AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Brag about where you live

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Brag about where you live

Whoa, didn't know this was going on while I was sleeping. Okay, people, let's all get along here.

To summarize things up:
    • The Southern region of the US does tend to be more socially and politically conservative, but this is not to say every Southerner is a conservative Christian Republican, and nor does this say every New Englander is a liberal irreligious Democrat.
    • There are all kinds of people in every region, every state, every country. Many Southern places are more open-minded than the Southern region as a whole, middle- to large-sized cities especially (e.g. Dallas, TX).
    • Let's not bring religion into this now... The Southern culture is a well-blended mixture of Evangelicalism, social and political conservatism, rigorous agriculture, a long history of postbellum takeover by the Union states, etc. So you really can't say any one single factor is to blame for the often-perceived intolerance in the Southerners.
    • We love one another here! ^^

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    Whoa, didn't know this was going on while I was sleeping. Okay, people, let's all get along here.

To summarize things up:

• The Southern region of the US does tend to be more socially and politically conservative, but this is not to say every Southerner is a conservative Christian Republican, and nor does this say every New Englander is a liberal irreligious Democrat.
    • There are all kinds of people in every region, every state, every country. Many Southern places are more open-minded than the Southern region as a whole, middle- to large-sized cities especially (e.g. Dallas, TX).
    • Let's not bring religion into this now... The Southern culture is a well-blended mixture of Evangelicalism, social and political conservatism, rigorous agriculture, a long history of postbellum takeover by the Union states, etc. So you really can't say any one single factor is to blame for the often-perceived intolerance in the Southerners.
    -_-

Why are you only fighting against my side? The stereotype that the South is all nice should be fought against too, because it is not any more true in general.
    Last edited by Aulos; 02-04-2011 at 10:28 AM.

~Made by me~

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonist View Post
    -_-

Why are you only fighting against my side? The stereotype that the South is all nice should be fought against too, because it is not any more true in general.
    Oops, yes, that, too, at least for the sake of fairness. XP
    Although, I'll really have to go down the South myself one day to see just how the people there really are.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am going to have a kick out of this.

I live in Canada.
    -Where many people have the impression that we lives in igloos and have pet beavers. (nah, I am just kidding but I do get a kick out of that. :3) Canada has beautiful rocky mountains, beautiful lakes and rivers and the falls are amazing.

I live in Alberta.
    -Alberta has beautiful Rocky Mountains

I live in Northern Alberta, in a tiny city.
    -It's the windest city in Alberta and it has gotten up to -50 degrees Celsius here.

Nothing too fancy here. Just lots of cold, lots of snow that I can almost drown in and ice...plenty of it. :3

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Infinita View Post
    we lives in igloos
    Nah, that's more like Alaska, home of the Sarah Palin =P

Quote Originally Posted by Infinita View Post
    and have pet beavers
    I only think so now because of Justin Beaver Bieber, ehehe

Member CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2011 07:20 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CMDR_Spink

To summarize things up:
    Wowzas! I think I've been misread. x.x

I'm not saying that EVERYONE down here's of the religious/etc type. I'm suggesting that a large concentration of the south does tend to lean more towards conservative ways, though (which has been proven through political/social polls). I was merely offering that as a possible explanation of why many of them seem to be against/unsupportive of movements like the LGBT community. I only know this because I myself was brought up in a religious household.

I'm not trying to bash anyone's religion, I'm just saying (truthfully) that Christianity and conservative mindsets tend to frown upon these sorts of things and I made a comment as to how that really shouldn't be so (love and peace! lol). Religion is a fair social aspect to bring up when it comes to this sort of thing, since it has been allowed to be closely tied to several people's social mindsets. It's just a part of general social demographic study.
    I wasn't blaming it ALL on a religion, just noting that it may be a good reason why.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by CMNDR_Spinxie View Post
    Wowzas! I think I've been misread. x.x
    Oh no no no, I didn't misread you or anything. It's just that others were saying we should stop generalizing, to which I agreed, so I thought I'd try to make peace.

And what you said was basically what I said anyway, so uh, sorry for the confusion...

Member CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie has a reputation beyond repute CMNDR_Spinxie's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2011 07:20 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CMDR_Spink

Oh no no no, I didn't misread you or anything. It's just that others were saying we should stop generalizing, to which I agreed, so I thought I'd try to make peace.

And what you said was basically what I said anyway, so uh, sorry for the confusion...
    Oh! Okay ^^' Just wanted to make sure I hadn't upset anyone accidentally. It's not what I like to do (most of the time, lol). No worries, then! ^.^

Senior Member under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2011 11:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: revolucionary

In addition to my earlier post:

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2018 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: k9craze

I live in the Philippines. My teacher was told by his friend that the Philippines is one of the countries who has a stable economy. [Reminder: I am not the one who said that.]
    In the Philippines I live in Metropolitan/Metro Manila which is also known as the NCR or National Capital Region. So yeah like the acronym says it's the NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION.
    In Metro Manila I live in Las Piņas City. Home of the Bamboo orchestra in the Philippines.
    [Random words of wisdom here]
    [Photo signature here]
    [Random words here]

Closed Thread

Thread Information