AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What makes a man, a real man?

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What makes a man, a real man?

I don't know if this one hasn't been mentioned but a real man is one that keeps up to his own word. Why?

A man is worthless, he's garbage without his word, not being a real man.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Words are just that words. What makes a man a Real Man is actions. Say what you want, but you've gotta be able to act upon what you've said. I know a lot of guys that are all talk. I also know a bunch of guys that talk a lot, but when someone's in need they help regardless. Like Jesse James (The Outlaw, not the bike maker), Yea he robbed banks, but he went for the deeds over the money. Then he went and handed the deeds back to the folks that owned the homes/land. Or Alvin C. York who during World War I tried to capture instead of kiling enemies. Granted he still killed 28 enemy solders while overtaking a machine gun nest, which earned him a Medal of Honor, but he captured 132 during the same attempt. Now you don't have to be like Robert G. Cole, who also got a Medal of Honor for diregarding his own safety while being bombarded with enemy fire and standing up and advancing on the enemies whilst ordering his men to follow suit and leading the assault with only a pistol. But at least be a man and back up them words.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Words are just that words. What makes a man a Real Man is actions. Say what you want, but you've gotta be able to act upon what you've said. I know a lot of guys that are all talk. I also know a bunch of guys that talk a lot, but when someone's in need they help regardless. Like Jesse James (The Outlaw, not the bike maker), Yea he robbed banks, but he went for the deeds over the money. Then he went and handed the deeds back to the folks that owned the homes/land. Or Alvin C. York who during World War I tried to capture instead of kiling enemies. Granted he still killed 28 enemy solders while overtaking a machine gun nest, which earned him a Medal of Honor, but he captured 132 during the same attempt. Now you don't have to be like Robert G. Cole, who also got a Medal of Honor for diregarding his own safety while being bombarded with enemy fire and standing up and advancing on the enemies whilst ordering his men to follow suit and leading the assault with only a pistol. But at least be a man and back up them words.
    Eh, I am pretty sure if you give your word to someone, you accomplish what you committed yourself on..meaning the action or whatever the case is. And if you fail to do so, you're a nobody.

I am pretty sure that phrase is not to be taken literally. That's why I never say "I give you my word on it", unless I am 101% sure I am going to do what I committed myself on.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 02-10-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2012 08:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Beatrix View Post
    So, if an adult male were to cry or tear up at finding out that he is to be a father and saw his child for the first time through a sonogram, would you call him a man? If he were to cry at the loss of a loved one, would he be called a man? If he were to tear up because he is happy, oh so blissfully happy, would he be called a man? If he supressed his emotions but was a douche that didn't do his part, is he a man? I want you to answer these questions Yoko, one by one.
    First, all of these guys are men. There is no question about that. The thing is if they are real men. I assume by real men, people mean manly men, so here we go. 1.No, not a real man. A man, but not a real man. It's a picture on a screen. 2.Yes, he is a real man, provided he doesn't go around blubbering in public. If he weeps alone for that, I see no problem, but going out into the real world and crying his eyes out where nobody knows of his situation, not very manly. 3.No, not a real man. Crying because you're happy? How is that even a question. 4.I hate this one, because it makes your obvious bias even more obvious. But yes, he is a real man, based on the emotional portion of it. But just because someone doesn't cry doesn't mean they don't do they're part or are douchebags. Some people are just happy people, and don't get sad. Some people are hard to the core, and have a wonderful life. In no way is emotion, particularly sadness, correlated to doucheness or how much work they do.

Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2015 03:49 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ellxeeva

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara View Post
    Look, everyone'sopinion of a "real" man or woman will be different. I don't think crying is manly and neither do a lot of other people, and considering a "real" man by a societal view IMO is manly, than a "real" man wouldn't cry. Men are generally more logical and less emotional, so isn't it understandable that one view of a "real" man would be showing very little if any emotions at all? Oh, and by know emotions, I should specify I refer to sadness and low energy emotions. Anger throgh happiness and excitement is fine.
    Crying is for every human, male or female. That is why, there are tears and tears are for crying, and the effect is biological, physiological and emotional and as much as every person, man or woman, has the capacity to feel or have emotions, therefore crying does not make you less manly.

There are many men who can easily express their emotions through crying, but they still remain manly, tough, courageous and strong afterwards.

Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

A real man has facial hair, chest hair, a pimp hand and several women on each arm. He's a self-centered chauvinist pig, politically incorrect and isn't afraid to smack your witch up. He's always coming at you bro, and never turns down a good tasing. He doesn't take no crap from nobody, and woman you best be in the kitchen making him a sammich! He smells of grease and sweat, eats naught but meat and is a beast in the sack. He knocks down hard liquor like it's water, wrestles bears with his bare hands, bathes in ice cold lakes and drinks the blood of his enemies. All your women are belong to him, be they maids, nurses, office ladies, school girls, cougars...

This, is a real man

mmh, so hott
    Last edited by OminousCloud; 02-11-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OminousCloud View Post
    A real man has facial hair, chest hair, a pimp hand and several women on each arm. He's a self-centered chauvinist pig, politically incorrect and isn't afraid to smack your witch up. He's always coming at you bro, and never turns down a good tasing. He doesn't take no crap from nobody, and woman you best be in the kitchen making him a sammich! He smells of grease and sweat, eats naught but meat and is a beast in the sack. He knocks down hard liquor like it's water, wrestles bears with his bare hands, bathes in ice cold lakes and drinks the blood of his enemies. All your women are belong to him, be they maids, nurses, office ladies, school girls, cougars...

This, is a real man

mmh, so hott
    They're all lies, LIES I say! >< -Shakes fist in anger-
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 02-11-2011 at 11:09 AM.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Senior Member Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Tiger Saturn Silence Glaive Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2013 07:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: generallylame

First, all of these guys are men. There is no question about that. The thing is if they are real men. I assume by real men, people mean manly men, so here we go. 1.No, not a real man. A man, but not a real man. It's a picture on a screen. 2.Yes, he is a real man, provided he doesn't go around blubbering in public. If he weeps alone for that, I see no problem, but going out into the real world and crying his eyes out where nobody knows of his situation, not very manly. 3.No, not a real man. Crying because you're happy? How is that even a question. 4.I hate this one, because it makes your obvious bias even more obvious. But yes, he is a real man, based on the emotional portion of it. But just because someone doesn't cry doesn't mean they don't do they're part or are douchebags. Some people are just happy people, and don't get sad. Some people are hard to the core, and have a wonderful life. In no way is emotion, particularly sadness, correlated to doucheness or how much work they do.
    So, your bias opinion of a "real man" is one who dies not show negative emotion unless it's anger. It's not realistic. My man is a real man because he does what needs to be done. He has always been one to try to hide his emotions (granted, it always fails with me! ^.^) but I have seen him cry at emotional things, such as a movie, and has fought back tears at a funeral. He is a real man because he works so I can focus on taking care of the house and our daughter. Every man is different, but a real man is one who works to support the ones he loves, whether it be actually with a job or being a house husband. Would you want a woman who is everything that you wanted but didn't do the work that needed to be done, would you ask yourself if she was a real woman?
    There is no absolute right and wrong. People judge as right what they personally consider pleasant, and judge as wrong what they personally consider unpleasant. Convincing others of what is right cannot be equated with teaching the Truth. It is just teaching others to agree with you. It is not about putting an end to error, but putting an end to opinions contrary to your own perceptions.
    ~Lao Tzu

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by OminousCloud View Post
    This, is a real man

mmh, so hott

HAHAHAHA mini i come home to find my pic posted in this thread. i had a great laugh =]
    I like how you listed all my outfit fetishes too
    still, you should see my CURRENT pic. Its even manlier than that one O_O
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Beatrix View Post
    So, your bias opinion of a "real man" is one who dies not show negative emotion unless it's anger. It's not realistic. My man is a real man because he does what needs to be done. He has always been one to try to hide his emotions (granted, it always fails with me! ^.^) but I have seen him cry at emotional things, such as a movie, and has fought back tears at a funeral. He is a real man because he works so I can focus on taking care of the house and our daughter. Every man is different, but a real man is one who works to support the ones he loves, whether it be actually with a job or being a house husband. Would you want a woman who is everything that you wanted but didn't do the work that needed to be done, would you ask yourself if she was a real woman?
    As previously said, my opinion of a real man is that it's a way to enforce double standards on men. Wio said it best. However, a societal view of a real man would be one who epitomizes masculine characteristics, aka manliness. Manliness comes from testosterone. Anger comes from testosterone, sadness does not. Oh, and I don't care, at all, about yor boyfriend. As far as I'm concerned he's completely irrelevant. He has a job, so what. Abusive spouses have jobs too, then they beat their wife and kids. Oh, but they have a job, so it's fine. And what if the person lives on their own, no loved ones to speak of. They're obviously not a real man because all of his money is going to himself, and not his non-existant loved ones.
    Oh, and of course my version of a real man is unrealistic, because there is no f*****g thing as a real man. You damn idiot. This is why I f*****g hate women. they can't understand normal thinking. Seriously, how many times do I have to say it for you. there is no such thing as a real man. look at wio's post on page one. that pretty much sums it all up. But God damn it, try to understand what i'm saying. follow my logic. state that real man= manly man. and that sadness x=x manly. by this logic manly man x=x sad man. It's pretty simple. And obviously man can cry. I'm not saying they can't I'm saying it's not manly to cry. It's pretty simple to understand. But you seem to make the jump every f*****g time to if men don't cry they won't have a job and can't provide for their family. It doesn't make any sense. And if you say you don't make that jump, then shut the f**k up right now. If you're not making that jump, then why do you always transition not crying to douchebag who doesn't provide with his family, or my boyfriend cries and provides for me, so he's manly. Just shut up.
    The whole concept of a real man is stupid. There is no such thing. Stop arguing this you retarded b*tch. Just go away.
    Oh, and to answer your last question, THERE'S NO F****NG THING AS A REAL WOMAN EITHER! GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD!! REAL WHATEVER IS A WAY TO PUT DOUBLE STANDARDS ON PEOPLE!!! and if a woman was everything I wanted and didn't do the housework, I'd be happy as hell. I don't want a compulsive cleaner and I can pretty much cook for myself. Besides, I'd be happy enough with how they already were. If I loved her I'd be able to overlook her short comings and not dump her because she can't/doesn't do something.
    sorry for the cencored profanity eris. I just needed to let of some steam. hope you can forgive me <3

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

YokoKuwabara, take a chillax pill.

Now I feel the need to drop in my opinion about two things. (My post isn't really an answer to YokoKuwabara's post. Just some stuff in the thread.)

First, crying. I'm talking about how it is in my society, so your mileage may vary. Crying isn't an unmanly thing. But women generally open up in front of people easily, whereas men prefer to hide it. That doesn't mean men can't open up at all. They might open up to someone close enough, but crying in front of everyone is (generally) considered childish. There are, however, cases where it's totally fine for men to cry in front of everyone. For example, a man crying for the death of a family member or a very close person, or after finding out something disastrous (such as a family member being diagnosed with cancer). In this case, it's not "unmanly" in any way, and it's even expected that the man cries in front of everyone.

Second, "having 9000 women on your each arm"? No, it's not the case at all here. People here prefer to stick to "one for one" relationships. Every one man has one woman and every one woman has one man. No woman here will look in your face again after she finds out you have another woman in your life. It's considered dishonesty. Having two women compete for you is something you won't see here. They'll both spit in your face and walk away. It's not manly. It's not an achievement. It's not something you can be proud of. People here hook up to form serious, genuine life-long relationships. Not to practice their genitals. And not to stroke their egos by thinking they can "collect" as much women as they want.

Sex is extremely overrated IMHO. Some people need to stop thinking with their genitals and start thinking with their minds.

It's not even unmanly here to not have a girlfriend. There's a whole good portion of people who don't (it's not a majority, though). They aren't looked down upon, and there isn't any pressure on them to do. It's more of a "whatever rocks your boat." Personally, I am not with avoiding it, but I am not with rushing it just for the sake of it either. If I haven't found a girl that suits me, I'm not desperate to do so today. (And like I said earlier, I lack the maturity to do so yet)

I don't want to turn this into a "cultural differences talk"... but let me also say, the majority of males here are just nice guys and only want to be nice guys. It's not considered manly to be a douche or a jerk here. We have a different definition for "alpha", which is being responsible, dependable, getting your job done, and things like that. Not being a douche. And certainly not having more women than you know what to do with. Some abusive men hide behind "manliness" inside their homes, but it's just stupid and medieval, and everyone else frowns upon them. (And they are a minority in my society in particular. And they usually end up destroying their own families because their wives will, sooner or later, spit in their face and leave them.) Because seriously, any form of douche-ness is just medieval and is completely useless and stupid in this day and age.

I don't understand what sick concepts people have associated with manliness. But it's not about testosterone. Human beings are different from monkeys. They have minds, and minds first.

I don't think there's a point in being emo and talking like that to a girl because you think society is screwed up. I made myself look like a dope before, and I realized it's only stupid. And I regretted it deeply. There are a lot of things that are rooted in people's minds from society (and this is everywhere; I'm not talking about where you live in particular), talking like that is just gonna make you look like a screwed up douche.

*Keep in mind that when I say my society is this and my society is that or [society x] is this and [society y] is that, I'm NOT, in any way, trying to make my society look better or trying to bash any other society. Every culture has its ups and downs, and I think it's useful to see how things are in other cultures to find out one's mistakes and correct them.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 02-12-2011 at 06:49 AM.

12. Thanks Harmonics thanked for this post
    Likes Harmonics liked this post
    Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Why cant we all just agree that society puts up social norms that make people seem less humanly than they're supposed to be and therefore disregard those viewpoints altogether?

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well for me, a man is a real man if he follows what he feels is right and that he doesn't take anything for granted.
    Also, he lives and treats others just like the way he wants to be treated.
    Sets made by Mira Kaiba!!!^^

An exchange for a little bit of happiness is a life shattering pain. Bend if you must not break.

Senior Member Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Tiger Saturn Silence Glaive Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2013 07:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: generallylame

As previously said, my opinion of a real man is that it's a way to enforce double standards on men. Wio said it best. However, a societal view of a real man would be one who epitomizes masculine characteristics, aka manliness. Manliness comes from testosterone. Anger comes from testosterone, sadness does not. Oh, and I don't care, at all, about yor boyfriend. As far as I'm concerned he's completely irrelevant. He has a job, so what. Abusive spouses have jobs too, then they beat their wife and kids. Oh, but they have a job, so it's fine. And what if the person lives on their own, no loved ones to speak of. They're obviously not a real man because all of his money is going to himself, and not his non-existant loved ones.
    Oh, and of course my version of a real man is unrealistic, because there is no f*****g thing as a real man. You damn idiot. This is why I f*****g hate women. they can't understand normal thinking. Seriously, how many times do I have to say it for you. there is no such thing as a real man. look at wio's post on page one. that pretty much sums it all up. But God damn it, try to understand what i'm saying. follow my logic. state that real man= manly man. and that sadness x=x manly. by this logic manly man x=x sad man. It's pretty simple. And obviously man can cry. I'm not saying they can't I'm saying it's not manly to cry. It's pretty simple to understand. But you seem to make the jump every f*****g time to if men don't cry they won't have a job and can't provide for their family. It doesn't make any sense. And if you say you don't make that jump, then shut the f**k up right now. If you're not making that jump, then why do you always transition not crying to douchebag who doesn't provide with his family, or my boyfriend cries and provides for me, so he's manly. Just shut up.
    The whole concept of a real man is stupid. There is no such thing. Stop arguing this you retarded b*tch. Just go away.
    Oh, and to answer your last question, THERE'S NO F****NG THING AS A REAL WOMAN EITHER! GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD!! REAL WHATEVER IS A WAY TO PUT DOUBLE STANDARDS ON PEOPLE!!! and if a woman was everything I wanted and didn't do the housework, I'd be happy as hell. I don't want a compulsive cleaner and I can pretty much cook for myself. Besides, I'd be happy enough with how they already were. If I loved her I'd be able to overlook her short comings and not dump her because she can't/doesn't do something.
    sorry for the cencored profanity eris. I just needed to let of some steam. hope you can forgive me <3
    *rolls eyes* You also gotta realize, a manly man (what you consider to be a "real man") can beat his wife and kids too. What I mean by a real man is one who takes care of things that need to be taken care of. What your views of what a man should be is one who keeps his emotions bottled up inside to the point that it comes out in rage, and therefore lashes out at everyone (like you, @YokoKuwabara:. And if you were to actually get with a woman and have a child (Lord have mercy if you do) I don't think you would put up with a woman that doesn't take care of the house and your child. And with your views of a "real man," you wouldn't be blissfully happy, you would keep it bottled up and only show your anger, and by that point it would be rage. There are real women and real men, although it is not often. And my views of such are not based on society: they are based on life. You would want your woman to clean and cook if you ever have a child, or else you would come at her in rage.

There are real men who cry at the life they create, who cry at the loss of loved ones, who tear up because they are happy. And yet, there are douchbags who, (probably like you) keep things bottled up inside and don't do anything that needs to be done, therefore making them not a man at all. And after a while of being with a person, those shortcomings will become like nails on a chalkboard to you.

Another thing, yoko, get a real life and stop being so closed minded.
    There is no absolute right and wrong. People judge as right what they personally consider pleasant, and judge as wrong what they personally consider unpleasant. Convincing others of what is right cannot be equated with teaching the Truth. It is just teaching others to agree with you. It is not about putting an end to error, but putting an end to opinions contrary to your own perceptions.
    ~Lao Tzu

Senior Member Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Dice D8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2013 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: someone1489

Manliness comes from testosterone. Anger comes from testosterone, sadness does not.
    You know, I stopped reading after this. Testosterone is a gender balancing hormone so you would be essentially (but not technically) correct when you say manliness comes from testosterone. Without the proper balance of testosterone to estrogen (specifically estradiol), men would not function the way they do.

If you think testosterone causes anger, then you'd be mistaken. While excess amounts of testosterone CAN lead to aggression, anger is not directly caused by testosterone (normally). There are many parts of the brain that help regulate emotional memory, control, and stimulation. For example (big example in this case) aggression AND depression seemed to be linked to the same part of the brain... The Temporal Lobes have been shown to have a direct relationship with anger and sadness, meaning that they are likely focused in the same area.

When faced with an existence so great, one becomes blind to everything and experiences only fear...

人は平等ではない。不平等は悪ではない。平等は悪だ。そう、人は差別されるためにある。だからこそ人は争い 、競い合い、そこに進歩が生まれる。 

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

Men dont take internet threads seriously

just sayin
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Aku, amazing post. (:
    But yeah~ regardless of what sex, but just being a good person, doing whatever you need to do, you fit as a "real man" or "real woman" and respecting one another makes life easier. It goes with actions as well, let men or women do whatever the hell they want. I think I said this on my other post. Hm, I really don't remember.

You damn idiot. This is why I f*****g hate women. they can't understand normal thinking.
    This is taking a little too far. I'm not telling you to be this way to her, and if you'll tell her something to her, let it be only to her. Not to other women. I'm sorry if the majority of women you encountered in your life can't understand normal thinking. I'm trying to tip-toe here, so don't take me the wrong way I think its a little harsh to say stuff like that. I know you don't mean it (I hope), but still that didn't sound nice at all.

It's pretty simple to understand. But you seem to make the jump every f*****g time to if men don't cry they won't have a job and can't provide for their family. It doesn't make any sense. And if you say you don't make that jump, then shut the f**k up right now. If you're not making that jump, then why do you always transition not crying to douchebag who doesn't provide with his family, or my boyfriend cries and provides for me, so he's manly. Just shut up.
    Oh, and to answer your last question, THERE'S NO F****NG THING AS A REAL WOMAN EITHER! GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD!! REAL WHATEVER IS A WAY TO PUT DOUBLE STANDARDS ON PEOPLE!!!
    That, you're right. No doubt about it. And as for the rest, again thats just real harsh. I get your point in a non-negative way, but I do think things should be said a little differently. I see your POV of what you think, I have some things I don't necessarily agree but I get it at least, in case you're wondering. I know its not towards to me, but still. Lets have no hard feelings now, I hate it a lot.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, and of course my version of a real man is unrealistic, because there is no f*****g thing as a real man. You damn idiot. This is why I f*****g hate women. they can't understand normal thinking. Seriously, how many times do I have to say it for you.
    Whoa dude, internet boards aren't that srs.

Womenz can understand "normal thinking" if the thought process is "normal" to begin with. Also, sorry you "hate" women, but I have a feeling that they aren't all that crazy about you, either ...

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara
    There is no such thing. Stop arguing this you retarded b*tch. Just go away.
    This is what forums are for, you understand this.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, and of course my version of a real man is unrealistic, because there is no f*****g thing as a real man. You damn idiot. This is why I f*****g hate women. they can't understand normal thinking. Seriously, how many times do I have to say it for you. there is no such thing as a real man.
    Dude, no one's going to take you seriously if you start swearing and getting so worked up, k?

Look, I don't believe anyone here is out to force their opinion of what constitutes a "real man" on you. The concept itself is pretty much subjective in nature, agreed? However, as it's something everyone can have an opinion on; we argue about it, pit our opinions against each other and see what comes of it. In the end though, is it really something to get so worked up over? Seems to me that's more revealing of just how little resolve you had in your opinion to begin with if it comes to that.

Stand your ground on your opinion, and so what if other people don't agree with it? It'll always happen no matter where you are or what you do. Let's just try to have some fun while we're at it and not start going at each other's throats, alright?
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 02-12-2011 at 04:32 PM.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First, to Seung-li, thank you. Thank you for looking passed the anger in my post to actually seeing parts of what I'm saying. And yes, I know that I was a little over the top and such, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Also, i don't really hate all woman. just sometimes they can get on my nerves, as can men.
    Now, I'm going to take Sigma's advice and just agree to disagree. I'll still think it's a way to impose double standards, but if I had to describve it, it'd be about manliness. You'll still think it's about a man who can get done what needs to be done and can provide for his family.
    Also, to other things, i'm actually a pretty happy go lucky person. The main thing I lack is sadness/depression. you see, when i'm sad, i stop being sad, and I be awesome instead. i can't say the same for anger, but I'm generally not an angry person. I have miles of patience when it comes to loved ones. I would never physically "rage" on anyone if I didn't have to/wasn't provoked (physically I might add).
    And don't worry. I never plan on having children.
    But you see, i don't think I'm a real man anyway. Not just because there's no such thing as a real man, but because I'm not very manly. I don't like jerky, I watch glee, K-ON!, lucky star, azumanga daioh, carry around stuffed animals with me, I hate fast cars, i hate the idea of a one night stand, i'm more against sex than any girl who knows me (Except one really religious girl), I'm a very submissive person, I'm not strong, i'm very small, and I love Neil Patrick Harris.
    Again, I can be very much blissfully happy, I just don't cry from happiness. I have fangasms, sure, but I haven't cried from joy. Also, i'm a very optimistic person. That's what keeps me happy and drives away sadness. not me trying to be manly.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara
    And don't worry. I never plan on having children.
    lol, you know that this doesn't necessarily depend on just you.

Senior Member Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Favorite A Duck Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    lol, you know that this doesn't necessarily depend on just you.
    He has just apologized, and it seems this argument has came to a natural end, so let's not pick up on something he's said..? I think everyones had their fill of this debate and it's not necessary to antagonize it further.

Fascinated by the rain, influenced by the wind. Adventure for fun.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

A real man can ignore schoolyard taunts. It takes a real man to laugh when someone else says "Seven to one odds aren't fair!"

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anime-Prince View Post
    He has just apologized, and it seems this argument has came to a natural end, so let's not pick up on something he's said..? I think everyones had their fill of this debate and it's not necessary to antagonize it further.

I'm not really picking on anything he said as much as I am pointing out an actual fact; you (as a male) can "plan" on not ever having children, but since you're not the one actually having them, it doesn't really depend on you quite as much - it depends on how safe the intercourse was, because you know, mistakes do happen.

There are many guys who "never planned" on having kids, and are yet stuck with them for that very reason.

Also, this thread was stupid to begin with. The same thing would happen if "what makes a woman" or "what makes a human" was started. Damn ... I shouldn't give anyone any ideas. Too late.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

I tend to ignore threads I don't like and go on with my life. It amazes me how few people are capable of doing that...

Closed Thread

Thread Information