either. You’re sweet, charming, and kind to everyone! You’re tiny. You do everything you’re supposed to and even help out in the local soup kitchen. People are cruel. Otherwise the writer wouldn’t be feeding your neighbors to monsters or making it so that the main character has eight girlfriends that he never gets lucky with. The sooner you learn this the better.

What happens to me if I do this? For starters you could be regulated to cooking everyone’s meal for life to keep you out of the way, but most likely you’ll be kidnapped. Everyone likes you. That makes you the perfect bargaining chip.

What can I do about it? You’ll probably grow out of it by the time you hit fifteen. If you don’t then you can try making yourself less cute. Secretly sabotage anyone who likes the guy/girl you like. Play pranks. Hang out with the “wrong crowd” at school. If you’re a boy you can be a pervert. If you are a girl you can develop and explosively violent temper and a penchant for hitting perverted boys with hammers. Or just go for it. You’re too cute for the bad guy to be allowed to hurt you anyway.

Having Children
    The star of a major anime cannot have kids. They cramp your style, take up all that money you need for mecha parts and sword polish, and they get into all those family secrets you’ve been trying to keep.

What happens if I do this? The kid either unleashes the horrible evil you’ve been trying to contain and becomes the hero or villain while you have to go off to work to pay for the property damage or they get kidnapped or engaged (sometimes to the same person/thing) and you have to deal with it. You have to train them or their kids, sacrifice your life to save theirs, or maybe they will turn on you and kill you. As an anime character you could conceivably live forever… unless you have kids.

What can I do about it? You could try to kill the kid. But if you are a good guy that usually isn’t an answer unless they are possessed by some unspeakable evil, which you probably can’t kill anyway. I suggest either abandoning your family or adopting the kid out. You can’t take the time to care for it/them like you should, so drop the little brats off at your nearest relative, your spouse, or orphanage and never talk to them again. That way, even if they think you are dead, you’ll get to show up again later and help them out in some cool way. In the meantime you get a good fifteen to twenty years where you don’t have to think twice about them while you are off having adventures. Besides, do you know how much it sucks sticking around a house where every hot member of the opposite sex wants your kid and not you?

Ignoring Advice
    This is when you get told to train in martial arts for no reason, keep watch over a specific object and not ask questions, or just plain “Don’t go in there.” Whether it’s an old man, an ancient prophecy, or a creepy kid with glowing eyes, if someone asks you to do something do not just write them off. Give it some serious thought. However this is a minor sin and there’s not much point in listening to the advice anyway. You see if you do follow other people’s advice eventually you get a bit repetitive and we all know what happens then.

What happens if I do this? The mystical object or creature you were supposed to guard may fall into the enemy’s hands resulting in countless deaths. It is best just to guard the thing and use it as villain bait than to have to get it back later. The bad guy needs it to do any real damage anyway. It is also easier to fight the unnamable evil if you already have your fighting moves down when it shows up. If you follow the advice someone else enters the tomb and unlocks the door that should have remained shut and you’ll get to say, “Wasn’t me!”

What can I do about it? Once you’ve ignored the advice, when something bad happens you can try to make up for it. Get whatever escaped back in the hole or on your side. Take up the family business and fight the monsters. Have a kid. Then when he is fifteen it’ll be his problem and you can get a job in a nice safe office building or demon-proof Shinto shrine somewhere far away and leave them with grandpa to train.

Being a Loner
    You can’t make it on your own. If you are a bad guy you need faceless minions and trusted lieutenants to send after the good guy before they fight you. If you are a good guy you need someone to drag your unconscious body out of the line of fire when you lose your second or third fight. The more people or things you have on your side the longer you live. I’m not saying that you have to hang out with them or even be polite. You just need some help.

What happens if I do this? At worst you die. Painfully and quickly and mostly for being a total know it all jerk. At best you end up the butt of every joke when you show up and the edges of roofs collapse below you or you fall into a hole that you’re sure wasn’t there before.

What can I do about it? Keep an eye out for groups of good looking kids or one person about your age who happen to hang out in the same area those new superheroes with the exact same features have been sighted in (you know, those punks who have been “getting in your way” when you are trying to save the world? If these kids wore those tiny masks you could almost swear they were the same people.) Strike up a conversation. Offer them five bucks to pay for lunch. Or when you see those completely unrelated superheroes with the same builds and hair color in the costumes fighting monsters, wait until one gets in over their head and save them.
    The best part? The hottest female character will be yours. The worst part? She’s probably not even your type, but now you’re stuck with her.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 02-18-2011 at 06:05 PM.

4. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    ~The Skylark Rose~ animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Notebook
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 09:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't really wrote an actual book but i have the story i wrote that i want to make into a book in the future.(when I get some money lol) Its called Galaxy Guardians I'd appreciate it if you checked it out http://www.writing.com/main/view_ite...laxy-Guardians

6. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Junior Member Thenu is on a distinguished road Thenu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2011 07:23 PM
    Threads

Click image for larger version

Name:	Drylor%20Front.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	40265

Comes out next month. I'm excited for it, being my first "real" book that I got edited and everything. But you have 13 books out? that is quite a lot, publish isn't cheap and it takes like 3-4 months usually. Oh, if you wanna read what the back of the book says ill copy and paste it below.

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through
    an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has
    happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail
    cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and
    halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus.
    It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he
    meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail
    cell while deciding his destiny.

As Von’s memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only
    one who can protect Drylor—a world that abandoned him—
    from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the
    truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing
    to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet
    from annihilating the only world they have ever known.

As Von’s past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon
    realizes the only way he can end his brother’s heartless
    massacres is to find him and kill him.

Books Facebook
    Last edited by Thenu; 04-08-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Fix spacing

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

I'm currently in the process of writing one actually but I've never really thought about publishing it due to its mediocrity.
    Derp.

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I'm currently writing a book about the experiences of a fictional U.S. Marine as he fights his way from Guadalcanal, to Tarawa, Saipan, Tinian and finally to Okinawa.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

10. Likes Sadrith liked this post
    Junior Member Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha has a reputation beyond repute Marifana joshu-sha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2011 01:21 PM
    Threads

I'm writing one with all my Eighth grade Horror fantasies they will be split into volumes. Five stories each (Don't worry there won't be pussy cannibal Fairies like in Twilight), One about a Canadian student who travels all the way to Florida to go to college and starts dating her English Professor, and One about a Muslim girl who gives up her faith to Allah

Talent is right in that picture. Rest in Peace Rick Wright.

Senior Member 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Shuriken Bleach Urahara Hat Death Note
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 11:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have been , for a few years now, been working on a novel off and on that I eventually plan on publishing when i get around to completing it.

It is titled "Just Larry". It is basically about a 22 year old man that still lives with his mother. One day when he discovers a mysterious amulet in the woods he blacks out and is eventually captured by a secret organization claiming to be on his side and "the good guys" while another secret organization claims that the other is lying. They then start fighting over this guy because the amulet he has has bonded with him and is the key to victory in some unknown battle. It is supposed to be mystery and suspense with a little comedy

~♥~ Pegasister ~♥~ Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts PPG Buttercup PPG Bubbles PPG Blossom
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 02:39 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I write short sketches and comedy bits of a group of friends back home. I read constantly and have always wanted to write a novel, but I'm not much into fantasy and such. I'm a huge fan of black humor and sarcasm (Vonnegut, Huxley) and have always felt I should wait til I'm more worldly and have my Anthropology degree before I start on a novel.

Member eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2011 07:50 AM
    Threads

Whew... that was a lot to read and a lot of fun as well! I'm currently working on a fantasy book titled The Aria of Angels... I won't say much but basically it follows three separate heroes in their different journeys to unite a kingdom broken by civil war and fight the bigger problem; the mysterious but evil race that killed off every single Dwarf from the face of the planet roughly 6,000yrs ago. ^_^

Senior Member Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong has a reputation beyond repute Xangsong's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Orange Dango Mouse
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2011 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well what I have been working on I havent quite decided if I am writing it as a book or as a script; I may try both.

My most prominent issue is that I am a perfectionist, so I take a long time to finish - that is, if I actually do finish - any one particular story I am working on.

I doubt anything I come up with would be worth publishing material, but the story I am working on is - as briefly as I can - like this:

There are 4 worlds, 3 of which humans (technically, the story takes place in a world other than our own, but for the sake of simplicity, I am calling them human) call the Afterlives: a Heaven, a Hell, and the Nether. As Deathmask (the equivalent to the Grim Reaper, or Shinigami, he is the overseer of the Nether - an entirely grey world, and the birthplace of all reapers) would say himself, 'Here there may be no happiness, but there is also no pain.

When they die:
    Humans who live honest, good lives (predictably) go to the Heaven afterlife.
    Humans who live sinful, bad lives (obviously) go to the Hell afterlife.
    Humans who lived a balanced life, or those that died tragically (usually by suicide), go to the Nether afterlife.

Reapers, the collectors of souls, collect souls on behalf of Death (Deathmask). They are chosen amongst those souls who died tragically.

Much more briefly, and more casually...
    This guy dies, gets turned into a reaper, and some crazy shiz happens. Oh, and he likes bunnies. A lot. The seven deadly sins - in the flesh - make an appearance. And there may be a faint nudge at some romance. We'll see.

Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

Currently I'm in the planning stages of a novel entitled Suicide Game, which is effectively about a high stakes game with a heavy focus on Russian roulette - I'm attempting to make it focus primarily on psychological warfare.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

First, I’m truly impressed by what I’ve read in this thread. Not only are these ideas diverse, but they’re interesting. Further, some of you have published? That’s amazing, and even self-publishing shows ambition and belief in one’s works. I wonder—does that make it even more difficult than traditional publishing, after a publisher takes the work, that is? Like Fabala, I do have questions about this as the only thing I almost had published was an article on Immanuel Kant in a journal of Philosophy. Oh well, maybe next time?

At any rate, the only serious work that I’ve taken on outside of nonfictional works on philosophy is the series Counterweight, a work of historical fiction based on the French and Indian War (known as part of the Seven Years’ War in Europe). I’ve posted the first chapter of the first book in the Fan Fiction/Prose subforum. To date, that’s my only serious endeavor at writing fiction.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 06-20-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Syntax

Senior Member bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2013 08:48 PM
    Threads

I'm working on a novel right now. Actually, in two months I started three stories and dumped two of them. The writing I'm working on right now on the other hand is going great. So far I haven't had to force myself to wright, it's all been coming out smoothly. Right now, I'm holding back my urge to wright cause I need to decide on some rather critical things. To many times have I not thought through an idea and had to scratch several pages worth of content.

Because I don't have much more than the beginning figured out, I won't bother posting a synopsis. However, this novel is based on a little fairy tail like work that I had created not to long ago. It was actually for another story, but that didn't work out. I was kinda depressed at that time just cause I really loved the fairy tail and I had created several more works expanding on it. But I guess it all worked out in the end. Oh, if I ever copy the fairy tail onto my computer, I'll post it here.
    Sig no longer in development...

Senior Member Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts K-on Pick Black Cat Manekineko
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2011 11:47 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i think people who can right books are amazing. i've tried writing a book once but sadly, i got bored of my own subject so i stopped. i'd rather read.

:SET BY ME:
    Requests are OPENMy Works Illuminated Spirits
    November Update for my Ebook Collection!
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive. -Bugs Bunny

Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2012 08:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've attempted writing novels, but I never have the conviction to finish more than a few chapters. The furthest I've ever gotten in a book of my own is about 75 pages.

Instead, I like to stick to short story writing. I have a couple horror ones right now that I'm going to try to publish, but I might wait until I have about 20, that way I an publish them all as an anthology.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I was working on a short story/book a few years ago. But I lost it due to my computer needing to be reformatted.

It was about this girl who was crazy obsessed with this theme park that had been closed down a few years after she was born. Her father worked there operating the monorail system and since then he and his other fellow monorail co-workers have been missing. If any of the families tried to figure out what happened with their loved one's they'd be stalked by these suspicious people so the girl who's name is kira did all her work in her attic even with her moms disapproval. She had a best friend named Lenne [pronounced leenae] and showed her collection of gathered data about the park to her for the first time. At first she thought it was crazy but then they started piecing things together and caught onto something. In a rush to find out more information the secrete group caught onto the girls tracks. While kira was used to them Lenne did not like the unwanted attention. And that's pretty much all the overview I can give of it without spoiling the rest ^__^; Just in case I finish it one day.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Junior Member Epitath95 is on a distinguished road Epitath95's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2011 08:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm writing about a girl who witnesses her boyfriend getting bit by a werewolf and his changes.

Senior Member th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ice Cream Trollface Rageface
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2012 11:07 PM
    Threads

cool! I just decided on writing paranormal books...

Member HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod has a reputation beyond repute HamsterGod's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2011 04:36 AM
    Threads

I've been writing a book about a wizard...And another for an alien prince. I also plan on writing books about a guinnea pig god and... something like a fairy doctor-poet-viking. My ideas probably suck, but I like writing.

Circlejerk Member RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2016 02:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have an extensive world that I am creating as the setting for a series I am writing that I hope to one day be published. The series mainly focuses on necromancers and revolves around a number of philosophical ideas and dilemmas. Stories to tell are aplenty, I am finding that creating a stable environment for the stories to take place is the most challenging aspect of the whole enterprise. I've found myself going into absurd depth in some areas, however I feel that once I have a sound environment I may weave any tale I wish at will with confidence.

Senior Member SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Red Ornament L Laptop Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2011 02:40 PM
    Threads

Well, internet-wise I've made a lot of fanfics but I'm getting published in the kids/teens section of the first Womanthology comic. I think I signed for the next few too.

For what I'm planning, more fanfics.......and turning my original story into a comic series one day.
    "Parents and guardians don't care if they're sending you to face bloodthirsty monsters, so long as you get a B in English." - The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod
    ~~~~I am a most traitorous of pirates, but do not let that discourage you; I tend to fight alongside ninjas~~~~

Junior Member Lollipox is on a distinguished road Lollipox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2011 12:47 PM
    Threads

I've written a lot of short stories and really enjoy them (normally horror/supernatural type). I also think that the 65 word stories are really fun.

Last year was the first time I participated in NanoWriMo (www.nanowrimo.org) which is a novel writing competition to complete a 50,000word novel in the month of November. I ended with only 27,000 words, but for me it was a major feat. It was about a girl who became possessed by a demon trapped in a book (The book Mister B Gone was my inspiration). Unfortunately I haven't touched it since then... My main character is thought to be dead...

This year I participated in Nanowrimo again. My story was about an alien invasion; I got to 35000 words and I'm trying to keep on working on it until it's finished. This idea actually came from a dream I had. The story starts 24hours after the invasion starts.

Senior Member vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Strawberry Bleach Zangetsu Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2023 09:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have thought about doing this when I was young.
    I did about the first 15 pages and then stopped.
    I want to do one soon.
    Previously Darkfire Knight....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information