AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallpaper of the Month [May 2012] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Member bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Cookie Gir
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [May 2012] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Ano Hana Characters:
    Anjou Naruko
    Hisakawa Tetsudo
    Honma Meiko
    Matsuyuki Atsumu
    Tsurumi Chiriko
    Yadomi Jinta

Entry:Click image for larger version

Name:	Menma.png
Views:	96
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	62541

Stocks:
    Main picture: http://www.zerochan.net/638800
    Took a while to clean the photo's text =.="
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bokeh (Pollywaffle)7.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	62538Click image for larger version

Name:	c10.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	62539
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Menma Wallpaper.jpg‎
Views:	42
Size:	836.7 KB
ID:	62540  

2. Likes Tsumiru liked this post
    Senior Member beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Watermelon
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2018 11:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Since I don't know where they are from: "Miscellaneous"
    Dimension: 1280x800 px

Render used:
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...nimeGirl25.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	background.jpg‎
Views:	65
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	62609  
    Last edited by beeduq; 05-26-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by すずめ View Post
    The last one was very simple.
    I found a new tutorial and i used it to make the wallpaper.
    Its Misaki and Usui from maid sama.
    Hope u like this.
    Your wallpaper is too empty. You need to work more on the foreground. The character you used feels like it's behind the background. The character is also poorly extracted with jagged edges. Don't forget to fix the URL. Make it smaller, position it at the bottom and add one more W to the link. I really cannot accept it the way it is now.

Don't forget to attach links to the stocks used.

Quote Originally Posted by Scimslayer View Post
    Attachment 61835

The character is Minakami Yuki from Kagome.

The original render is RinNatsume's work as can be seen at http://www.photobucket.com/albums/t343/RinNatsume

The original stock can be found at http://dirtyharryonlocation.wordpres...ftop/dscn6994/

-------

Animewallpapers.com - Scimslayer
    Where the Hell did you find that resolution … it's not standard at all …
    Other than that the text on it is basic and doesn't match the rest of the wallpaper at all. Also attach your name and the site's name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Angel View Post
    entry: Attachment 61867

stock from zerochan.net : Attachment 61868

when is the due date? >.<
    This one has a weird resolution too. Other than that it's fine (fix it still).

Quote Originally Posted by .Tatty. View Post
    I'm invoking the memory of the recently discontinued Bleach anime! I have many a fond memory of moaning about filler and idolising this character for his pure awesome!

http://i47.tinypic.com/104gm1f.jpg

SIZE: 1280x1024 (Widescreen)

CHARCTER: Sousuke Aizen
    ANIME: Bleach

Resources:
    Vector: (by me) http://tatty-bojangles.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4uj4a0
    You are missing the username and link of the site on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    This wallpaper is about my small time with my boyfriend a few years back. He was about to go back home the next day and well, he was giving me his kisses. They were small ones but I wanted so much more. Just a few more before he leaves... just only a few more.
    Anime/manga? I'm not really sure but if you can tell me I'd appreciate it. So this would probably be placed in with the Miscellaneous animes/mangas. o_o; I really hope I got it all right, it's my first time~
    Your wallpaper is empty. I really like the image and the text though. Play a bit with colors or just add different shades of the one you used. It should make it a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
    Attachment 62602
    This wallpaper reminds me of that time I was chained to a giant stained glass clock, watching (with my good eye) the Boojums on Parade. Well ... I don't really REMEMBER it exactly, but it's in my diary, so ...

Resources used include screencaps featuring:

Chihiro from ef: a tale of memories Episode 5
    minions of Charlotte from mahou shoujo madoka magica Episode 3

Please may I have the hat? I need it to complete my outfit for this year's "Don't be a Monkey" protest at Otacon and I can't find it anywhere! Thanx!
    Your background is … grainy and looks like an enlarged hot-dog with mayonnaise inside. Also those … rats, kinda don't feel part of the wallpaper at all. o_o;; Add the links to stocks used too, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by beeduq View Post
    Since I don't know where they are from: "Miscellaneous"
    Dimension: 1280x800 px

Render used:
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...nimeGirl25.png
    The chars look like they are floating. Make them part of the background a bit more.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    Your wallpaper is empty. I really like the image and the text though. Play a bit with colors or just add different shades of the one you used. It should make it a lot better.
    Being my first time entering wotm, I don't mean to sound ignorant in any kind of way, but does my own wallpaper really need to be fixed in order for me to stay put in the contest?

Heavenly Illusion Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2012 03:59 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

meh, if my resolution is that weird, just get rid of it x.x it took too long for that feedback, and the computer i have that psd on is now broken beyond repair lolz @FlashD ^^" btw, i used the resolution that was on my laptop

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    drobertbaker is on a distinguished road drobertbaker's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2012 01:59 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    Your background is … grainy and looks like an enlarged hot-dog with mayonnaise inside. Also those … rats, kinda don't feel part of the wallpaper at all. o_o;; Add the links to stocks used too, please.
    As stated in my post, the "stock" is taken from screen captures directly from the BD versions of the animes already quoted and thus could not possibly be of higher quality, as they are definitive of the animation products.

The ... graininess, the "hot-dog" (It's actually a strawberry shortcake; the "mayonnaise" is yummy cream filling), and the "rats" (使い魔, tsukaima, familiars) are all intentional on the part of the director to convey the unreal dreamlike other-worldly impossibility of that particular environment. Similarly, the luminescence of the other component of the wallpaper is meant by the director to convey the nightmarish perception of that girl's predicament as seen from within her own mind.

Both components were chosen for both their individual and unique senses of unreality and importantly, their contrast in style to each other. The slogan is an ironic use of one of the girl's own statements in the show applied to what would clearly be an unforgettable situation completely unimaginable to her that is meant to serve as food for thought about the validity of her point of view.

I'm surprised you didn't criticise the style of the other component as blurry and the intentional clash of styles as inconsistent. Although, as blueangel pointed out, your rules specifically state that no comments are allowed in this thread, I guess the rules don't apply to everyone.

If all you want is blurred pastels of misty-eyed young couples embracing in the rain with mushy romantic slogans, your rules should so state. I guess no hat for me!

P.S. I really liked the one with the old photograph!
    Last edited by drobertbaker; 05-27-2012 at 02:53 AM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post

I'm surprised you didn't criticise the style of the other component as blurry and the intentional clash of styles as inconsistent. Although, as blueangel pointed out, your rules specifically state that no comments are allowed in this thread, I guess the rules don't apply to everyone.
    Well he'd doing it because, looking at your wallpaper the quality of your wallpaper does not fit to our QUALITY guidelines and will not be uploaded to AW.com at this rate. I don't know if you read his post but he did call out everyone else's errors as well to be sure they are following the quality control. Plus your extraction isn't properly extracted as well. Around her head looks blury as if it was just erased via circular brush with a 0 hardness level which is unpleasing and unattractive. Your colors unprofessionally clash and there is no sense of depth

"As stated in my post, the "stock" is taken from screen captures directly from the BD versions of the animes already quoted and thus could not possibly be of higher quality, as they are definitive of the animation products. "

If it's not a HQ stock, don't use it. It won't work. How can you except a quality wallpaper when the stock isn't of quality?! No one will use something that isn't of good quality. Hard sad truth. Any further questions PM Flash. As to not spam up anymore I will say no more on this matter in this thread.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

9. Thanks Vintniv thanked for this post
    Likes Vintniv liked this post
    Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

@FlashD my boy, about mine, bottom left corner you snuggly bear you. My name and the site is clear as day if you clicked the link and saw it in all its splender.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Senior Member Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Red Orb Red Dango Heart
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A set by blueangel06661

Senior Member beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq has a reputation beyond repute beeduq's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Watermelon
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2018 11:53 PM
    Threads

Danm it! I just lost the original .xcf (GIMP) files.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Angel View Post
    meh, if my resolution is that weird, just get rid of it x.x it took too long for that feedback, and the computer i have that psd on is now broken beyond repair lolz @FlashD ^^" btw, i used the resolution that was on my laptop
    I'll see if I can save it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by .Tatty. View Post
    @FlashD my boy, about mine, bottom left corner you snuggly bear you. My name and the site is clear as day if you clicked the link and saw it in all its splender.
    Right, somehow I was able to miss it. My mistake. v_v

The extraction is still bad and the text in the top right corner is really messing with the balance of the wallpaper.

NOTE: For everyone who are planning to or wish to fix their wallpapers you can do it until Monday. I WILL NOT accept any new submissions, however.

Closed Thread

Thread Information