AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Does Facebook make you hate humanity too?

Member Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2012 12:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Does Facebook make you hate humanity too?

I really don't think Facebook changed my point of view on the human race as a whole but instead changed how I thought about certain individuals. When you have over 500 friends you tend to forget who is really looking at your status updates. For a brief moment, you think you're safe to say something negative about a person you might not like. You think it'd be ok just to vent a tiny bit, insult this person once or twice and then... he or she comments on your status update and fights break out. You use these silly little updates against each other in the future and suddenly start seeing only the bad. Thats how it was like for me, anyways.

I honestly don't know what about Facebook makes nearly everyone post ridiculous things about each other but it's definitely ruined a handful of friendships for me. I'm assuming it has for others as well. Somebody out there somewhere probably hurt that "slitty little prep" they forgot was on their friends list. You know, I really don't understand adding people you know you don't talk to and probably won't ever talk to on Facebook. I bet if you went and cleaned your friends list right now, you'd have nearly nothing compared to the number of friends you had just a moment ago.

Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 11:25 AM
    Threads

It's reminded me of why I detest my family so much, as well as a few unrelated people (classmates and the like, added merely for assignment convenience) XD

I still keep them on my page... But I definitely can't forget that I dislike them anymore.

I've hated people for a long time though My overall view of humanity hasn't changed... It has merely been reaffirmed.

Set made by the wonderful Seung-li.

"Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It's not hard. Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking."

Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Monkey Tuxedo Mask Rose Present
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2014 05:10 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aerophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    I have one friend that won't stop posting how great Ron Paul supposedly is and also tends to post a great deal of articles that are supposed to show off how she's so much more informed about everything then the rest of us.

Her posts really annoy me. She comes off as nothing more than an snobby know-it-all, and I find her worshiping of Ron Paul to be very annoying. If she actually knew what she was talking about she wouldn't be worshiping him. She's so biased; always quick to attack Obama, but never to attack Santorum, Romney, or Gingrich. As if they aren't a part of the problem.

Anyway, enough of that. Most other posts don't annoy me. Some friends used to constantly post religious stuff. Like they'd post scripture and talk about how great God is. Being the atheist I am, I find that a little annoying naturally (but I respect their right to post it and would never say anything about it to them), but some of them were posting that kind of stuff every time they updated. For some reason that stopped and they don't post about it as much as they used to. Although one girl recently posted an image saying "I'm a Christian, and I'm not afraid to admit it".

That made me facepalm. As if in the 'great' state of Oklahoma which is controlled by fundamentalist Christians you have any reason to be 'afraid' to be a Christian. The very fact that they think they have any understanding of what it is like to actually be 'afraid' to be something is flat out ridiculous. There are places where Christians are persecuted, but Oklahoma isn't even remotely one of them.
    LOL, you might hate me a tiny bit then if you were to have me added. I tend to post a ron paul video or article here and there hahaha. But its all about spreading the word really. He's gained A LOT of support just from info. obtained from the internet like facebook or blog sites created to spread info about him etc etc (mostly because the news refuses to talk about him in the slightest 99% of the time). But yeh... I haven't posted something in a while i suppose. OH YEA, and Gingrich isn't even worthy of attacking in my opinion since hes just so god awful of a choice. I would leave the country if he got elected... Oh and if Ron paul wins the republican nomination all we have to do is worry about obama. Hence all the attacks your friend has made on obama :P
    ALSO, I HATE SEEING RELIGION CRAP GHHFSHGAGB POSTS AS WELL. Try having your sister being super religious and liking pages and such that automatically posts a daily bible verse and random quotes all the time where people gather and discuss such things. Side note: she recently got a tattoo of a cross on her leg.. just a big black cross that looks like you could have done it with a black sharpie. ANYWAYS, yea its kinda annoying to see all of that crap but what are you gonna do about it.

Yea, so all i have to say about this topic really is that its life and you should get used to it. You see things you are not going to agree with all the time and you should just deal with it. If you live in america you should be expecting this. Soooooooo yea......just get used to it, im sure you have opinions or beliefs that other people may find super annoying.
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

“When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerophobia View Post
    I tend to post a ron paul video or article here and there hahaha.
    Attachment 59487

xD

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

5. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Likes aerophobia liked this post
    Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Oh and if Ron paul wins the republican nomination all we have to do is worry about obama. Hence all the attacks your friend has made on obama :P
    But that's clearly not happening.

~Made by me~

Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Monkey Tuxedo Mask Rose Present
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2014 05:10 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aerophobia

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    I am ron paul follower, i know all, i am better then you and more informed than you.
    Last edited by aerophobia; 03-18-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

“When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am ron paul follower, i know all, i am better then you and more informed than you.
    http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.c...ways-right.jpg
    Hahah! ;D

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ladybug Hare Ramen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 02:29 PM
    Threads

Yea I stopped visiting my facebook a looooooong time ago. It's always the same crap going on anyway..

I can't say I felt any growing hate towards humanity because it though. But sure it makes you realize how stupid your friends are.
    Last edited by In0kz; 03-18-2012 at 05:45 PM.

__________________________________________________ __________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig/avvy by
    Bankai Kurosaki

~The Skylark Rose~ animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Notebook
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 09:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I hate it when people post something new like every hour. Its like do u have a life? There is more things to do then stalk face book.

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Facebook doesn't make me hate humanity at all.
    I still have the same view as I had of humanity before I joined fb.

If someone's posts start to annoy me on fb, then either I'll block the type of posts that are annoying me or delete them as a friend.

I recently deleted a bunch people on my phone, facebook, and email account, and I'm glad that I did.
    I used to have the time to randomly add and talk to new people on social sites, but I just don't have the time to anymore it seems.
    Lately, I only have time to talk and keep in contact with people that want to talk to me that find important.
    After I deleted a bunch of people, it's made ot easier to search for friends to contact and talk to within the people that I decided not to delete.
    Also, I organized people into certain groups so that it's even easier to find them.

Psst! add me if you want to! ;D: http://www.facebook.com/alannah.colleen

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Senior Member Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Glass Dice Systems Xbox 360 Controller
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2012 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cubangangster

Humanity has been on the very edge of utter stupidity for a long time. Facebook is just the embodiment of all that. I'm really glad my fellow AF'ers aren't like that.
    Last edited by Samuru; 03-22-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Facebook doesn't make me hate humanity, people do. Hate is too strong a word, let's just say dislike. I dislike people updating their statuses every 5 minutes or so, I dislike people crying for attention (i.e. attention seekers, and mind you, they're everywhere in FB), I dislike people checking in to places every 5 minutes or so, I dislike people uploading useless photos.

But that doesn't mean I hate humanity because of FB. Some people in FB really are annoying, but I can tolerate most others. I just unfriend and block or unsubscribe to people that are annoying.
    Last edited by CrimsonMoon; 03-22-2012 at 10:33 AM.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

i can't stand Facebook wither. the only thing i ever do on it is post pictures. i don't even go back to check if anyone has commented on them. i take a pic with my Galaxy S phone, click "share with Facebook," and thats it. people rage about and over Facebook more than politics. its bloody ridiculous.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Closed Thread

Thread Information