AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Taco Bell's false advertising of what you're really eating.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Taco Bell's false advertising of what you're really eating.

Lol, VG..I have to admit, I lol'd.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Does anyone here ever go to a fast-food joint with the expectation of 100% beef, when the item you're paying for is less then a dollar? This isn't a shock to anyone. Unless they were really using actual bad meat, then I'd complain.

Also, to settle this 'authentic' debate. While my mom, who comes from an entirely Mexican family and was raised in the Jalisco area, never goes to Taco Bell with the expectation of having a top-notch taco, she also doesn't believe they're necessarily doing anything wrong other than providing a lower-grade, cheaper-quality taco. If you go to any other Mexican restaurant, even in Guadalajara, they provided almost the exact same food items (Except of course the Frito Taco, but they're just experimenting) just with higher grade materials.

I'm with Wio on this one. You're just paying for a cheaper quality taco. And a taco is a Mexican thing, or commonly referred to as such.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 01-29-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    [/I]If you go to any other Mexican restaurant, even in Guadalajara, they provided almost the exact same food items (Except of course the Frito Taco, but they're just experimenting) just with higher grade materials.
    I agree with your statement when it comes to other dishes, because all dishes are best made in their originated place due to it's resources, I've been a witness of that.

Also, I'm pretty darn sure that it's just not the quality of the ingredients but also the special touches that makes a taco a real taco. And small example would be the spice.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Lol, VG..I have to admit, I lol'd.
    I actually have to admit I agree. xD.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I agree with your statement when it comes to other dishes, because all dishes are best made in their originated place due to it's resources, I've been a witness of that.

Also, I'm pretty darn sure that it's just not the quality of the ingredients but also the special touches that makes a taco a real taco. And small example would be the spice.
    There are no 'special touches' to any food item of any ethnicity. My Mexican grandmother uses a lot brown sugar in her tacos, but my mom never liked that, so she never uses as much as my grandma. So who's making a real taco? Obviously only one of them can be, because they have two varying recipies for the same basic food item.

Every nationality says that they make their food best because it's from their country of origin, but that doesn't mean that we can't allow other people to make them and add their own twists. No two things will ever taste the same.

In fact, Taco Bell even uses spices, genuine spices, that I've seen almost every restaurant in Mexico use.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Finally something worth posting from VG555.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

There are no 'special touches' to any food item of any ethnicity. My Mexican grandmother uses a lot brown sugar in her tacos, but my mom never liked that, so she never uses as much as my grandma. So who's making a real taco? Obviously only one of them can be, because they have two varying recipies for the same basic food item.

Every nationality says that they make their food best because it's from their country of origin, but that doesn't mean that we can't allow other people to make them and add their own twists. No two things will ever taste the same.

In fact, Taco Bell even uses spices, genuine spices, that I've seen almost every restaurant in Mexico use.
    It's no use Memento. He's going to culinary school. You're dealing with a master here.

But seriously, "authenticity" is a lie, and fusion and experimentation in food doesn't make the dish less of a whatever it is. California rolls are still makizushi, chicken club tacos are still tacos, and hamburgers where the meat is in fact a portobello mushroom is still a burger. Anyone who thinks otherwise is what we in the sane world call a "Food Snob."
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Wow, A fast food company using something that isn't entirely meat, Watch as I am taken a back by this shocking turn of events.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1900 cups of Sano View Post
    It's no use Memento. He's going to culinary school. You're dealing with a master here.

But seriously, "authenticity" is a lie, and fusion and experimentation in food doesn't make the dish less of a whatever it is. California rolls are still makizushi, chicken club tacos are still tacos, and hamburgers where the meat is in fact a portobello mushroom is still a burger. Anyone who thinks otherwise is what we in the sane world call a "Food Snob."
    eye c wut u did thar.

You're totally missing the point. v_v
    What you're saying is like saying Pepperoni Pizza is the real thing, while Hawaiian is not. I'm pretty sure that was never the argument here..yet it was brought a lot.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 01-29-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

eye c wut u did thar.

You're totally missing the point. v_v
    What you're saying is like saying Pepperoni Pizza is the real thing, while Hawaiian is not. I'm pretty sure that was never the argument here..yet it was brought a lot.
    That's actually what you're saying.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's actually what you're saying.
    I never said that, not even remotely close to what I said. I actually never limited the ideas of how food should be made.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The thing is, if someone were to look at Taco Bell's recipe, modify it, and make a really good tasting taco you'd probably say "This is some great Mexican food". You think that by definition Mexican food has to taste good or it doesn't count.

Junior Member リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー has a reputation beyond repute リッキー's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2011 11:45 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: divinedream

Business is about maximising profits. If they can do that by selling substandard products, while still keeping people buying, of course they will do it. A problem would only arise if they were selling something which they were not delivering.

All in all, food made at home is the best way to go, as you control most of what goes into it, and it normally tastes nicer anyway.
    Last edited by リッキー; 01-30-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information