AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snooooooow

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Snooooooow

So er, yes, we had some snow last night. Not sure if anyone noticed really, but it was kinda a Big Deal here. Or something.

Of course, I had to get into the city to take some photos. Don't ask why, I just did O_o;

So I first got to NoHo, got some shopping things done and had food. Also took the following photos:

1. This is Broadway around Bleecker st, facing south.

2. The Noho Star, a fairly decent eatery all things considered.

After NoHo, I took a train down to the financial district, and walked from Rector St to Whitehall St, via a few interesting side-streets. And yes, took some more photos.

These were taken at one of the historical areas, where they kept the street covered in cobblestones (that you can't see) and left the original buildings up as well. Lotsa bars here.

Done there, I headed to Water St (used to work around there at one point) and started heading down towards the Whitehall St station.

6. This is a Vietnam war memorial in the 151 Water St plaza. The building there was featured in a rather cookie-cutter romantic comedy called Two Weeks Notice back in 2002. I know this because I used to work in this building at the time of the shoot.

7. The Staten Island Ferry terminal, and a sign I've finally reached the safety and relative warmth of a train station.

And here, happy with the photos thus far, I headed home. Alas, it was not to be as simple as I had hoped. After all D trains (the line I need) were re-routed over the N line, it was annoying, but doable. Then we got stuck for a bit over two hours because a train ahead of us managed to destroy its ability to move forward in a rather complete fashion. Fortunately the station they pulled us up to was only about two miles of a walk away from where I live. So I headed off in the general direction of my house. Of course I took some photos along the way.

8. A couple of blocks from where I got out of the train. Have to walk in the street since the sidewalks have something close to three feet of snow on them.

9. Another group of unfortunate travelers in the distance.

10. The view under the subway tracks. The same tracks that I would've normally been traveling on.

11. Garbage truck / Snow plow about four blocks from my house. It wasn't moving, and the driver seemed to be chilling out inside. Whether stuck or just bored, I couldn't really tell.

Then I got home, had a cup of tea fortified with some nice scotch, and thus the day was done. I still think the photos were worth the excursion.

2. Likes Senjou_Akira, niKopol liked this post
    Senior Member Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts M1911 Battleship Favorite
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2013 07:31 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Snooooooow

Holy crap that is beatyfull!
    Snow is lovely. <3
    Heeey!

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Ho Ho, you have escaped my ridiculous nicknames... for now!

I like the war memorial the best, it just seems so... serene.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Aleyna's Wifey *with a heart sign* Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket has a reputation beyond repute Anuket's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Tengu Mask Green Tea Pocky
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2012 08:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow, the green monster is right behind me.
    I envy you so much, it's impossible to snow here in the Philippines. But I guess it's ok, I have seen snow like when I was 7 and it was nice if you cut out the part where it got freezing cold. xD

Proud Wife of Aleyna ♥
    Proud Mother of Uta ♪

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Beautiful photos! I love the appearance of the city covered in fresh snow. Unfortunately that appearance fades quickly and it becomes slushy ewyness.
    I'm jealous of all the beautiful snow though we have nothing on the ground and we're supposed to have snow!

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

The Real Suga' Baby Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2021 10:39 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Awesome picture of the dump truck...lol (I've always secretly wanted to try driving one!)

美しい夢みる人

Senior Member Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2013 03:47 PM
    Threads

Your scenic photos always have a nice quality about them, Igor. These are no different.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Those are some fantastic shots Kaitou

Happen to catch any FDNY rigs plowing through the white stuff?
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Senior Member DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon One Piece Flag Mario Star
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2015 03:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ace These Pics are Beautiful and Amazing ^___^

Senior Member Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon American Flag Ribbon Bob
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2013 12:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ghost212010

Cool Pics Boss

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Thanks all! And no, FDNY doesn't actually do any of the plowing that I've ever seen. It's all up to the Dept of Sanitation.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love the photos! I particularly like the memorial one. Snow isn't rare here, it snows till May some years but, I find the snow gives certain places a profound look and effect. (Such as the Rockies.) The snow in the memorial photo gives it a serene and peaceful feel. That's what I see anyways. :3

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Senior Member Lei Long is a splendid one to behold Lei Long is a splendid one to behold Lei Long is a splendid one to behold Lei Long is a splendid one to behold Lei Long is a splendid one to behold Lei Long is a splendid one to behold Lei Long is a splendid one to behold Lei Long's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2011 11:04 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Awsome pics!!!! I know what beautiful snows like... I live in Minnesota!! Lol

Senior Member *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Disapprove
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose 133 - Eevee Gir
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2018 12:48 AM
    Threads

Those are really lovely pics Ace,.. given the lighting and the fact that it was snowing, I still feel a bit of warmth from them, which I think gives them a really nice touch. Great job, as the usual. ^_^

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinita View Post
    I love the photos! I particularly like the memorial one. Snow isn't rare here, it snows till May some years but, I find the snow gives certain places a profound look and effect. (Such as the Rockies.) The snow in the memorial photo gives it a serene and peaceful feel. That's what I see anyways. :3
    I love the Vietnam Memorial photo as well. I like how you took it, how the path and steps curve nicely in the middle of picture with the pretty lights in the background. It is indeed a nice shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Long View Post
    Awsome pics!!!! I know what beautiful snows like... I live in Minnesota!! Lol
    Me too! ^_^

Anyways, I also enjoyed the 68th St photo. I loved how the lights bring attention to the street sign, and the lights going down the street in the background look pretty.

Member Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2011 03:21 PM
    Strawberryavenue 97; High Heaven first door second floor; behind the bookshelf;
    Threads

I especially love the light in the photos! And i envy you of the snow, everything that got down here melts already away again

Senior Member Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Red Orb Red Dango Heart
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cool pics. Lol.

Senior Member Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Mario Blooper Beer Wolf
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 07:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Harmonics12

I wish I was living at a place like your's. I'm sick of seeing only cars passing through. =( But I love those picture, winter and snow are my happy place. I like the 3rd one. it gave me an eerie feeling, like a haunted street because of the green light. The 6th one is simply beautiful, I can't say anything bad about it. =D
    ~~Use to be Rempika~~

"To live is to fight"

I is the dango - Winter Music~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information