AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Signature of the Week #25 Theme

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Signature of the Week #25 Theme

Dear Potential Entrants,

Hello, its Serated. So here we are, 25 contests into the season and things have been going well. Thanks to all of you who have been entering, thank you to all who have been voting, and thank you to all of those who sent me suggestions for new contest themes.

However, please allow to take this time to give you a little constructive criticism. If you have ANY questions about entering the SOTW, please please please ask me. And if you do, please label the private message 'SOTW Question.' Lately I have been getting small floods of Entries that arent really entries at all, and its getting kind of frustrating to tell the entries apart from the questions.

Secondly, if you are entering in the contest, when you placing the AG.net text, please place it in a way that I can see it. I am sick and tired of getting entries where the text is sitting in corners, and I have to play I-Spy in order to find it. So I am now going to start a new rule where if I cannot see your AG.net text, I am not accepting your entry and I will not reply to you about it either. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that that text is in your entry and that it is also readable. Not mine.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Your humble SOTW Staff Member Serated.

Signature of the Week #25 Theme

Theme: FlashD

GUYS LISTEN. Guys, listen! Next week is FlashD’s birthday. Guys! Next week is FlashD’s birthday! And we are totally going to surprise him with a bunch of signatures for him. So guys, listen, make some signatures, enter them here, and make him happy. AND IT WILL BE A SURPRISE. There is no way in a gazillion years he will ever find this thread, learn our secret, and ruin the surprise!

TIPS: He likes the characters Saber from Fate Stay Night, Nanoha Takamachi and Fate Testarossa from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, and Kotori and Nanaka Shirakawa from Da Capo. I have extractions of each and every one of those characters in my extractions thread if you are willing to look hard enough.

....MAKE SURE HIS NAME IS ON YOUR ENTRY TOO!!!

Entry Rules:

1) Your signature must be at least 390 by 90 pixels, and no larger than 450 by 200 pixels. If you use animation, the file size of the signature must not exceed 1 MB.
    2) Entries are due on the date of Saturday, January 29th, 2011.
    3) All entries must have the text ‘AnimeGalleries.net’ on them for.
    4) By entering in this contest, you are allowing AnimeGalleries.net the right to use your signature for promotional reasons or otherwise.

Other Rules:

1) Serated is not responsible for your entry following the contest’s theme or following any other above rules. If you have ANY questions pertaining to this contest, please PM Serated and your question will be swiftly answered to help.

2) Any comments, concerns, or important questions regarding the SOTW contest, or the weeks’ theme should be posted within this thread.

3) This contest is ANONYMOUS. Any discussions of entering, voting, deadlines, other otherwise will result in your entry and future participation within this contest being revoked.

4) You are allowed only 1 (one) entry for this contest. If you wish to make necessary changes to your entry, you are free to do so. You may NOT enter multiple versions of your entry.

All entries must be sent via PM to Serated before 7 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on January 29th, 2011. Please label your PM “SOTW 25 Entry” in order to avoid confusion.

Stocks are Optional.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Extra-Render-2.png‎
Views:	22
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	37256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Saber-Render-7.png‎
Views:	19
Size:	621.9 KB
ID:	37255   Click image for larger version

Name:	2skj-Render.png‎
Views:	24
Size:	885.3 KB
ID:	37257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fate-Render-3.png‎
Views:	18
Size:	732.4 KB
ID:	37258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fate-Render-7.png‎
Views:	18
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	37259  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nanoha-Render-11.png‎
Views:	22
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	37260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kotori-Render-2.png‎
Views:	20
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	37261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kotori-Render-5.png‎
Views:	10
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	37262  
    Last edited by Vintniv; 01-22-2011 at 05:33 PM.

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Signature of the Week #25 Theme

You should definitely tell us if you can't see the text. We might think it's blatantly obvious and then be needlessly disappointed when our entry doesn't appear in the contest, especially if we sent it in early and could have had plenty of time to correct the problem.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Zenister View Post
    You should definitely tell us if you can't see the text. We might think it's blatantly obvious and then be needlessly disappointed when our entry doesn't appear in the contest, especially if we sent it in early and could have had plenty of time to correct the problem.

Why send in your entry early at all? Its Signature of the 'WEEK.' You have a week to think about the theme, your signature, etc. Why should I be responsible for the quality of your entry? Wouldnt that undermine the whole point of your own creativity?

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Two differing opinions on whether or not text is readable has almost nothing to do with the quality of the sig or the creativity of the person who made it. In fact, someone who can find a clever way to integrate text so it's not immediately noticeable could be labeled more creative than someone who just slaps it on wherever it's most obvious.

I'm not saying you're responsible for our entries; I'm saying it would be courteous of you and not take much time for you to send a quick "Hey, did you remember to put AG.net on your sig?" It takes two clicks and ten seconds worth of typing to do so.

Also, by send your sig in early, I meant near the beginning of the week. I usually get mine finished within the first day, which would leave me with plenty of time to correct something as simple as text placement.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    Dear Potential Entrants,
    Secondly, if you are entering in the contest, when you placing the AG.net text, please place it in a way that I can see it. I am sick and tired of getting entries where the text is sitting in corners, and I have to play I-Spy in order to find it. So I am now going to start a new rule where if I cannot see your AG.net text, I am not accepting your entry and I will not reply to you about it either. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that that text is in your entry and that it is also readable. Not mine.
    To those who do that:
    Text shouldn`t be scattered around, all the text should be in the same spot, becaus if the text is scattered it will misslead your eyes away from the focal. The text should be near the focal.
    And scattering text looks shitty :P

Question to Serated:
    The whole animegalleries.net has to be on the sig, can`t put just ag.net on it?

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Does ag.net bring you to animegalleries.net?

This doesn't even make sense.

EDIT: Stop posting here everyone. This topic'll be right on the front page of the forums for youknowwho.

PM Serated with any more questions.
    Last edited by Skilero; 01-23-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Zenister View Post
    I'm not saying you're responsible for our entries; I'm saying it would be courteous of you and not take much time for you to send a quick "Hey, did you remember to put AG.net on your sig?" It takes two clicks and ten seconds worth of typing to do so.

Also, by send your sig in early, I meant near the beginning of the week. I usually get mine finished within the first day, which would leave me with plenty of time to correct something as simple as text placement.

I have no problem letting people know that the text is missing. Its just getting to the point where I am doing it at least twice every week, and its starting to bug me. Also, for every one person like you that say, 'yeah, I will change that right away for you.' There's going to be another person that's going to argue with me about it, and cause me more trouble than its worth.

Here's a pair of examples:

Also, on my own personal note. I never finish my entry on the first day, I always wait for either the day before or day before that. I spend the rest of the days beta testing what works and what doesnt. Whenever I get an entry on the first day, I think one of two things about the entry. Either 1, you are a signature God and therefore dont need to second guess yourself because you have this down to a science. Or 2, you havnet considered your entry one bit, you just read the theme, found a nice stock a crapped out a generic signature that you didnt think anything about.

And considering that this is a Theme that we giving to another user who spends a lot of his time helping me, I am going to put in a lot of effort into this signature, and will take as much time as I need to accomplish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Question to Serated:

No, AG.net is completely different website all together. But think of the Animegalleries.net text as a selling point to your signature.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information