AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vacations - Preferences, tips, general discussion

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Default Vacations - Preferences, tips, general discussion

I did a search for titles but the threads titled vacation are locked and appear to be "vacation from the site" or "I'm personally going on vacation" type threads.

I thought it would be fun to discuss our vacation preferences and share any tips or upcoming trips we'll be taking, have recently taken, or would like to take.

What was your favorite or most memorable vacation?

Have you traveled with family? Friends? A mix? Have you ever traveled alone?

When you go on vacation, what do you like to do? Do you prefer to relax or do you like to do activities? What kind of activities do you prefer?

What types of travel have you done (domestic, international, over-seas)/(car/road trip, RV, plane, train, boat, etc.)? What is your preferred type of travel?

My most memorable vacation was the first road trip my husband and I took as a married couple. We came to Colorado during the late fall and fell in love with the state. Where we lived it was dark/cloudy/depressing 75% of the year, and humid and miserable the other 25%, so when we were greeted to sunny days and comfortable dry air we knew this was where we needed to be.

I traveled a lot with family when I was young, always road trips, usually once or twice a year. When I was in college my husband (then boyfriend) and I would road trip once a year with about a dozen of our friends for a week-long houseboat adventure...which usually meant getting day drunk and jumping off cliffs or fishing, haha. I've traveled alone once but it was on my way home from my aunt's place. It was a 15 hour road trip with only bathroom breaks.

When I go on vacation it's usually not to visit a place but to visit the people there, so my activities usually revolve around hanging out with them and doing whatever activities they want to do. Usually, that's just watching movies, getting dinner, day-to-day life stuff. When we went on family vacations my dad always wanted to do a bunch of activities and coordinating that was always very stressful. The experience has definitely turned me off from destination/activity based vacationing. If I do any activities at all, I like to check out the scenery/botanic gardens, or watch a show like Cirque du Soleil or similar. Of course I always have to check out local restaurants, grocery stores, etc just to see what is different but familiar.

I've only done domestic travel, mostly by road trips. I've never gone on an RV road trip but my grandparents have an RV so I have spent the night in one and would love to take a road trip in one. I've been on a plane about half a dozen times at this point and I don't like it. The pressure of coordinating flights is already stressful and that's before the security, the cramped spaces, and the nausea I always get taking off or landing. Luckily I haven't been through terrible turbulence yet.
    Last edited by Tycke; 06-22-2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: added missing words

2. Likes Sltnal liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Reflecting Telescope Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2019 09:33 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Vacations - Preferences, tips, general discussion

I did travel alone, with family and friends.

When I traveled with my family it included people especially weddings or extended family. I enjoyed these family trips cause I learned a lot about people. As a family, most of the trips are road trip and as siblings, if we agree on some ideas regarding a trip it’ll subtle. Also, when I take my parents on a trip I enjoy it with them.

With friends also the opposite fun and activities and also we try new things not as scary as sky diving etc. It is good but I missed some good places I want to discover in the countries we’ve been there.

Actually, I prefer this kind of trip. I enjoy discovering the cities and its history especially Europe and East Asia. Japan, Italy, France, Spain, Turkey, and Greece are my favorite since I’ve been there alone, with family & friends.

Moreover, traveling to visit a friend these trips are few in my timeline but I still do it especially the USA since I have friends more there.

There are a few cities I haven’t decided yet which one I should pick for my summer vacation. Also, I like to go with no plan I know it risky but sometimes it turns into a fun experience.
    don't sign any...

4. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

I like traveling to another country, and spending a week or so exploring a new city, taking photos and just taking it in. Not tours or anything, I'd rather set my own pace and research what I want to see, then kind of meander between sights. Could go alone or with friends, I am fine with either.

6. Likes Sltnal, Tycke liked this post
    Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

When I was younger I would travel around the U.S. with my mother and brother visiting family. The trips were never very long though. A few days there and then we had to head home. Never been out of the country really besides Canada, but I don't really feel like that counts. I would love to travel to another country for a nice vacation, but I simply can't afford it. If I did, it would definitely be for fun. I would rather spend the days exploring instead of relaxing.

8. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Junior Member OrangeLM is on a distinguished road OrangeLM's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2019 06:45 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Immoral View Post
    When I was younger I would travel around the U.S. with my mother and brother visiting family. The trips were never very long though. A few days there and then we had to head home. Never been out of the country really besides Canada, but I don't really feel like that counts. I would love to travel to another country for a nice vacation, but I simply can't afford it. If I did, it would definitely be for fun. I would rather spend the days exploring instead of relaxing.
    My family used to travel somewhere every summer, we visited Europe countries mostly and China, we had just some boring sightseeing tours, visiting museums etc. Nowadays I prefer such activities like mountain hiking and camping. It's way more interesting to me. I'm planning a trip to Yellowstone national park and if you're planning this trip too then I would recommend checking this list before packing your bag.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information