AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 197 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 4916

Thread: RPG: Nightmarchers

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

@Esiphas and @mrpineapple

There is an awkward pause after Guy speaks as everyone seems to be thinking.

It is actually Petani who is the first to "speak" into Holly's mind. "Dey said there were girls in the fancy dinning room, and they were taking food there. Maybe that's where he is, with...new... Anyway maybe we can somehow get there from belowdecks. I don't know the ship so well... it was supposed to be a fun cruise..."

After that the old guy speaks up, after staring at the creatures bodies. "Well. Maybe we can run and hide. If any smart dead find us, we'll just say some scary things came by doing all sorts of flashy things that killed the dead. And that we just got scared and hid. We don't have anything that would do THAT to anybody, so hopefully they wouldn't think we rebelled or something. "

The little carribean guy goes over to the "leader" creature and picks something off the body. "Here. It's a walkie talkie. It works off the wireless LAN down here. We've got some, so this would let you talk to us as you hunt around the ship or whatever. "

Lord of the Night Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Lighter Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 04:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ha1fW1ingedAngel

Holly smiled gratefully. "Thank you. All of you." You too, Petani. Taking the Walkie talkie, she looked over at the chest person. "Any of you know the quickest way to the Dining room? It's he best shot we have, Judging by wha we know of the big ugly brute. And time is of the essence, really."

Im on Team Evil! Are you?

Join Team evil Today! We're Always Hiring!

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: Most of that I could follow, but "chest person"?

IC:

Some people start trying to describe the way to get there, but it gets quite confusing.

The Carribean guy eventually says "The quickest way to to just get above decks like a passenger."

There is a little forced sounding laughter, but then the old guy seems to think of something and he starts rustling around in the cabinets under all the screens.

Eventually he pulls out a three ring binder that he flips open. It's obviously meant to be for maintenence or engineering or something, as it's mostly pipes and such that are highlighted. But it still shows the hallways and layout of the ships. He takes out a red pen, circles where you are and talk you through how to get underneath the dinning room. It's quite a winding path and involves a couple jumps to get from one section of walkway to another, and at one point he says you have to crawl through the workings of a pump.

He says "That's about the fastest way I can think of. There are maybe easier ways, but they're longer and you might have to walk closer to other people. Way down there in the guts of the ship there usually aren't any people unless something is busted. Of course ghosts seem to go anywhere."

Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Radish Clannad Botan Yellow Orb
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2013 12:53 AM
    Threads

"Id prefer crawling through a pipe than meeting up with more of those guys. So we leave here heading in this direction..." Guy retraced the path on the map.

"oh.. uh.. i assume it's just you guys that have walkie talkies? i don't want to be talking to some dead and revealing ourselves... Im sorry, Im not good with these things" Guy asked softly

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Esiphas @mrpineapple

They look at each other a bit and then the Carribean guy take the handset back. "These are actually voice over ip phones that act like walkies. I'm setting yours to just talk to me. You'd see another name if someone else was on our line. You can click any of the other names though. Most of us are set on "control room" "

He holds out the handset to Guy with the name Agwe showing on the screen

Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"hmm okay". Guy made a mental note to not change the settings at all.

"test" he called into the phone.

Lord of the Night Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Holly giggled a little watching Guy with the Walkie Talkie. "Boys and their toys. Right, Come on guys, we've got ourselves a Fish to Fry. Thank you all for everything. We'll meet up with you soon, and get you all out f here." Moving over to eir poin l entry, she gave a quick salute to the engineers, smiling genuinely, before going in.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As Guy says "test" he immediately hears his own voice from the handset on Agwe's hip. Agwe says "You might want to turn the volume on yours all the way down if you're being sneaky and don't want to hear from me at some point. Since dees things are in walkie mode you just hear voices without having to answer like a phone."

As Holly heads out, most of the crew members at least try and give her a smile in return, mostly they seem scared. Richard actually looks rather grim as he helps up Niu, who is pretty wobbly on her legs. And they silently follow after Holly.

OOC: I guess your call who picks up the book with the red lines showing your path and leads.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Guy grabbed the sheet of directions before he followed the others. "Geez.. where do they think theyre going?"

Surprisingly, theyre heading off in the correct direction anyway, but Guy keeps a close eye on the hilighted route

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: Maybe Esiphas needs something to respond to.

IC:

Your group moves off down the hallways. Eventually you have to slow a little bit, as it seems Richard is getting tired having to help Niu along. However it isn't too long before her balances gets to the point where she's able to stand on her own.

Eventually she says "Hey, hold on. I think I ought to scout ahead. I might be able to spot dead things without causing to much of a ruckus. Since they're only driven to attack the living."

Richard replies "Except that we already know that there are these "smart" ones around. And they seem to be able to control some of the others and get them to go around hunting other dead. So, actually, we might do better having the lively looking Guy out in front."

Niu replies. "Well, maybe. But those guys seemed more worried about ghosts. And we have't seen any of those held under control. Plus, we might be able to hear regular dead moving around if we're quite".

Richard doesn't seem convinced. "If they're just standing around you wouldn't hear anything. Not even their breathing since they don't do that. We just get to see them pop your head open with some weapon. I don't know if ghosts are so quickly dangerous. "

OOC: So to be clear you're belowdecks where passengers aren't allowed to go. The "hallways" wind around machines and pipes. Sometimes the hallway is only clear because they've put tape down on the ground. Though you can never see to far before there is a bulkhead or just enough pipes and machinery to block the view. It's noisey where you are right now as you're near the engines, but presumably it will get quiter as you move toward the front of the ship where the dinning room is and the map shows more storage and food prep areas and machinery. The path has you reaching the food prep room you might remember, but you come in through a double sided walk in freezer. (I.e. you'd be in a cargo area, enter the large freezer area, and then use a door on the other side to enter the food prep area, which has fancy double doors that go to the dinning room itself.

Your call the manner in which you want to have your group try and reach that area.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Holly stood, staring at the map. "I'm... Honestly not sure about the best way to aproach this. I mean, I know t was my idea and all... but... Urgh." She lenaed against the wall gently. Quietly to herself she muttered "I was hoping I could get us through this. Come on Holly... get it together."

---------------------------------------

Kara finished attaching the Makeshift trailer t the jeep. "Right! I think thats it done. Now, who's going to ride in the thing? Theres alot of people here. Who has weapons and who doesn't? Why didn't we take some more stuff from the cave? Urgh." Kara raised her voice to a shout. "Anyone want to help me out here before I have a panic attack?!" before sheepishly rubbing her head. "Uhh... Sorry."

ooc- Sorry this took so damn long.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Esiphas @suzumi and @Red&Stiletto

OOC: Glad you're back online Esiphas! Anyway while Red&Stiletto and Suzumi are quite welcome to post at any time. It looks like we're doing the thing where one of you is responsible for a given section. Esiphas wants to do their bit post by post instead of writing up one post of their own. What this means is that, while you two are free to post, Esiphas and I won't be waiting for you to do so and will alternate until we reach the point where hopefully Red&Stiletto can put in their section, after which it will be Suzumi's turn. I guess we'll see how this actually goes.

IC:

There is a flurry of activity around Kara as she finishes attaching things to the jeep. It seems that people have been talking about the roving groups of different types of undead that have been moving around the island from their various experiences, so there is a sense of urgency building among people eager to get away from here before a hoard comes upon this area.

Kara is surprised to find that the people who come up to her to discuss what they've got aren't the usual suspects from their earlier actions.

Kapella has usually been quite vocal, but he's now entangled in discussion with Leilani while his body language makes it obvious he'd rather be talking to Fee. And Jessica and Mana are caught up in helping out some older ladies, maybe their mothers by their look, who are trying, ungracefully, to get into the trailor as the very oldest or injured are put into most of the actual seats in the Jeeps.

The ghosts seem to be involved with their friends.

So that leaves a bunch of guys talking to Kara. By their cheap shorts and T-shirts Kara guesses that they're from this little fishing villiage for the most part. They have relativley few "good" weapons. Mostly just improvised weapons like hammers or kitchen knives. It turns out that the best stuff was given to the groups in the Jeeps.

As a result Kara quickly finds herself in a sort of management position as she sort of knows what's going on, and is the one with all the weapons collected from the cave and so can choose who has what, and also who would drive or who would man weapons on the jeep or on foot.

OOC: FYI on cave contents:
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...=1#post2725529

Other people have taken some of that. But there are still two spotting scopes, two AK-47s (plus the two on the jeep "turrets"), and three shotguns. Though Kara and Luna might have grabbed some of those themselves. There are a good dozen stun guns and combat knives though.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 02-25-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Kara gulps a bit. "A... Alright. How many of you have Anytraining with firearms? We need two people to operate turrets, and anyone else on the ground who can fire a rifle, take a rifle. The stronger people could take shotguns, and the turreteers can have a Scope fo their rifle if they want." Luna pickup the third scope and clambers onto the front jeep, before shouting back "I'll be on lookout!" Kara turns to the group again and nods. "Grab a Torch... Flashlight, if you want one. And everyone who can take a knife, take a knife, their much better than the kitchen tools your using."

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

One of the men speaks up. "Hi, I'm Liko. I haven't used guns like these. But I had a handgun and so at least I get the idea." He says as he leans into the jeep to take one of the AKs. Then he continues " The other shooter was Suzie, maybe she can have a gun too." He pauses a moment then yells "Hey Suzie, get on top of the other Jeep there. You're light and can shoot."

Suzie seems a bit reluctant, but some of her friends and family are prodding her to go and so she climbs up before very long. As that is going on Liko keeps speaking to Kara, pointing at some of the other guys around.

"Oh, and these are Johnny, Oke, and Ken they were in on the church rescue. Tough enough guys, maybe we can give 'em the shotguns. "

[OOC: Presuming Kara has the other AK that accounts for the firearms. Though Liko also has a revolver tucked in his pants.]

As the Guys eagerly equip themselves Liko says "Alright, lets get going I'll drive." but he is interupted by an older man who yells. "I can drive perfectly fine and I know the way to the airport. I'll drive. You can walk."

Liko pauses a moment as if he hadn't though of that and pretty soon the whole group is finally rolling out towards the airport. With all the eldarly in the Jeeps or the trailer, the old drivers are actually setting a pretty brutal pace of everyone else who is having to go on foot.

OOC: I'll pause here to give you a chance to interact, respond or make somebody change something. If you aren't sure how to react feel free to have a post where just Kara and Luna are talking, or Kara is just thinking to herself or admiring the island or something and I'll know to advance things in my next post.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ooc- Kara doesn't have the other firearm, she wouldn't know how to use it, nor is she confident enough. I'll assume she gives it to another guy, or to someone in the trailer to defend it if need be.

Ic- Kara and Luna walked side by side, Both with a wrench in their hand. Their other hands- Luna being left handed whilst Kara being right- were interlocked, and held tight together. Luna whispered to Kara "Te Amo, Sctis?" Kara just squeezed her hand tighter in response, before smiling, and responding with "Et Tu, Luna."

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: Too bad the characters joined the game so late. I'd put stuff in for characters like them in case any joined. Particularly the bit with repairing the sabatoged fibre optic communication line to the island. Ah well.

IC:

The group moves off under the tough pace some people start to lag a little. But the drivers seem to be paying some attention to their rear view mirrors and slow down a bit. Still, the group is soon moving in relative silence.

That ends suddenly as Suzie yells out and soon there is a deafening roar of everybody with a gun firing at once.

There is one big guy, maybe nine feet tall, which at least means it wasn't a regular person and they were too trigger happy. He hurles a small child sized creature, it lands close to the lead jeep, and it seems to have a wicked gleam in its eye and its smile shows sharp teeth sticking out more than they should.

However it is obliterated rapidly by heavy shotgun fire. Before the guy can hurl a second one his body sort of comes apart under all the weapons fire coming his way. and instead he falls backwards on top of it. A regular looking undead lady soon goes down as well.

The group fires for a few more seconds into the large one, until everyone is out of ammo and scrambling for more. But, while it twitches a bit, the creature doesn't seem to be a thread.

Cautiously some of the guys head up that way, and call everyone else along, but warn to stay away from the big thing, because it won't stop wiggling and might be able to do something.

Just beyond where the dead were there is the peak of the mountain ridge that divides the island. A barbed wire fence along the road at the edge is broken, and down the steep slope is a minivan on its back.

From this high point you can see the airport in the distance, with pineapple fields mostly covering the fairly flat land between where you are and it is. The area where you are right now still has a bunch of trees, and your vision is fairly obscured, but you can see things moving around in the fields. Nothing gives and indication of having seen you.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Kara shudders. "I'm none to fond of the Paths presented to us. It's all dead men on dying lands and Misfortune waiting t happen. We need to hurry to the plane. What's the shortest path possible looking like? In terms of Zombies?" The last couple of sentences were shouted to the scouts, but quiet enough they shouldn't draw too much attention. "Or is their a safer route maybe? One not covered in undead?"

Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

Royo slowly paddled towards the wreckage. Part of the wreckage was just large enough for one. Without hesitation Royo tried to put the young girl onto the wreckage. Hollywood makes this look easy but Royo was having some difficulty getting the young girl on. No support from beneath, waves in constant flux even just small wave, wreckage bobbing. With much perseverance and cursing, she manage to get the girl onto the wreckage. Getting on board was a bit too much effort than one would think. Out of breath. Royo paused for a moment; catch her breath. 'Breath!?' face in shock in remembrance to the fact that the girl is lacking something that is keeping Royo alive. Wreckage bobbed and wobbled as Royo tried to position herself better. One difficult task to another and yet so simple in thought. Half in; half out, she placed one hand over the girl's nose, pressed her lips against hers. Calmly puffed air into girl. No response. "Don't you die on me!" Royo pressed on, huffing and puffing air into the girl. Perhaps not the best quality of air but one can't picky.

OOC: I apologize for the tardiness.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Esiphas

The guys out front and the people on top of the Jeeps survey the area.

The girl on the Jeep (Suzie) replies first "Well, the fastest way would be a straight run across the pineapple fields. That would be bumpy for the Jeeps but I think they'd be able to handle making a huge fruit salad out of the plants in the way. I guess the Jeeps would be faster on the roads, though that's more out of the way."

One of the ladies on foots says "No they wouldn't be any faster, because you're not supposed to leave us behind!"

Suzie looks behind herself and at everybody and says "Right. Sorry. Right. Well, anyway I guess the Pineapple fields is fastest. we might be able to be sneakier if we come from the direction of the woods, but I'm not sure how well the Jeeps will get through that and we'd have to go waaaay out of our way."

Oke started speaking, saying "You know the Jeeps could go faster if they moved a head and staying in eyeshot of the walking group with guns. There are a bunch of dead out there, but we could string the barbed wire between the Jeeps and"

But at that moment he is interupted as the chest of the large undead bursts open spraying blood on everybody in the area. It's hard to see what has happened at first, but suddenly that little dead kid with the wiked sharp teath and claws rockets out of the hole with a shocking speed. A couple shots go off, but they miss the fast target, and Kara suspects they might have even been aiming at the big guy, not getting what was going on for a moment.

The little thing lunges onto a woman, who gets her hands up in an effort to keep it off her, but the impact of the fast moving little thing, still drives her back and she falls over backwards over an older man as the guys with weapons get turned around and start to train their shotguns and assault rifles on the group, fear in their eyes.

OOC: And check below!
    ------------------------------------------

@Ensifer @Esiphas and @Narona

OOC: Well, boy, but we'll go with girl :P Also welcome back Ensifer!

IC:

After a few breaths the little girl suddenly heaves to lifes, and then...heaves. Royo is quite deft, but she's in the water and only partially manages to get out of the way.

Gary lets out a breath he must have been holding while watching. "Ah. That tends to happen. Think of it as the mark of a hero."

Daniel is a little distance away, treading water, he's squinting vaguely in Royo's direction "Royo? Is that you? My vision is still all sorts of messed up and my eyes hurt? Are you OK, what's going on? Is everybody OK?"

Royo is then slightly statled by the boat near her swaying as Miss Hallow and Mark get up on the boat and glom hug Grace. It's actually a hard to make out what they're saying because they're talking too fast and at the same time, but the emotions of excited and happy are obvious.

Kimi however, is not at all amused at the boat shaking, and she lets out a loud "Mrrrooooweer!" as she starts slipping on the wet hull towards the water.

Inside Esiphas Drauger recoils, emotionally, at the sight of the approaching helicopter. Esiphas and feel him using his eyes for a moment, the vision sharpening, almost zooming to see some people, probably rescue divers, dangling off the sides, and the helmeted pilots in front.

<What is this...thing. I do not understand. But it is people. What will they do when the find us? Do we need your woman to hide us? Could we play dead? Do they know of good creatures that can heal up like we can? What would they do to us?

Come up with a plan curse you! >

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Esiphas hums for a few seconds, before answering Draugr. <It's a Helicopter. Think of it as a Large, Noisy metal dragonfly and you won't be too far off, but its controlled b people and made b people. Now, Listen Draugr. If I were to take on Wolf form, Would my legs be healed enough to act like a proper wolf? Sap a year or two off my life or something if you must, but I need the use of all four... Paws. Enough to fool them into thinking I have 4 legs anyway, I don need to be ale to walk walk on them. Humans don't normally regenerate limbs you see.>

--------------------

Kara jumps, Luna shrieks and jumps backwards. Kara takes the wrench off of her belt and runs at the Lady without thinking, and takes a heav swing at the little creature, screaming something incomprehensible or in another language.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Esiphas @Ensifer and @Narona

OOC: Hmmm, that gives me an idea based on his abilities I(he) hadn't thought of...but that actually might put an interesting twist on things.

IC:
    That doesn't seem to especially calm Drauger down <I get that's it's...something to travel. Like a boat in the sky. But. Errgg. No. I can't shift and fix us or I'd have done it by now. You're..missing pieces. I think I can fix it with time but...>

<Wait>

Esiphas can feel Drauger calm a little as he takes control of Esiphas's head, though Esiphas can still see through his dead eyes what Drauger is so intenton. He's staring at the other people around.

<These people...so many of them BRIMMING OVER with mana. We could use it to...ah but wait. There is another way. We're only strange if we're the only ones who are strange, but if regenerating is just something people do after being on the island...>

< The ancient ways are mine to teach. They just need to open their minds to me, to share their mana and connect with us long enough for me to awaken the power they've built up within themselves. >

<These ones! The ones I'm staring at now! >

Drauger then makes Esiphas look first at Royo, who almost seems to have a glow inside her when viewed through Esiphas's dead eyes. Then he looks at the big guy (Grunt), the smaller guy who has been complaining about his eyes (Daniel), then over to Naomi, the girl Esipahs has been trying to save and who is keeping him his devestated body from sinking into the ocean.

< You need o get them to come over to us, to all hold hands in a big circle and meditate. Tell them your dying but you think it might help, and if it doesn't at least it's what you'd wish. Tell them to open themselves to a miracle...or well you're the person who understands all this. Just get us all touching and them open and trying to help, I should be able to take it form there! You can include others if you wish, but those are the ones that matter. >

------------------------

@Esiphas (well, and @Red&Stiletto and @suzumi at least in that I hope you're working on your parts and maybe this would be good to read if you have time.)

As the girls charge the paniced guys fire. The little creature recoils as it is hit, but the people underneath also scream as if some of the buckshot or a bullet had hit them as well, and a person downrange from the girl also yells out.

They stop firing as the living scream, leaving Kara alone charging the little thing. In a moment it lunges at her. It is amazingly fast. Kara manages to get her wrench in the way, but the lunge still manages to knock her backwards onto her butt. Her hand hurts but the wrench took the bulk of the blow, and the creature seems to have sort of crumpled itself from the impact, perhaps from bones broken by being shot.

It lashes out with its claws, but without a fully functional body it only manages to make long but superficial cuts through Kara's and skin over her belly as it fails to gut her as it might have wanted.

At that point Kara manages to start raining vicious blows on the creatures head with her wrench, and soon she's not even sure what parts of it she's hitting as she flails away at it. People running around her to help the wounded.

OOC; Though you could sprinkle Karma on that scene in various ways if you'd like. Otherwise you can just roll with it.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Once the thing was dead, or at least stopped moving, Kara collapsed to the floor, clutching her stomach. The scarcities, whilst non fatal, hurt like hell, and she blinked down tears as she tied to wipe the blood up. Quickly, Luna came over and ripped her t-shirt off, making some bandages for Kara before pulling her coat over her shoulders again and using that like a T-shirt.

--------------------

Esiphas nodded. "guys! Guys, come over here! He said, loudly, trying to make himself heard. "I need help! Please! You guys need to make a circle. Join hands or something, I need something form everyone to survive here!" He barely managed to keep hold of Narona here, panicking slightly as he slid a bit underwater.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Esiphas (ooc: I'll give Ensifer a chance to post before going on with Esiphas. But it's been over a month, I think it's time to move on with Holly).

As the group seems to stall for want of a decision, Richard increasingly complains of the extra risk of just standing around because a dead patrol could find them, or someone could discover the people aren't in the control room so time is limited.

But the group doesn't seem to be reaching a decision on what order to go in, as Richard doesn't want Niu to go first.

Holly catches an odd look on Niu's face for a just a moment. And then Niu suddenly swipes the map from Guy and takes off.

Even Richard doesn't delay in chasing off after her as she takes off along the twists and turns of the pipes and engines below.

At one point it seems she spots one of the dead, she waves, and then turns back and stares at the map taking a slightly different route. The fact that Niu's dead limbs don't get tired gives her quite the advantage in all this, though eventually Everyone slows down a little.

Eventually, you reach an area near the front of the ship and Niu stops. "Alright, I think we open this door and we're into the dinning hall. Well, not the dining hall, I think this leads to the food prep room where he "let me work" for a while after Holly convinced him to. Lets rest a little bit and then see if we can sneak in. Who knows, maybe he'll be asleep again."

However the group hadn't gotten to rest very much before the door actually bursts open, as if someone realized there were people on the other side.

At first the dead creature looks surprised to see everyone, but then suddenly a group of dead burst through the door. Niu was near the door and takes the brunt of the initial assault, getting struck and stabbed and essentially getting flung backwards on the deck.

Now in front, Guy again channels his new ability to create wind and send the first wave of creatures backwards...and over the railing in the cargo area.

Once again by the look in the creatures eye you get the feeling that there is a "leader" in this bunch. A male dressed as a maître d' . He loses another of his minions to the wind and the railing, but then with a wave of his hand the creatures throw their weapons with a slight angle, initially seeming to be heading towards no-one. But they are turned by the wind and as Guy tries to dodge a few slam into him. None doing much damage, but they make him fall backwards hard and he strikes his head on the metal bulkhead nearby.

The five remaining regular seeming dead go for the knives in the belts as Richard and Holly find themselves the last two in their group standing, but with the initative for the moment.

The maître d' ;however, is attempting to flee back into the kitchen area.

OOC: Opp, out of time. I'll post for Kara as soon as I can, though you could post once more for her as everyone tries to provide medical treatment for the wounded. There aren't any more dead attacking.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Esiphas

OOC: I drove a bit more with Holly's group than I usually do to get to a point to let Guy take a little nap. Feel free to PM me if you'd like changes of some sort.

IC:

With only a minor wound and with Luna caring for her already most of the people don't pay too much attention to Kara, except for one of the Guys saying "Good job" before moving on to the wounded people.

Jessica is busy with her medical gear, and Sora seems to be using her ghostly hands to chill the wounds. It seems three people are wounded. An old guy who took a stray AK round in the leg, and the two middle aged women who wound up under the little monster. They were mostly peppered by buckshot just by being "in the pattern" for shots meant for the monster. The one that was lunged at is the worse, both from the damage the creature did to her and for taking balls of lead into her lungs.

Everyone is swarming around, except for a couple guys with guns and Suzie who are keeping eyes on the surrounding area. Luckily it doesn't seem like additional creature are approaching at the moment.

Eventually Liko comes over to Luna and Kara. He looks sad. Maybe guilty.

"Are you OK? I hope you are...she's not. I mean she's not dead and they're trying but...I think we need to get her to a hospital and before too long. Maybe we need to get all three to a hospital..."

He stares at the ground after saying that.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

"We can only hope" Kara said. "I hate to say it, but there might be casualties. We aren't professionals, and these aren't normal people, and everything we know has been turned upside down. It sounds cruel... But I got off lucky in that fight. The others didn't... It's sad, but true." She patted Liko on the shoulder.

--------

Holly saw guy go down and roared, partly in fury, and partly in fear. she ran forward, into the last of the wind wall, and jumped forward, the strong wind propelling her, and she came up whilst drawing a lightning arrow, aiming at the Smart undead as it tried to run. She ignored the other dead, not caring, a horrible snarl on her face as she filled her head with thoughts of anger and her mental barrier broke, all her anger and fear and Thoughts of vengeance upon the evil in the ship spilling out into an angry scream.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information