AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Big boobs: Needed or not?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely need them and maybe more

2 20.00%
  • No, yuck. Way too big.

5 50.00%
  • I'm ambivalent as long as the show is good

3 30.00%
  • Depends and I'll explain why...

1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Boobs on Anime Girls: Necessary?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Big Boobs on Anime Girls: Necessary?

Okay so some people have questioned whether anime girls really need their enormous somewhat unrealistic boobs. Do you think they do or don't? Why do you feel that way?

Personally I think they do for several reasons.

1. The genre is meant to appeal to teenage boys and girls who, as it turns out, like boobs. Who recognizes THIS character from Naruto?

2. Many of the characters look female, sound female, but aren't. And if the girls did not have large breasts you would not be able to tell them apart from the boys.

3. Small breasted girls (anything under a C-cup) get teased a lot in these shows. It's a running gag.

4. Since it's hard to tell the difference between ages in these shows girls are given large breasts to show their age and so the guys watching don't feel like freaking loli-fans every time they look at them.
    Guess which of these girls from One Punch Man is 21.

If you picked the one with black hair instead of green...

5. Anime characters use them in various ways.

6. When a character switches gender it's the most obvious way to tell without getting into long explanations every time.

7. They're Boooooobs...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-17-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Big Boobs on Anime Girls: Necessary?

I don't mind it so much if it's a side charicter/someone that only pops in or out. In Yakitate!! Japan for example, there was a charicter like that that joined way late in the series, was in 5-10 episodes, and then dissapered again until the end, and then was in another 2-3 episodes. That I didn't mind so much. But for example, food wars. I watch it because I like cooking anime's (Like Yakitate!! Japan) but when it's every single female character, then it becomes annoying and distracting.

Even with ... what's her name you pointed out from Naruto (Haven't watched it in a long time) She didn't join the show right away, and then wasn't in every episode. Still wasn't thrilled about her size, because in contrast, they seemed to be 'practical joke' big. But at least she wasn't always there.

But then, somehow for me, Space Dandy is an exception. There are often big boobs, but somehow in that series it adds to my humor, like I know that's probably going to contribute to Dandy getting in trouble.

As for Ouran, maybe it's because I know it, but looking at their faces, TRYING to be objective, the only one that seems like a girl to me, is the one that is.

But, i'm a picky anime watcher - I used to have a best friend that would show me what to watch, and he showed me a lot of Gems, and a lot of crap too, but once we stopped being friends, I started being really picky about what I watch, so maybe I don't have a big picture.

Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    Threads

I never did care for the extremely buxom anime characters, it's more of a joke anyway.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

I was going to ask if extremely large boobs are necessary if a woman gives birth to quadruplets, but I won't.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You have to stop thinking of them as bodyparts and think of them more as toys.

They jiggle, wiggle, stretch, squich, bounce, twirl. You can eat out of them. use them as squirt guns. Sleep on them. Hide things in them. They change shape, get goosebumps, come in different colors, shapes, sizes (which you can get changed), float... and with nifty fun things attached. You can dress them up. Honestly there's nothing more fun to play with. it's like they combines silly putty, bouncing balls, squirt guns, and water balloons.

And in anime how else do you tell the men from women?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-22-2019 at 04:24 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

At about 0:44:

Jarry Park, Montreal

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    At about 0:44:
    Is that a Mouse in your pocket or are you just happy to see them?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-23-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A moment of silence for the spines of big boobed anime ladies.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

9. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The coach in Big Windup had a large set. I always wondered how she could swing a bat with a chest that size.

Actually, they look a bit smaller here than what I remember. Maybe this is a fan pic.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

I chose the last two options. (Not sure if you intentionally let us vote for more than one.)

I'm slightly ok with it based on the fact that some girls really do have a very large bust. However, some anime go to the extreme and it's completely unneeded. I don't mind a large pair of breasts, but there is such a thing as too big.
    Last edited by Immoral; 07-25-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    A moment of silence for the spines of big boobed anime ladies.
    Keep in mind a lot of them are descended from aliens, demon, gods, etc. In fact there's a good chance anime boobs aren't even subject to gravity.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't remember Mako being so large. Maybe average at the most.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well who do you remember being that large? Or having the most useful boobs?

Junior Member HENRYSAY is on a distinguished road HENRYSAY's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2019 08:42 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I don't mind it so Bluestacks Lucky Patcher Kodi much if it's a side charicter/someone that only pops in or out. In Yakitate!! Japan for example, there was a charicter like that that joined way late in the series, was in 5-10 episodes, and then dissapered again until the end, and then was in another 2-3 episodes. That I didn't mind so much. But for example, food wars. I watch it because I like cooking anime's (Like Yakitate!! Japan) but when it's every single female character, then it becomes annoying and distracting.

Even with ... what's her name you pointed out from Naruto (Haven't watched it in a long time) She didn't join the show right away, and then wasn't in every episode. Still wasn't thrilled about her size, because in contrast, they seemed to be 'practical joke' big. But at least she wasn't always there.

But then, somehow for me, Space Dandy is an exception. There are often big boobs, but somehow in that series it adds to my humor, like I know that's probably going to contribute to Dandy getting in trouble.

As for Ouran, maybe it's because I know it, but looking at their faces, TRYING to be objective, the only one that seems like a girl to me, is the one that is.

But, i'm a picky anime watcher - I used to have a best friend that would show me what to watch, and he showed me a lot of Gems, and a lot of crap too, but once we stopped being friends, I started being really picky about what I watch, so maybe I don't have a big picture.
    2. Many of the characters look female, sound female, but aren't. And if the girls did not have large breasts you would not be able to tell them apart from the boys.
    Last edited by HENRYSAY; 08-21-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by HENRYSAY View Post

Seriously is there really any way to tell the girls from the guys at a glance with accuracy? unless you do it Yusuke's way...

I'm fairly certain most anime boobs resist gravity though, so the girls don't get back problems.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 08-26-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here's my question. Why in anime do girls always grab another girl's breasts? I am not talking about the gay chicks.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Here's my question. Why in anime do girls always grab another girl's breasts? I am not talking about the gay chicks.
    Anime is all about the fan service.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What else are they supposed to do with them? Also, to check the size and whether they're fake

Or maybe the gods just love us...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 09-25-2019 at 06:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information