AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions? Mature, yet dramatic/emotional anime anyone?

Senior Member Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 01:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Suggestions? Mature, yet dramatic/emotional anime anyone?

Hello, I've watched several series though some tend to fall through cracks. I'm looking to see if anyone has any good suggestions. Here's some anime I've finished, a star means I enjoyed it thoroughly, with Neon Genesis being my favorite.

Neon Genesis Evangelion ****
    Full Metal Alchemist and Brotherhood ***
    Samurai Champloo **
    Wolf's Rain *
    Fooly Cooly **
    Death Note *
    Paranoia Agent
    Ghost in the Shell
    Animatrix
    Trinity Blood
    Inuyasha (and other big titles like it, etc Naruto and others...they didn't pull me as well but I stuck through it anyway)
    Now and Then, Here and There *
    The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya *
    Love Hina *
    Digimon, Pokemon, etc
    Cowboy Bebop *

Really, I'm looking for a mature series, i.e. innuendo, language, suspenseful moments, violence, etc(though none of those specifically are required; I just want it to feel real) but I also want some very good emotion and character development. I mean Full Metal didn't have sexual content that much, but it's by far one of my favorite series. Case in point; I want something that feels human, (my qualm with Death Note is that the character development was disgustingly terrible, though the theme and mood of the show were great) and moves me as well. I appreciate the time any of you took to reply/read this. Thanks in advance. =^.^=
    Last edited by Tigris; 01-04-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Come to the RPG section, we always need more writers and members.
    VOTE VOTE VOTE, I'll have a decision by Tuesday, Sign-Ups before Christmas weekend! ^_^""
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...estions-Anyone

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions? Mature, yet dramatic/emotional anime anyone?

- Katanagatari (A 12-episode anime with an hour episode each. A somewhat unique show with an interesting art design, but a solid story and a good deal of character development. I can honestly say it was a very good anime that came out to an amazing end; something which I find to be something of a rarity now a days.)

- Bakemonogatari (A 12-episode, all-around awesome show. Doesn't have a particular storyline as compared to some other animes, yet proves strangely addicting with each episode as you find yourself drawn into the varying complex, and often hilarious, situations the main character is thrust into. Highly recommended.)

- Break Blade (A six-episode series with an hour episode each. Currently two episodes have been released. An alternate reality anime dealing with people born with the special born to manipulate quartz, which they utilize in advancing their civilization. More prominently this ability is used to move the giant mecha called Golems. The main story focuses around Rygart, a young man known as an "un-sorcerer", a rarity with no ability whatsoever to manipulate quartz. Upon responding to a request from an old friend of his, the king of a nearby country, he soon finds himself thrust into the middle of a war where he comes face-to-face with his best friend. While somewhat traditional in its elements, both its story line and emotional quality are solid; and the art is certainly a pleasure to look at as well. Recommend at least watching through one episode.)

- Code Geass/Code Geass R2 (An anime that will have you questioning from beginning to end where the main character is a good guy or a bad guy. Certainly no slouch on the action nor the heart-wrenching scenes that will have you glued to your seat to know what happens next. Strong use of character development with an amazing storyline to match.)

- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (The current generation of anime's definition of EPICNESS and MANLINESS. A high testosterone-filled ride that will have you dying for more from beginning to end. In terms of mecha battle, you ain't gonna get much better than this one. A unique and captivating storyline with solid character development. Episode eight will make you sad though... v_v. Must watch.)

- The Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Interesting, albeit a bit weird title I know, but a very decent anime with a compelling and interesting storyline. I recommend giving it about five episodes before you decide on continuing with it or not. One of those animes that you have to give some time before it truly begins to shine.)

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Mmmm... I'll hold off on full summaries, but I'll give suggestions. Just google the ones you may be interested in.

"Monster" - The most mature anime I've ever seen. Drama and some action. Very "real" characters.
    "NHK ni Youkoso!" - About a neet. Very original, pretty mature. Dramatic.
    "Gantz" - Very mature, lots of action, some drama. I would suggest the manga over the anime though.
    "Berserk" - Very mature, tons of action, tons of drama, can get emotional despite the main character's badassery.
    "Black Lagoon" - Mature, lots of action, characters are amazing, some drama.

The majority of these I would say have a more dark theme than your normal anime. I would say try out Black Lagoon first. It's probably the easiest to watch out of that list, the rest don't normally attract the average casual anime watcher.

Member Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir has a reputation beyond repute Codename_Noir's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2011 09:50 AM
    Threads

Elfen Lied. It really fits the description, it's a pretty bloody show and it does have some sexual content but at the same time it's a reaaallly deep anime. And has some very "NO WAY" moments, judging from what you've wrote I think you will really like it. You should defo check it out! It's made me cry, laugh and scream at the tv screen all in one episode! It's one of them anime's. Also the artwork is cool, I think I might re-watch it sometime tonight. Here's a brief synopsis, it may sound a bit crazy but you should defo not be turned off that.

"A humanoid test subject known as a Diclonius escapes from a lab somewhere, protected by some sort of supernatural powers. She literally paves her way through a sea of blood of her own making and falls into a sea after a failed attempt of stopping her permanently with a sniper.
    A while later, the two cousins Kouta and Yuka comes over a naked girl with a peculiar set of horns on her head standing in the ocean. Without the ability to say anything but "nyu" and looking quite lost and forelorn, the two take her with them to their home, name her... well, Nyu, and let her live with them.
    What they quickly learn, however, is that some sort of organization is after Nyu. And Nyu herself seems to have another personality within her. Who is Nyu? WHAT is Nyu? And just what is going on? "
    'My lightest touch would kill you'

Stuck in Love's Capture Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Hot Chocolate Flowers Fan2 Wolf
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2015 06:38 AM
    In Between Darkness and Light, Engulfed in Fire and Ice
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien-the characters have experiences that real life people have and it's so intense that it draws you in instantly. May make you want to cry at times and other times shocked. It's really drama filled and mature.

Amazing set by
    Ezza Obsuna ^^

The days fly by and the feelings remain
    So far away and causing us pain
    That's okay we'll make it through
    Soon we'll get to say "I love you"

Junior Member Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran has a reputation beyond repute Son-Goran's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 03:47 PM
    Threads

Welcome to N.H.K - as mentioned in an earlier thread - amazing show!

Serial Experiments Lain - a very demanding show as well, very original!

FLCL - this is more in the surreal (the term being somewhat ironic in regards to anime) end, but a very entertaining show!

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Durarara
    Witchblade
    Mai-HiME

Emotional ones:
    Angel Beats!
    Clannad and After Story
    ef - a tale of memories
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Otome Youkai Zakuro
    Toradora

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you like Wolfs Rain and Cowboy Bebop I"d suggest Trigun. I'm a little surprised someone else hasn't suggested it. Maybe it's getting old

Also Full Metal Panic. It's an interesting series with two seasons that are "normal" in the sense of sticking high schoolers into mecha (buy hey you liked Evangelion). But than it has a third season called "Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu" which focuses on the character interactions I think everyone enjoyed as opposed to the main plot.

Member GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight has a reputation beyond repute GuyverKnight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2011 09:23 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would suggest Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armor, it has some intense action, blood, some swearing but not excessive and only used when really necessary,and great character development
    Though if you like Wolf's Rain (I do too) I would also suggest Ginga Desetsu Weed, though Ive only read about it and seen AMVs on YouTube it is a awesome series ^_^

Senior Member under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2011 11:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: revolucionary

I'd like to point out that innuendo, language, suspenseful moments, violence, etc. do not a mature narrative make. In fact, most of them make a story seem immature if anything.

Now, if you like Evangellion there's an anime that I haven't watched but that I hear is very similar called RahXephon. It was produced by Studio BONES, the same guys who did BEBOP and some other classics, so it's probably pretty good.

You seem to be into classics, so I'll suggest something I have seen. Trigun, an anime about a pacifist gunslinger. If you're into beautiful art and animation, it's not for you. The art is below-par and the animation is generally quite average with an exception of one scene at the beginning. Also, it has some Christian themes. I'm an atheist and had little problem with it, but if you're seriously offended by that sort of thing stay away. Same goes for pacifism; very strong anti-violence themes. Anyway, it's considered a near-classic, and I thoroughly enjoyed its interesting and lovable characters and the actual analysis of the values that it purveys.
    Last edited by under the rain; 01-14-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Quote Originally Posted by under the rain View Post
    I'd like to point out that innuendo, language, suspenseful moments, violence, etc. do not a mature narrative make. In fact, most of them make a story seem immature if anything.

Now, if you like Evangellion there's an anime that I haven't watched but that I hear is very similar called RahXephon. It was produced by Studio BONES, the same guys who did BEBOP and some other classics, so it's probably pretty good.

You seem to be into classics, so I'll suggest something I have seen. Trigun, an anime about a pacifist gunslinger. If you're into beautiful art and animation, it's not for you. The art is below-par and the animation is generally quite average with an exception of one scene at the beginning. Also, it has some Christian themes. I'm an atheist and had little problem with it, but if you're seriously offended by that sort of thing stay away. Same goes for pacifism; very strong anti-violence themes. Anyway, it's considered a near-classic, and I thoroughly enjoyed its interesting and lovable characters and the actual analysis of the values that it purveys.
    Yeaaaaaahhh... I don't know who you were addressing your post to, but I would just like to point out that there are a few ways to interpret the word "mature" expected from the OP. All of the anime I suggested are mature in the way that they are rated R for ages 17 and up. I'm assuming you're suggesting the OP meant for deep underlying concepts/themes? TONS of anime have this. I mean, really, the most immature of anime have some underlying themes hidden beneath their exterior. I mean, hell, you can take something as playful as Lucky Star, reach in and find all sorts of dialogue pertaining to human psychology. I'll repeat this, it's in TONS of anime.

And I would just like to point out that Trigun is PG-13. Just saying. And there are quite a few anime that represent pacifism in one way or another. An anime that represents this WAY more than Trigun would be Rurouni Kenshin. It goes way more in depth about it than Trigun ever could. Then you have numerous Gundam series, and all other types of anime that I could go on to list in detail. Some of the previously stated anime also have religious conflicts as well.

But yeah, your post looked like it was directed to everyone in this thread, so I have to defend myself; and so I did.

Senior Member under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2011 11:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: revolucionary

@MistaCloudStrife I wasn't addressing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris
    Really, I'm looking for a mature series, i.e. innuendo, language, suspenseful moments, violence, etc
    But it is deep, underlying themes that make a mature anime. I'll agree that pretty much every anime has a theme, but how many of them actually analyze them to the depth that something like Trigun does? I haven't seen Ruroni Kenshin so I can't speak for it, (It's too long, I won't watch anything over 50 episodes or so.) but are you honestly saying that Gundam analyzes the implications of pacifism to the extent that Trigun did? I know that many Gundam series espouse pacifism, but do they honestly analyze it?

As for the religious stuff, I was just warning that if he were seriously offended by an actual Christian message he should avoid it. (Evangellion's Christian motif, for example, is purely aesthetic.)
    Last edited by under the rain; 01-15-2011 at 09:02 AM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Well, if you want something mature and very dramatic, there are several suggestions:

1) X ~ This anime is very deep and dark. The main character, Kamui must choose to either become a Dragon of Earth or a Dragon of the Heavens. If he becomes a Dragon of Earth, he will fight for the planets future but at the cost of mankind. It would be a revolution. However, if he became a Dragon of the Heavens, he would fight to put the future in the hands of mankind which would mean the devastation and destruction of the world.
    X is personally one of my all time favourites. It is very dark, but good. I cried many times too!><

2) Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~ This is dramatic on a different level. The main character, Haruka is in love with a boy. She finally goes out with him, but one day when he is late for a date, she is hit by a car. Haruka stays in a coma for several years and when she wakes up, everything has gone wrong because of her "best friend", Mitsuki. I really hated Mitsuki and even though parts of this got me crying and other parts got me angry (all in the spirit), I think I still liked it. :x
    Last edited by Hikarin; 01-15-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

Junior Member adam.skinner will become famous soon enough adam.skinner will become famous soon enough adam.skinner's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2011 07:00 AM
    Threads

NANA would be my top pick for a mature, dramatic, and emotional anime. The previously mentioned KNGE is also a good bet.

Aside from that, check out the following:

Clannad After Story
    Koi Kaze
    Ga-Rei: Zero
    Black Lagoon
    Planetes

I think you'd also enjoy NKH ni Yousoso!, but it's not particularly dramatic or emotional.

Once you're done watching those, cleanse your palette with Ichigo Mashimaro.

Senior Member Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 01:46 AM
    Threads

Took a few detours, but I just recently finished:
    Love Hina: Hadn't seen it since I was 13, reall glad I went back over it heh.
    Eureka Seven: I cannot BELIEVE I hadn't watched it all the way through a few years back, GOD it was so good.
    Ga Rei Zero: Amazing...just...amazing.
    Elfen Lied: I had heard so much about it two years back, but I put it off. That was a mistake, incredible series.
    Blood + : Adult Swim advertised this one a decent amount a while back, but due to me being let down by Trinity Blood, I (wrongfully) addumed it'd be just as bad. Glad I watched this one, damn it hit home for me. If anyone thinks it's worth it(I gave it a fair shot and got about 7 episodes in) I might go back an finish Trinity Blood. Should I?
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: This one was especially interesting and fun, TONS of underlying and subconscious motifs. Once again, started it a few years back and never finished it. Glad I did. :3

So, with that being said, thank you for the suggestions. I repped you if I watched the series I saw and enjoyed them. To clarify(sorry, it was late when I typed this thread up so I didn't explain what I meant by "mature" heh) by what I meant by "mature", I was indicating mature content. Not cause I'm looking for anything explicit directly(though it wouldn't bother me), but because I have two reasons; A. Some series piss me off because they seem so 2-Dimensional, or at the very least not the kind of world I live in. I do factor in culture(as in the Japanese aren't profound in expressing love/physical contact) and such, but it makes me furious when I see things just pass by. Yes, I'm that guy that's screaming, "YOU LOVE HER! F*&^ING KISS HER! DON'T LET HER JUST WALK AWAY FOREVER!!" ^-^"" B. As stated earlier, almost all Anime(in some way, shape, fashion, or form) include mature or important themes/elements. I just prefer more mature oriented(or at least 18-30s age range characters) content because it seems to wrok well for the series I enjoy most. With that being saiiiiid:

I'm going to look into a few more series listed here, thanks everyone. If anyone has anymore suggestions, fire away please! Though I did enjoy Love Hina and Haruhi, those ones typically do not strike my fancy. I will give some of the ones mentioned here a watch though, seeing as they are highly rated. A suggestion for you all, if you're interested, is School Days. Very very dark, and NOT for the faint of heart/underage. It was based upon a dating sim, and many of the endings are downright gut-wrenching.(not for the gore, but for the drama) At any rate, I'm looking for more anime similar to Neon Genesis/FMA/Blood+/Eureka Seven/Code Geass/Samurai Champloo/etcetcetc. I'm really trying to find good story and compelling plot, along with realistic character design and just very deep feeling. I appreciate your time. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN

p.s. Sunnyside: I did try to get into Trigun, twice. I'd like to say I'm not biased and the art isn't the reason(though to be honest I know it is a factor), but the series just didn't draw me in. Religious themes aren't a problem. The characters just didn't click with me, though I think I'm crazy because I know HUNDREDS of people who tell me itp's the best or one of the best they've ever seen. I WILL look into Full Metal Panic! though, it's on of my Persian friend's favorite animes and I've heard alot of good things about it.
    p.p.s. To anyone looking for a good Mecha series like Evangelion, I've heard, though can't confirm yet, that Rah Xephon is very good at capturing the Mechanime genre and is similar to Evangelion. Just a heads up to anyone interested, I'll judge for myself once I see it.
    p.p.p.s. SUPER LONG POST, I apologize for anyone who had to suffer through reading this. X.X""

Come to the RPG section, we always need more writers and members.
    VOTE VOTE VOTE, I'll have a decision by Tuesday, Sign-Ups before Christmas weekend! ^_^""
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...estions-Anyone

Senior Member YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2011 04:49 AM
    Threads

Witchblade
    My-HiME
    Elfen Lied
    Code Geass
    NANA

These are but five animes that I can suggest to you if you haven't already seen them ^^

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Most of the ones I'd recommend have been mentioned, but I'll also throw in Argento Soma.
    It was an anime I'd never heard much about, but I saw the boxset in a hock shop for $10.

Complicated main character, a big twist I didn't see coming, an interesting cast and the usual mecha and the like. It was a rather dark series, but had a final episode showing the loose ends tied which was also kind of realistic.
    victoria aut mors

Senior Member YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

FMA & Brotherhood
    Cowboy Bebop
    Gunslinger Girl

Three more I can offer you ^^

Junior Member Ookami-San is a name known to all Ookami-San is a name known to all Ookami-San is a name known to all Ookami-San is a name known to all Ookami-San is a name known to all Ookami-San is a name known to all Ookami-San's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2011 12:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Silverztream

First of all...watch Spice and Wolf.
    God do i love that animé..

Then check out Clannad and Clannad after story if you liked the first seasons

Trust me, i'm a doct-eh...animé fan

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gungrave
    Trigun
    Gun X Sword

Three more awesome show suggestions I cab offer you ^^

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information