AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Wallpaper of the Month [August 2012] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Wallpaper of the Month [August 2012] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

.: Wallpaper of the Month :.

Theme: Boys/Men

BRING THE BOYS OUT!!
    Inspired by a popular K-pop song by SNSD (Girls Generation).

So your stock must have a male character that abides by rule #5, no females this time. Looking at most signatures and wallpapers, you guys favor the ladies but now it's time to show the boys some love!

RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
    1. The wallpaper must be your own work (if not you get the boot );
    2. The wallpaper must not be already on AW;
    3. Animation may not be used;
    4. Hentai will not be accepted, however mild ecchi is allowed;
    5. Only anime/manga, games, or a show that already has a category will be accepted;
    6. Allowed sizes are 4:3 (minimum 1280x960), 5:4 (minimum 1280x1024), 5:3 (wide screen, minimum 1280x768), 16:9 (wide screen, minimum 1280x720) and 16:10 (wide screen, minimum 1280x800). There is no top limit, just keep it within the aspect ratios (more info about the ratios here)!!!
    7. All entries must have "Animewallpapers.com" along with your forum name on the bottom of your entry (all of the submissions will be uploaded on the site);
    8. All posts must include the anime/game name the characters on their wallpaper are from. If the characters don't belong anywhere categorize them as "Miscellaneous";
    9. All posts must include the links to the original stocks used;
    10. You are allowed to submit only one wallpaper, however you can submit more different aspect ratios of the same wallpaper;
    11. You can change your wallpaper as many times as you wish until we close the submission thread (this thread) by editing your post;
    12. By entering, you are giving the Anime Globe Productions LLC irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).

OTHER INFO:
    • Submissions are to be submitted into this thread;
    • This thread is for submissions and questions only. Each post without a submission or a question posted will be deleted and depending of the moderator's decision, the user may receive an infraction. Comments will be allowed in the results thread;
    • The submissions will be compared to the AW.com regulations before the voting starts;
    • The submission thread closes August 31;
    • For stocks check the Resources sticky or the Uploads subforum (don't forget to give appropriate credit on the wallpaper for extractions used).

THE PRIZES:
    1st place: $25 Amazon/iTunes gift certificate (the winner will decide which of the two options they want);
    2nd place:* a sack girl and sack boy plush from Little Big Planet~
    Click image for larger version

Name:	d2af_little_big_planet_plush_grid_embed.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	65780
    3rd place: See who left reputation (from the AF shop).

* Requires the winner to provide a valid address where the prize will be submitted to. If the prize is declined, it'll go to the third place winner, and so on.

Staff choice: a tag and the badge

Good luck to everyone! Sorry July was missed. But without further adue! Here's August... ON TIME! :3
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 08-13-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to change what day the submission thread closes

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

2. Likes Meenah liked this post
    Junior Member Scimslayer is on a distinguished road Scimslayer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2012 02:52 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [August 2012] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

I saw the theme and thought to myself, "Hey, looks like fun."
    This render is the work of IchigoGraph on deviantart. Here is a link to the render: http://ichigograph.deviantart.com/ar...-Day-208086501

Name:	Ichigo Currysake wallpaper.png
Views:	140
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	65899

The character is Ichigo Currysake from the anime series Bleach.
    Last edited by Scimslayer; 08-05-2012 at 07:50 PM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [August 2012] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Quote Originally Posted by Scimslayer View Post
    I saw the theme and thought to myself, "Hey, looks like fun."
    This render is the work of IchigoGraph on deviantart.
    The character is Ichigo Currysake from the anime series Bleach.
    As of right now I cannot accept your entry.
    • Two of the same extractions placed on a background
    • Empty wallpaper
    • The text needs a LOT of work
    • Colors of the wallpaper don't work with each other. You have a red colored extraction and grey background.

Please reference this and feel free to re-submit:
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...for-Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    I shall submit my first ever attempt at a wallpaper!
    ummmm It has Lawrence from Spice and wolf wearing a very serious expression.
    The lettering (in case you have a hard time reading) says "You Crossed The Line!"

This is my first time entering into a contest. Please let me know if i did something wrong.
    As of right now I cannot accept your entry.
    • Poor scan/stock quality
    • The grafity is poorly extracted with jagged and white spaces left from poor extraction

Feel free to fix and resubmit.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

@blueangel06661 just letting you know i changed my entry
    Resolution: 1280x800 widescreen
    Reaper a.k.a. James Hawkins from Unreal Tournament

Stocks:
    Reaper
    UT3 Logo
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 08-17-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

6. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I call this, "The Gohan retrospective"

RESOLUTION: 1280X1024 WIDESCREEN

All the appropriate text is bottom left.

EDIT: All the stocks can be found on my deviantart, links in the signature.
    Last edited by .Tatty.; 08-17-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Take out all reasons for pathetic people to DQ entries

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Junior Member 65dripszx is on a distinguished road 65dripszx's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 11:03 AM
    Threads

Post Augby = august + bakugan + yugioh

Name:	augby WS.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	66565Click image for larger version

Name:	augby.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	66564
    Can I use this one?? Pretty please...
    I put alot more effort into this one...
    actually reminds me somewhat of seiken densetsu artwork (against the white back ground, i guess)...

Characters are Tsukuyomi and yami yugi from yugioh along with faser titan, dreadeon, zenthon titan, phantom dharak, cordem, mechtavius destroyer, and dragonoid colossus from bakugan. Stocks are from www.yugioh.wikia.com and www.bakugan.wikia.com . the white space is where your desktop icons go (in case you were wondering)... 1280x1024 and 1280x960 versions are both there...

Bring the boys out...lol...don't you get it? the bakugan get "brought out" from their balls, and yugi brings things out from his cards... it's joke... but, anyway... its true...
    Last edited by 65dripszx; 08-18-2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: new submission

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 65dripszx View Post
    Bring out the boys... not familiar with the song, but here is my wallpaper. The characters are from yugioh, and the images are from yugioh.wikia.com. I know there is no forum on there, but i do not have one... wallpaper is in two sizes, 1280x1024, and 1280x960... although it looks best in widescreen, that is only because the resolution is large, as I made the original in 1024x768 (which is only here because it is clearer... if you care about that sort of thing...)

here are the links to the original stocks I used:
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yami_Yugi
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tsukuyomi

So, yea... BRING OUT THE BOYS, AND GET YOUR GAME ON !!!
    Sorry but I cannot approve your paper due to very low quality stocks. And basically being two images and some text. Feel free to update and resubmit before deadline

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 65dripszx View Post

It's not. It still is a poor quality wallpaper with two images pasted onto a background with some added text and random stars and moons.
    I'd like you to read up on this guide to constructing wallpapers. http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...for-Wallpapers

I would also recommend starting small with signatures before moving on to wallpapers. ^^

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Junior Member ErebosUltima is on a distinguished road ErebosUltima's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2012 10:03 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

This is actually my first wallpaper i've made since i stoped editing 4 years ago.
    I've unlearned many things (thought my previous works werent good neither ^^") and gimp also is complete different compered to the times i used to do stuff.
    But maybe i'll get into it as long as i have fun doing it.

I tried getting the focus on natsu. But if Lucy is in the way i'll go and make one without any trace of girl.

Name:	Fairy_TailXNatsu.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	66761

Render from Mickuchiha http://bakarenders.com/renders/displ...e.php?pid=4927
    Victorian Grunge by freaky665.deviantart.com
    Other textures are free to use and the creator said that there is no attribution necessary.
    Last edited by ErebosUltima; 08-20-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Junior Member Datteibayo is on a distinguished road Datteibayo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2012 06:02 PM
    Threads

Name:	Competition Naruto.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	66902
    Hello! I think I followed all of the guidelines. Does this drawing work? ^^
    Thanks~

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Datteibayo View Post
    Attachment 66902
    Hello! I think I followed all of the guidelines. Does this drawing work? ^^
    Thanks~
    I've sent you a PM about your entry, as well as a suggestion I hope you correct before the contest is over.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 08-27-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Taken care of mostly

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I don't really want any prize or anything, so if I win, pass it on
    Render from Planetrenders
    Character/Series: Naruto

Lemme know if you need me to change anything ~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	naruwall.jpg‎
Views:	185
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	67017  

15. Likes Jozette liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information