AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Signature of the Week #19 Theme

Beware of Ranting ^_~ Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2008 02:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Signature of the Week #19 Theme

Signature of the Week #19 Theme

Theme: Collaborations

This week, it is your job to find another member, and together, work together to create a truly outstanding signature. The groups will only be consisted of 2 people, no more, no less. When the entry is sent, you must also send the name of the person you worked with, otherwise, your entry will be instantly deleted. Serated and myself will both be available for this SOTW, so feel free to bug Serated, not me….

ENTRY INFORMATION

1) The signature must not be larger than "500x160" and no smaller than “350x90”. Any signature over the limit in either direction will be disqualified.
    2) Animation may be used provided its size does not exceed 1MB
    3) Check with Surion if you are unsure about "appropriate content" for this contest (E.G. no ‘H’ based images or anything too ecchi)
    4) All entries MUST be in by 19:00 GMT (non-adjusted) Thursday, September 11th, 2008
    5) All entries MUST be have “Animegalleries.net” on your entry signature. Entries that do not have this will NOT be part of the competition unless edited.
    6) By entering, you are giving ‘Animegalleries.net’ irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).

RULES

1) You are only allowed to enter a signature that has been created by YOU and has not been used in any other competition or posted anywhere else on the internet. The signature should be made specifically for use only in that week's competition. Participants are entitled to submit ONE signature per competition. Any entry that has been ripped/stolen will be immediately disqualified.

2) Any reference to subjects like missed deadlines, entering, not entering, are NOT tolerated. It provides a clear indication of who may (not) be involved in the competition, while potentially 'giving away' entries. Disclosure of signature author, be it yours or another participants, will result in BOTH signatures being disqualified from the competition.

3) All comments regarding the SOTW competition should be made in the Theme Topic. Should you have any concerns or queries after the topic closure please contact Surion.

All entries and participants must abide by the aforementioned rules otherwise risk having their entry disqualified (incl. late or do not follow criteria of the theme).

All entries must be PMed to Surion by September 11th, all entries sent after will not be entered. Please label your message ‘SOTW #19 Entry.’

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2017 10:29 PM
    Threads

Seems like a sweet idea for Sotw!

Just to be hypothetical..Could you work with someone, and then have a separate person come and work with you?

Beware of Ranting ^_~ Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion has a reputation beyond repute Surion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The groups will only be consisted of 2 people, no more, no less.

If that is difficult for you to understand, may I suggest retaking Mathematics?

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

I think that Mid meant
    If member A works with member B and member A enters that
    Can member B work with member C to enter member B's entry.

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Surion View Post
    If that is difficult for you to understand, may I suggest retaking Mathematics?
    Let's take a look at this

A works with B...This will equate to 1 entry. As you can see, this group consists of 2 people, no more no less.

So no problems.

Now

B works with C. Once again, another entry for 2 people,

But B has no worked on two entries.
    Is this allowed?

The clause "the groups will only be consisted of 2 people" could technically allow entrant A to work with Entrants B,C,D,E...ect. just so long as he/she works exclusively with his partner entrants.
    Last edited by Middy; 09-04-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why cant you just one with one other person? Do you have no friends to work with but plenty of suck ups? Why is it objective to make things difficult?

Also, its not fair to other people if you have two chances to win this SOTW, or any for that matter. Rider, you have 4 badges showing off your victories, and now you want to double your chances? Why? You are obviously one of the best and most revered GFX here, so why do you want to make it harder for others to win?

And just for the record, the competition itself is intend to be ANONYMOUS, if you see two entries, then that is essentially cheating. Because if you make one look bad, and you ship it away to me, and you want the next one to look even better than that one, then you are betraying your partner in the first entry.

I will say this, when I get your first entry, and it fits all requirements, it will be accepted. But f I receive another and it has your name on it, I am going to delete that entry and the first one. End of story.

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Surion View Post
    Why cant you just one with one other person? Do you have no friends to work with but plenty of suck ups? Why is it objective to make things difficult?

Also, its not fair to other people if you have two chances to win this SOTW, or any for that matter. Rider, you have 4 badges showing off your victories, and now you want to double your chances? Why? You are obviously one of the best and most revered GFX here, so why do you want to make it harder for others to win?

And just for the record, the competition itself is intend to be ANONYMOUS, if you see two entries, then that is essentially cheating. Because if you make one look bad, and you ship it away to me, and you want the next one to look even better than that one, then you are betraying your partner in the first entry.

I will say this, when I get your first entry, and it fits all requirements, it will be accepted. But f I receive another and it has your name on it, I am going to delete that entry and the first one. End of story.
    Why can't you accept a question as "just a question"
    Do you hate me?

It was a perfectly valid question meant to clear up any doubts caused by your vague instructions. So why are you essentially attacking me?

Just to be hypothetical..Could you work with someone, and then have a separate person come and work with you?
    I was being hypothetical. I asked so others would know the answer - I myself don't really care to be honst. I haven't entered SOTW in quite a few weeks - I don't give a crap about more badges, more chances at more badges, or anything like that. I don't have many friends on AF in the firstplace, and didn't expect anyone to even ask me to do a collab.

I purpose a couple of options that may help you in the future

1. Make better instructions
    or
    2. When someone has a problem with your instructions, instead of attacking them, simply clear the matter up.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Daaaaaaammmnnnn! Wow...uh...*coughs* There be some drama up in here.

I have a question! Exactly how much participation on the part of each member classifies as a collab work? My photoshop skills are almost nonexistent, but say if I were to do...I dunno, give ideas to my partner? Like advice and so forth and it ends up being used as the bg? Does that make it a collab work, or does that merely disqualify it from the contest for not being anonymous and/or having a collab group greater than 2? What if I were merely provided an extraction by another member and made a sig myself out of it. Does that make it a collab?

Please don't hurt me! .___.

Edit: And I know this is a good idea for a theme, but it causes a potential anonymity issue. What if person A is asked by two people to do the collab, namely person B and person C. By your rules, A has to refuse one person, say C. Doesn't that then tell C that A is already entering the contest? I mean, even if A lied and said they didn't want to enter, it might still be pretty obvious to C.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 09-05-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Go bother Serated about this...... I do not understand why this is becoming so difficult. Please go bother Serated about this, he makes the themes...

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

@MR

Yeah, mostly of what Surion said is fairly true, pick one person, and work with them. AND, I made the theme, I also wrote the rules, if you have a problem, you come to them to ME, do not ridicule Surion. Secondly, YOU were the one who proposed the idea for this theme in the first place.

@ Capernicus

Good question, and yeah, you have to at least throw some stuff together in the signature. You cant just hand a person a stock and some renders and wish them the best of luck. Its just seems a little, mean, to have another person do the work for you. So yeah, at least try making a few layers.

@ Surion

Play nicely now. Some of these guys are very touchy. And I would rather not put you in timeout.
    Last edited by Vintniv; 09-05-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    @MR

Yeah, mostly of what Surion said is fairly true, pick one person, and work with them. AND, I made the theme, I also wrote the rules, if you have a problem, you come to them to ME, do not ridicule Surion. Secondly, YOU were the one who proposed the idea for this theme in the first place.

If you pay close attention, you can see that this exchange was initiated by a (my) simple question in regards to the rules. I didn’t say there was anything wrong with said rules; I didn’t ridicule anyone; I just asked “what if this” in the hopes of clearing things up. When someone responds to my question by throwing it in my face and inquiring about my reasoning abilities, they had better damn sure have a good reason for doing. I admit to hundreds upon hundreds of reasoning and mathematical errors, but in this case, I’m a bit upset to see such a snobby response that clearly doesn’t even answer my original question. And when I take the time to explain the question even further, once again hoping to educate other entrants as to what exactly is acceptable, I am flamed for being a ... . So yes I am touchy I guess.

And does it matter if I proposed this idea? As you can see in my first post – I do think it’s an awesome idea. I’m not against the idea, or against the rules, I just want to make things an iota clearer. My question was so simple it could have been answered with a yes or no – but instead it became nothing but flame fodder.

Welcome to the Interwebz

Anyway – I appreciate my question being answered.

Ps. Why is the SOTW Topic Thread open if we aren’t suppose to make comments or ask our questions?? It’s not like my question was anything serious. I see no reason why I shouldn’t have posted it here for Surion, yourself, and other members to read. If you'd rather me forward all my insignificant questions to you, please let me know and I will do so.
    Last edited by FlashD; 09-08-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Language

Junior Member blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite has a reputation beyond repute blacknite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2008 11:38 PM
    Threads

nice, so who wanna work with me?, im pretty good

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by blacknite View Post
    nice, so who wanna work with me?, im pretty good
    You should have PMed some people instead of posting that here.
    Ask some people, and give it a try and don't be afraid to ask people.
    Just...
    not here.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Hmm ... calm down, there is really no need to argue over a rule. Serated's rules are actually pretty clear. You can't work with whoever you want. The person you pick at the beginning is your partner until the end, no switching is allowed. Hope this answers your question. Now go find yourself somebody to work with.

Closed Thread

Thread Information