PDA

View Full Version : Where do you usually sit in the bus?

Aku no Hikari
12-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Some people just take random seats in the bus, but usually people prefer certain seats to other ones. Some people sit near the door, even when it's the most crowded area. Some people sit away from other people. Some people like to sit near the window. Some people prefer to sit in the back.

Where do you usually sit in the bus?

Skylar1
12-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Left side, window seat, 7th row.

^______^

Shinn Kamiyra
12-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Any of the top three rows in the bus, on either the left or right side, with a window seat. Me no have, me no ride. ><

Franklyn
12-13-2010, 10:59 AM
In the back or mid section...Usually where there are less people. Why? Well here is a scenario of everything I'm trying to avoid happeneing:

Scene 1:

Me: ''Lalalalalala.....:laugh:''
Peaker: ''Watcha doing?...:ninja:''
Me: ''Drawing...''
Peeker: ''Ooo can I watch!?''
Me: ''Meep...:help2:''
Scene 2:

Me: ''Dum dee de dum...''
Stranger: ''Can I sit next to you?:)''
Me: :sweatdrop

Scene 3:

Me: ''Zzzz...''
Stranger: ''Hi!:happy:''
Me: ''Nnn....Wha?:glare:''
Stranger: ''Are you a foreigner?:huh:''
Me: ''Yes.....I have green eyes....I'm tall compared to everyone my age here and I'm white and my first language is english and not spanish....Of course I am...:oy:''
Stranger: ''Yeaay let's talk about countries!:laugh:''
Me: '':censored:''

Last scene:

Me: ''Peanut butta jelly time:bounce:''
Stranger: ''Do you speak english?:ninja:''
Me: ''Um...Yes...:mellow:''
Stranger: ''Could you translate this for me?''
Me: :angry1:
Conclusion:

I like my privacy.......

wolfgirl90
12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
B-Bus? What is this "bus" of which you speak?

Aku no Hikari
12-13-2010, 11:04 AM

Obviously not school bus. I'm talking about public transportation.

Oh wait, I forgot your favorite transportation is wolves. ;)

Skylar1
12-13-2010, 11:14 AM
The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.

Inactive Account 0061
12-13-2010, 11:23 AM
In one of the corners to the back.

.Sev
12-13-2010, 11:23 AM
On the top of it.

-GAZKUL-
12-13-2010, 11:31 AM
left window seat near the back

Aku no Hikari
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
On the top of it.

Sitting on the top of the bus is only for queens and sissies. I lie down under the bus and cling to it all way long like a REAL MAN™.

Matty
12-13-2010, 12:04 PM
I haven't had to take the bus in a couple years.... Thank god! But when I did I would sit on the top floor in the front with the HUGE windows. Deffinately needed a window seat.

Acnologia
12-13-2010, 12:04 PM
In the middle, in one of the rows, I take one seat and bookbag takes another :p

Mac
12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I sit in two places.

1) At the very front ... because of my eyesight. And if the bus is small.

2) five rows back on the right (on normal-sized buses). It's been a habit since college of sitting in that particular seat.

I hate sitting at the back because all the jerks/chavs sit back there.

Aku no Hikari
12-13-2010, 02:32 PM
*sigh*

I usually sit in the back seat, in either corners near the window. I do sit somewhere else every now and then for a change. And I usually like sitting near the windows.

My least favorite seats are the ones closest to the front door. And I don't like seats in which you sit facing either sides of the bus (as opposed to facing the front).

Eris
12-13-2010, 03:16 PM
See attached diagram (ha-ha @ color-blind people)

http://www.animeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35693

Elphaba
12-13-2010, 03:17 PM
The only time I ever took the bus when I was in the high school band. My group of friends usually depended where we sat...but most of the time we sat in the way back to get away from all the annoying people.
I haven't taken the bus sense. :]

Capitán
12-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Sit? No partner I stand up with my arms crossed cuz I'm bad like that.

Uncanny X-Man
12-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Back of the bus, by window: right side of bus, next to stranger away from window: left side of bus.

blueangel06661
12-13-2010, 04:36 PM
I still ride the cheesewagon. Never been on a public bus as my town doesn't have them..

But I sit about in the middle. Not too far back so that I have to hit my bookbag on every seat by... But not too close to the front that I have to deal with the bus door letting cold air in.

under the rain
12-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Closer to the middle by the window. Definitely by the window if it's raining.

Kyubi-no-kitsune
12-13-2010, 05:28 PM
i dont take the bus i have a thing called a car

3pleT
12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
In the back. Same reason why I prefer to sit in the corner of the room: gives me a sense of security and power, since I can see everything that's going on and nobody can sneak up on me.

Eris
12-13-2010, 06:01 PM
In the back. Same reason why I prefer to sit in the corner of the room: gives me a sense of security and power, since I can see everything that's going on and nobody can sneak up on me.

On the other hand, you have no way of getting out if someone does approach you.

TheyCallMeFei
12-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Any seat's a good seat.

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-13-2010, 06:35 PM
B-b-b--bus?

I drive, jeez.

Aulos
12-13-2010, 07:15 PM
I've had few occasions where I've had to ride a bus.

9th through 12th grade: I had to ride the school bus. I always set towards the front, well except for when it wasn't available, which was actually quite often. But when I had the choice that was where I sat.

Band trips: Didn't matter to me where I set. Just as long as I was next to a friend. Either way I remember always sitting on the right side and had a window seat.

When we weren't going to competitions and didn't use the charter buses we didn't have set seats. Then it was pretty random.

Public transportation: Completely random. Didn't really care.

TomoyoSakagami
12-13-2010, 08:31 PM
I sit at the back usually, but I just got for any seat that's free otherwise.

animeyay
12-13-2010, 10:12 PM
1. Always look for any available empty seat, as in I won't be in physical contact with another rider.
2. If there is more than one empty seat, then the priority is middle section > front section > rear section.
3. If I must sit right next to someone else, a person of the same sex takes priority over the opposite.
4. Then, middle-aged > young > old.
5. Then, not fat > fat.
6. I'll be standing if the only seat available is next to a hobo-looking person or an obese person (in which case I'll probably be squished if I sit next to him/her.)

Wow, I didn't realize until today how fast my brain can make all these judgments, lol. One glance is usually all it takes for me to pick out my ideal seat XD

Tigris
12-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Eh depends. I look for some interesting people or hope that some come to me. Otherwise, just sit, listen to my Zune, and wait..

Mac
12-14-2010, 01:34 AM
*sigh*

I usually sit in the back seat, in either corners near the window. I do sit somewhere else every now and then for a change. And I usually like sitting near the windows.

My least favorite seats are the ones closest to the front door. And I don't like seats in which you sit facing either sides of the bus (as opposed to facing the front).
That's odd. Because on the small buses here, the seats at the front face sideways. :/

(and as I said ... on small buses I sit at the front ._.)

Hideki Motosuwa.
12-14-2010, 08:25 PM
I haven't had to take the bus in a couple years.... Thank god!
Lucky.

I usually don't care where I sit, as long as no one else is sitting there (unless it's crowded, therefore, I have no choice). But a seat next to the window is always nice :)

wolfgirl90
12-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Obviously not school bus. I'm talking about public transportation.

Oh wait. You mean those big, long metal dragons that appear in the street? I hunted one of those before. It tasted pretty good (delicious fleshy center), except there were all of these children screaming.

Like they had never seen a feral woman attack a metal dragon before (kids these days; they are way too sheltered).:rolleyes:

tenzo_groupie
12-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Somewhere in the middle

Artcell
12-15-2010, 01:55 AM
The back!^_____________________________^
Bouncy!Ain't good for my spine though.lol.

SigmaSD
12-15-2010, 03:40 AM
The first time I went on a bus I thought I'd be cool sitting on the back. So there I was walking to the back of the bus with my pride high and everything. Then people started to get in and I got a little freaked out. And plus I had to walk all the way to the front to get off. Such a drag.

So I usually sit in the front or near the front of the bus. And not on those handicapped spots cause they're uncomfortable and they make you face towards the people sitting across from you on the other handicap seats. You don't know where to look when you're on those.

But anyway, I've noticed that the handicap seats are usually taken by women and their children, fat people, or people that like to talk to the bus driver for some apparent reason.

I try my best to avoid going on the bus cause you get to meet all sorts of weird people.

So far on the bus I've seen:
-Women who was beaten
-Hookers
-Guy with suspicious bags
-Morbidly obese woman wearing short shorts (*shudder*)
-Man who lets dog lick his tongue
-Man with bicycle (why'd he need to take the bus?)
-Unattractive woman with extremely open blouse
-Touchy feely couple with no sense of shame
-Guy with chickens and goats (this wasn't a bus on the US but still pretty weird)

Meenah
12-15-2010, 05:26 AM
The first time I went on a bus I thought I'd be cool sitting on the back. So there I was walking to the back of the bus with my pride high and everything. Then people started to get in and I got a little freaked out. And plus I had to walk all the way to the front to get off. Such a drag.

So I usually sit in the front or near the front of the bus. And not on those handicapped spots cause they're uncomfortable and they make you face towards the people sitting across from you on the other handicap seats. You don't know where to look when you're on those.

But anyway, I've noticed that the handicap seats are usually taken by women and their children, fat people, or people that like to talk to the bus driver for some apparent reason.

I try my best to avoid going on the bus cause you get to meet all sorts of weird people.

So far on the bus I've seen:
-Women who was beaten
-Hookers
-Guy with suspicious bags
-Morbidly obese woman wearing short shorts (*shudder*)
-Man who lets dog lick his tongue
-Man with bicycle (why'd he need to take the bus?)
-Unattractive woman with extremely open blouse
-Touchy feely couple with no sense of shame
-Guy with chickens and goats (this wasn't a bus on the US but still pretty weird)
That irritates the crap outta me.

Where I sit in the bus, usually in the middle just a little close to the front.

SigmaSD
12-15-2010, 05:30 AM
That irritates the crap outta me.

Where I sit in the bus, usually in the middle just a little close to the front.

Yeah I always find it strange. Then they get off the bus and continue riding. @_@;;

Oh and I forgot to mention that I sit near the front because that way I can get the hell outta there as fast as possible.

And I've also noticed that you could be paying the fair on the bus and somehow the driver thinks its a good idea to start driving, and then your money falls everywhere. -__-

OminousCloud
12-15-2010, 05:39 AM
I drive the bus.

Meenah
12-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Its real bad if you're in a bus with smelly people. :I

SigmaSD
12-15-2010, 06:04 AM
Its real bad if you're in a bus with smelly people. :I
Smelly people and people who make the bus smelly.

Rei
12-15-2010, 07:14 AM
I like to sit in the middle, near to the door, but never next to the window. In my country, people don't ask "Can I sit here?"; they just squeeze in lol.

If not, right at the back.

Nanobyte
12-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Waaaaay in the back, where we go nuts and shout through the entire bus, laughing and screaming like a bunch of retards, AKA the green part in Eris's image.

3pleT
12-20-2010, 06:06 PM
On the other hand, you have no way of getting out if someone does approach you.
But if I see a potential threat enter the room, I can easily move away from the corner. And there are breakable windows in the bus.