AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead Space 2 Disucsion Thread

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Dead Space 2 Disucsion Thread

So Dead space 2 came out yesterday, did you get it? planning on it?

I'm going to try to pick it up today if I can.

Same deal as the New Vegas thread, post your experience here as you progress through the game and such as well as continued discussion of the game in general. oh, and as always do NOT forget to use spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 03-27-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dead Space 2 Disucsion Thread

I got the game on Sunday morning and already finished. On normal of course. >_>

I tried Multiplayer as well, and I think it's pretty decent..I just don't feel it.

AF's Resident Color Taster Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Chameleon Cookie Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2016 02:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sr Machinehead PSN ID: Sr_machinehead Steam ID: DocMK

I got it on release day and played a bit of multiplayer of course i loved it and was joyfully surprised at how well it worked, i made it a bit past the halfway point in campaign and am on the second disc at the moment. I think this game really is how a sequel should be done, also the games difficulty isn't too easy like a lot of games this generation. this is also a general consensus within my group of friends.

Set made by me
    "Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

I rented it and started last night after shoveling out the driveway - - and I learned it's even more of a joke than the first Dead Space.
    Like the first game, all you need is the Plasma Cutter, but unlike the first game, ammo spawns for all weapons evenly
    . Which , personally is insulting because now, you can be carrying ammo for every weapon in the game while only having one gun in your possession. Rather than exploit the system and get only the ammo you need.

OH THEY FINALLY FIXED THE NECROMORPHS. They can now, after all my years of teasing Dead Space 1, walk through doors to get you.

Single Player
    I spent about 3 hours mocking every little thing about the game, because frankly it was hilarious. The entire thing was devoid of common sense.
    MOSH PIT ISSAC TAKE OUT YOUR RAGE ON THAT WHEELCHAIR IT KILLED YOUR FAMILY GOTTA KEEP MY PIMP HAND STRONG
    OH SNAP NECROMORPHS NOW HAVE PRIZES INSIDE?! SMASHY SMASHY

Then after a while, you realize that the most dangerous thing in the Sprawl, is the Sprawl itself, not the necromorphs, not the Gunships! Nothing is more dangerous the shoddy craftsmanship.
    Honestly, for a world littered with safety posters there's some serious OSHA violations going on. Here's a couple of my favorites.

-Decompression. HONESTLY, WHO IS THE GENIUS WHO PUTS THE EMERGENCY SHUT OFF ABOVE THE GODDAMN DOOR? ESPECIALLY SINCE THIS HAPPENS IN THE GODDAMN GIFT SHOP.
    The person who built the sprawl must be pretty confident that everybody has a gun on them and the ability to shoot a glowing red panel as they're being sucked out into space.
    That or the Sprawl was Built by Spencer from Resident Evil.
    Then there's the fact that this keeps happening all over the damn place. Every time an area decompresses, you gotta repeat the same exact routine. Oh, it's not worth it either.
    Since you can't stomp their bodies to get the goodies inside.

- HEY LOOK HERE'S A MENTAL WARD, WE KEEP NUTTY PEOPLE IN HERE TOO BAD WE'RE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO TAKE AWAY THEIR KEYS WHEN WE LOCK THEM UP : A snide reference to the fact the computer still recognizes Issac Clark as an active employee and lets him into the vents, a place where a guy in a straight jacket should never be allowed.

-HEY LOOK, THE DOOR IS WIDE OPEN LET ME JUST WALK THROUGH AND.. SORRY YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZE *SLAM*
    Wait a second.. Wouldn't it make more sense to have one of these doors in the ... You know. MENTAL WARD?!
    Also , why is it guarding the goddamn gift shop?

-Maintenance Tunnels: Goddamn, they can't install a walk way with hand rails? You have to go flying through a trash compactor at high speed dodging debris?

-*KABOOM* WARNING YOUR GUEST IS NOT AUTHORIZED aka, you could have warned me, you know, just incase the guy was actually still alive. The resulting blast would have nearly killed him as well. =

It honestly stopped being funny around Chapter 6, when not 1 , but 2 types of LOL EXPLODING enemies were introduced. You think the Exploding Arm guy would be enough. But nooooooooo, they gotta have exploding babies and living tripmines, just to slow the living hell out of the game. It is also at that point in the game when the areas just started repeating themselves. Those damn apartments and that middle area, how many times is some lame monster gonna bust through a door, you turn the corner and have to fight off yet another predictable wave of enemies in a room that looks exactly the same color, layout and pattern as the other room.

Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 are essentially testaments to their inability to actually make the game difficult. Random exploding trip wires don't make the game difficult or scary. It's just a waste of health and time. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE GAME REMOVES WHATEVER OBJECT YOU WERE LIFTING JUST INCASE YOU WERE USING IT AS A SHIELD. It's nice to know that not 1 but 5 different objects I tried to carry through the area magically faded away when I attempted to move forward while carrying them.

I honestly don't want to finish the game, but I'm going to just to see what kind of hijinks you get yourself into.

Major Downside.
    Issac Clark now looks like Alex Mason, who looks like Alex Mason. I liked him better when he didn't talk. Now I wish he would just shut up.

As for the Multiplayer. It's a third person left 4 dead playing by Dead Space rules.

It's pretty lame, but it's amusing since the entire premise is totally exploitable. Me and a few friends tried it out today and already we've figured out how to spawn camp and cheese our way to easy victories. It's actually profitable to let the human team get half way through since then, you can kill them more and vice versa. Humans can farm the necromorph players by simply huddling up and waiting for them or as the Necros, You can simply spam the Human Team's Spawn point until they quit the game.

All and all , the game is down right funny. But for people who are "Actually" scared of this series. You'll enjoy it.

Junior Member Kisuke004 is on a distinguished road Kisuke004's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Bleach Urahara Hat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2011 02:43 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: kevin567891

offcourse im gonna get it i watched some demo's off the online gameplay but i only saw 1 map
    i hope there is going to come more maps in the real game.

AF's Resident Color Taster Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well i finished it and i have to say i'm pleased. I've gone through it twice and will be going through on the hardest difficulty next. Multiplayer seems even better when you have a group of people who communicate, it's just an all around good game in my eyes. Yet This is another surprise from Visceral studios, and even more surprising since it has EA attached to it. i'd go into more detail but i'm afraid that i'd spoil stuff. >_>

Set made by me
    "Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Senior Member Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon American Flag Ribbon Bob
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2013 12:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ghost212010

Dead Space is going to be a Very Good Shooting and adventure's Game that will make me want to play more then once even if i finish it i will play it again

Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

All in all I enjoyed the game, but is it just me or did it turn into more of a shooter than a horror game. I was not unnerved at all the hole game, it seems they just plane dropped the horror aspect of the game and just turned it into a shoot em up.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorkeeper View Post
    All in all I enjoyed the game, but is it just me or did it turn into more of a shooter than a horror game. I was not unnerved at all the hole game, it seems they just plane dropped the horror aspect of the game and just turned it into a shoot em up.
    I agree with this 100%. What happened to the random guy banging his head on the wall, or those people laughing hysterically at a dead body? It wasn't as scary as the first game. Though I did enjoy it fairly well.

I absolutely adored what they did with Zero-Gravity. *^* The fact that you can move all around rather than walking along the side of the wall made it more realistic imo. I love the new addition of weapons. The sniper one was epic once fully upgraded, and the javelin proved instant kill if you managed to do it right (though how the hell are you supposed to shock three others with the javelin?). They made those scorpion looking necros more aholy and I dont get why they added another baby necro. I thought the lurkers were the baby necros of the game.

One of my pet peeves was that you could be taking on a necro that barely appeared in front and yet you already had one behind you. It was worse when the one behind you was those ones that carry a sack. The lurkers proved to be way more annoying than in the first game especially since they would often appear in pairs.

And can I just say that I absolutely love the stalkers? idk if you can use them in multiplayer or not cause it sounds lame, but god those things are awesomely annoying yet good to face. lol at the trophy you get when you first face them.

The last couple of chapters were very tedious cause you could be carrying a bunch of ammo and by the end most of it would be depleted on the constant hordes and worst of all you got ammo for weapons you weren't even carrying.

I love the advance suit but I wish there was a suit out there that was way more than 25% armor, cause its sort of too low.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorkeeper View Post
    They didn't drop the horror at all.
    It just didn't seem as scary for one reason.

Isaac was more or less alone on the Ishimura.
    In this game there's always someone talking to you over radio or in person. Always.
    It doesn't help that they turned Isaac into Iron Man either.

I found the game more disturbing than anything. Like watching Plague Dogs or Cannibal Holocaust. Not so much scary as it was morbid.

And for the record, the first Dead Space stopped being scary when you got the pulse rifle.

Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    One of my pet peeves was that you could be taking on a necro that barely appeared in front and yet you already had one behind you. It was worse when the one behind you was those ones that carry a sack. The lurkers proved to be way more annoying than in the first game especially since they would often appear in pairs.
    I have two issues with the sac caring necros one they barley ever gave you time to react to them they just spawn on top of you most of the time and two there blast radius is far to big.

Was I the only person that would always let out a huge sigh whenever two black lurkers showed up at the same time (well I guess I am not allowed to have plasma cutter ammo.)

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I got the Dead Space 2 DLC on release day and kinda forgot to post about it. I liked it and was delighted by introduction of one of the enemies i missed the most from Dead Space 1. The Twitchers received a revamp and while being short i felt that the DLC was priced just right. I mean it still isn't at the status of the first game but i was delighted to play it anyways.

Set made by me

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I was about to post about the DLC but didn't as the thread was dead and thought people wouldn't care.

Well, I played it all the way through, the DLC wasn't that bad as people make it be but it was a bit meh in my opinion.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

well i think people just wanted too much from the DLC. I played through it a few times and think that it still has the replayability for the price. i'm not sure what people were expecting though.

Set made by me

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, people pretty much wanted a long game, that's all.

I for one was satisfied with the length though.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

for about 7-8 bucks it's long for 2 chapters. considering dead space 2 is 60 bucks and is 15 chapters, this is a steal for the price. i should have probably finished extraction before playing it though.

Set made by me

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex Popsicle Mario Item Box
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2019 09:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I thought that Dead Space 2 Severed was a complete ripoff. Of course, I can't complain since I didn't pay for it, but I feel bad for anyone who did.

Sure, it does provide some pretty interesting characters and does have a decent plot going for it, but the locations you visit (at least, more than 65% of them I'd say) are just recycled. The only thing different is the character/suit. There's not really much new going for it.

This ain't my opinion on DS2 though. The game is probably one of my favorites this generation, and the train sequence is arguably my favorite moment this generation. :3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information