AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Signature of the Week #25 Results

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Signature of the Week #25 Results

Congratulations to all winners. Interestingly enough, while the Judges were discussing the who won our opinions, we were perplexed as to why such a low quality signature was winning over better quality signatures. We then realized that the voters had mistaken the theme. The theme was NOT a signature that represents FlashD, but GIFTS for FlashD because it was his Birthday last week. Of course there's nothing we can do at this point but hand out rewards, I hope this doesnt inadvertently discourage people from entering or voting in future SOTWs.

This week, our judges choose Entry A, by Serated as the winner. I will just copy paste what another judge said:

The Judges have chosen entry A as they have stated that is graphically the best put together tag, Although the text could use a little more work and some of the C4D on the focal's face. However they have said that the lighting and blending are just superb, the way the C4Ds are used are nearly seamless, and the black cinema style border caps it off beautifully.

The Judges did not choose entry B, because amusing as it is, this is a graphics contest and it should be treated as such.
    So, here's the badge.

In 1st Place with 8 Votes: DeathBlade

In 2nd Place with 3 Votes Each: Serated and Zenister

In 3rd Place with 2 Votes: Hyphen

Congrats again to all winners.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Signature of the Week #25 Results

Heh, I was impressed with most of the sigs this theme. I've seen improvement from a lot of the sigmakers, so good job on that (: But shouldn't B still get something for getting the voter's choice?

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Member Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2011 01:28 AM
    Threads

I completely disagree with the judges decision. First and foremost, this is a contest in which the users VOTE and the top one wins. Sure, you, as a judge, may also have your own personal opinion, but in situations like a graphics contest it should never really OUT RULE everyone elses.

I don't agree that "low quality" and "better quality" were your best choice of words. Are you saying that, say, someone used paint on a different contest, had a "low quality" signature, but everyone liked it, voted for it, but because there were "better quality" signatures that the judges would veto our votes and just choose which ones they like the best?

While the intro thread for this SOTW did include that it was FOR his birthday, it does not say it has to be "the best gift" for FlashD as a requirement. Also, for you to say it wasn't to "REPRESENT" FlashD, then you should take out every single entry, considering what someone likes represents them, does it not? ALL entries represent FlashD.

Serated has 3 votes AS WELL AS Zenister, so if you are just going to throw Entry B out of the running then you should give BOTH "first place winners" a badge. That's what a tie is, right? Both win?
    심혼의 개기식.
    and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars a.p.a.r.t.:

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Zelda View Post
    I completely disagree with the judges decision. First and foremost, this is a contest in which the users VOTE and the top one wins. Sure, you, as a judge, may also have your own personal opinion, but in situations like a graphics contest it should never really OUT RULE everyone elses.

I don't agree that "low quality" and "better quality" were your best choice of words. Are you saying that, say, someone used paint on a different contest, had a "low quality" signature, but everyone liked it, voted for it, but because there were "better quality" signatures that the judges would veto our votes and just choose which ones they like the best?

While the intro thread for this SOTW did include that it was FOR his birthday, it does not say it has to be "the best gift" for FlashD as a requirement. Also, for you to say it wasn't to "REPRESENT" FlashD, then you should take out every single entry, considering what someone likes represents them, does it not? ALL entries represent FlashD.

Serated has 3 votes AS WELL AS Zenister, so if you are just going to throw Entry B out of the running then you should give BOTH "first place winners" a badge. That's what a tie is, right? Both win?
    Yes, but this is a graphic contest, not a comedy contest.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Member Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda has a reputation beyond repute Princess Zelda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You don't have to use a lot of flare, blending, lighting, etc., for it to be graphics.
    심혼의 개기식.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I see were you're coming from, but as Light Buster had said this sis a graphics competition, and yes entry B is a graphic.

When the new rules were posted it stated that the Judges would vote for the best graphical piece this includes, lighting, blending, text placement, etc etc.

Nobody really had a problem with it then. I've lost out to the Judges decision when I won a contest by the user vote, I still got an award in the awards showcase.

And as for FlashD he can use entry B if he feels it best represents him, they never said it didn't represent him well, it just didn't win with the Judges.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I guess I wasn't aware of the rules. I understand it being used to determine ties, however, what about Serated being the winner and also a judge? Is that bias? What about these circumstances?
    심혼의 개기식.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

If a judge such as Serated entered then Serated would be exempt from that weeks judging panel.

Thats how it was explained =]

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm glad you explained it to me, however, the way it was explained by Serated was a terrible display of a judge. I don't care how terrible someone's graphics are, you don't say someone has "low quality" vs "better quality."

Maybe next time they should clearly explain the requirements, because I wasn't aware that giving him signatures that represent what he likes wasn't also representing him. Nor did it say that in the rules.
    심혼의 개기식.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

It wasn't the best choice of words granted but hey

And you're welcome dear.

Lex Luger R.I.P

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Thanks to all that voted. ^.^ Congats to Serated for the win. And Kudo's to everyone else that entered, I really had a hard time trying to see who's was better. They all look great, and I believe FlashD should use them all at once in his sig spot.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Congrats to all winners, and thanks to everyone who voted for me.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I also disagree with the decision that B isnt a "graphic" signature. Its typography and use of negative space, which is very much part of graphic design. I find that its the prime example that you dont need to clutter a piece with C4Ds, blending, filters, brushes, and all that other jazz to make a good piece of work.

BTW, if I recall, we've had one or two 'text only' SOTW contests. So the argument that B isnt graphic is absurd.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I knew this was going to happen.

Let me start by saying this, winner of the popular vote by users ARE REWARDED. We dont snub them. Please read the first paragraph of this thread explaining how the SOTW works:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Judges-Thread

Another thing to keep into consideration is that because I entered in this SOTW, I was not judging. And, if you read clearly, I copy/pasted the reason entry A won from another judge. I DIDNT WRITE IT.

And lets all keep in mind something else, everyone has bias. I certainly had bias that my entry was losing, just as much as people bias against me for posting this stuff up. And who's really to say what is low quality versus high?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    I knew this was going to happen.

Let me start by saying this, winner of the popular vote by users ARE REWARDED. We dont snub them. Please read the first paragraph of this thread explaining how the SOTW works:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Judges-Thread

Another thing to keep into consideration is that because I entered in this SOTW, I was not judging. And, if you read clearly, I copy/pasted the reason entry A won from another judge. I DIDNT WRITE IT.

And lets all keep in mind something else, everyone has bias. I certainly had bias that my entry was losing, just as much as people bias against me for posting this stuff up. And who's really to say what is low quality versus high?
    I understand the idea of judges and winners of popular choice getting awards and what not, my comment wasnt directed towards you, it was towards the judges who felt that B wasnt a graphic signature.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Rageface PPG Blossom
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SerenityFayeSpiegel

It shouldn't be about the quality of the techniques used. It should be a contexted based decision. Everybody used some sort of anime girl for this. Entry B was the only one that actually stood out and was different. It is absolutely ridiculous that Entry B was not the "real winner" because of it's supposed "low quality." I hate seeing the same kind of signatures over and over and over again. It's the same techniques used. And Entry B broke those rules, did a text only, which got the most votes. It was different, it was amusing, and even though this is for "graphics" and not "humor" it was both. Quit thinking inside those little boxes that you are all stuck in. Try something new for a change. Art has rules yes, art has styles, art has good techniques and bad ones, but, rules are meant to be broken, styles are meant to be changed, and "bad" techniques can be awesome as long as they are played right, which Entry B was. Open your minds. Stop going back to what you guys think is safe. Explore art, make it something that is different. You should be looking for the meaning, not the technique anyway, that is what art is about.

Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by SerenityFaye View Post
    It shouldn't be about the quality of the techniques used. It should be a contexted based decision. Everybody used some sort of anime girl for this. Entry B was the only one that actually stood out and was different. It is absolutely ridiculous that Entry B was not the "real winner" because of it's supposed "low quality." I hate seeing the same kind of signatures over and over and over again. It's the same techniques used. And Entry B broke those rules, did a text only, which got the most votes. It was different, it was amusing, and even though this is for "graphics" and not "humor" it was both. Quit thinking inside those little boxes that you are all stuck in. Try something new for a change. Art has rules yes, art has styles, art has good techniques and bad ones, but, rules are meant to be broken, styles are meant to be changed, and "bad" techniques can be awesome as long as they are played right, which Entry B was. Open your minds. Stop going back to what you guys think is safe. Explore art, make it something that is different. You should be looking for the meaning, not the technique anyway, that is what art is about.

Okay, you have me at end on a number of things here, I will address them one by one.

First of all, B did win. The user WAS and HAS been rewarded. AGAIN, please read the Judges Thread for more information. There are two (2) winners every SOTW. One by popular vote, one based upon judges. The reason this system is here is typically to prevent cheating; not that it happened this week, but it has happened.

Second of all, I understand the point of trying to think outside the box in terms of the idea of a signature, but here's the problem the judges had; was it intentional? Now, obviously, the signature was very basic, to people who have invested a lot of time into learning graphics, developing styles and losing to that, its comes across as insulting. Just put yourself in their shoes, how would you feel if someone less qualified than you won something with little to no training/experience?

And here's another question, what level of experience do you think is necessary to make something like Entry B? How long would it take to make entry B versus, say, my entry?

I do of course agree with you, art is subjective, what you like and I like are completely different and I respect that. However, what the Judges like and what voters like are also different. The fundamental difference between these two groups are the levels of experience in terms art. Please consider that most voters in this contest have little to no actual experience in any sort of design interface (IE, PHotoshop). They know nothing about flow, depth, renders, composition, text, kerning, spacing, blending, lighting, negative/positive space, color, borders, style, or structure.

Senior Member SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Rageface PPG Blossom
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SerenityFayeSpiegel

The amount of time invested in a piece of work is null. I am an artist, I paint, draw, create jewelry, and do photography.
    One of my photography pieces, which was literally a "ohh pretty *click*" moment, won an honorable mention in my school's art show. Why? Because there was meaning behind it.
    I can create a drawing in about 5 minutes, and have it look nice and not sketchy.
    The amount of time spent on a piece does not make it good. You can spend hours and make something very medicore.
    And experience.. I'm a formally trained artist. I went to school for it. And I was a voter who voted for B. Again, because it broke the rules. It was different. It wasn't an anime girl with some random brushes thrown into a background. I understand that most voters don't understand the concept of techniques used. But I do. I also understand that most people did spend hours, and good for them. But you cannot, and should not be basing your decisions on the amount of time spent on a piece.
    And, I have had people less qualified than I, win over me. And I have always felt like they did a good job on their piece to catch the judges attention. And that next time, I'll show them something that breaks the rules. Which is the case with the one photo that won. I broke all the rules with it.
    The way I see these contests every week, I see the same round of people, I see the same ones winning, and I see the same kind of techniques used. It's all very boring for me to look at. Entry B spiced it up for me, and the judges can sit there and say that it's low quality all they want, but it was DIFFERENT. I don't see anyone else coming up with something like that. You guys are focused on making it all so complex, and spend your hours working on it. Bah. Simplify. Make it MEAN something for a change. I saw your's. It doesn't mean anything except it's pretty.
    Yay, you learned to combine textures and brushes for a background for an anime girl. But what does it mean?
    That is my point Serated. You spend hours making a pretty image, but it has no meaning. It has no story to tell.
    Entry B's story is that the person knew Flash enough to know he used the face all the time. He made it simple. He made it in 5 minutes. But it's different. It's not an anime girl with fancy backgrounds. And conceptually, I find it beautiful. The positive and negative space works well.

And I understand that he won. All I am saying, is that your terms for his work are wrong. Your ideas on how art should be are closed minded and need a revamp. Art is not about the hours that you take creating it, art is about the story of the creation, the story of the thought that made you make it. Art is not about technique. Art is not about following the rules. Art uses techniques yes, and art has rules yes, but like I said before they are meant to be broken.
    Last edited by SerenityFaye; 02-07-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

First of all, I didnt use one single texture, or brush on my entry. This kind of illustrates my point above where I said that the typical voter has no experience in Graphics.

Another thing to put into consideration is that fact that because I entered this week, I WAS NOT ACTING AS A JUDGE. I am just the guy who copy/pasted what they said into this thread. Bashing me about how I cant understand what art is isnt going to help you and certainly doesnt reflect well on this contest.

And what exactly do you mean by 'rules' of art? I've never heard of any such things before. I would like to remind you, that this is a signature contest. If we were to go backwards and judge solely on which entry looks the most like a signature, which entry would win that contest? And because this is the "Signature of the Week" does that mean that people like myself should take the years of knowledge we have spent so long to attain, all the tutorials we have written, all of the trial and error and just chuck them out the window because someone knows FlashD a little bit better than the rest of us?

Also, in my opinion, Entry B's positive/negative space isnt good at all. You have a center mass, and a small line of text off to the right. And consider this, when the human eye looks at something, in this case a signature, it usually starts off somewhere where there is a lot happening. Logically, you would think the center mass, but its not, its the right side with that little hanging bunch of text there. Why is that text alone? Why is it all by itself away from the group? It must be important, therefore the eye is drawn to it far more than the center area. Regardless of is simplicity, its also cluttered and center minded.

And here's another question, what if you didnt know FlashD? What exactly you make of that signature? You really wouldnt make anything of it, because it basically represents nothing, other than a name, an emote, and a website. Overall, while the simplicity is nice, its defeated by a lack of organization and hierarchy. It doesnt have good positive or negative space.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This went too far. I'm locking this up, because some people just can't read and are arguing with the GM for the wrong reasons.

Thanks to all the participants for making me a sig btw. I really do appreciate it. ^_^

*closed*

Closed Thread

Thread Information