PDA

View Full Version : The truth about the iPad

Sussan Victoria Nuñez
12-02-2010, 06:42 PM
The commercials, reviews and sales people all rave about the iPad but I want honest peoples opinions. I want to know the annoying little things you don't like about it and the things you love about it

OokamiYokai
12-03-2010, 04:16 PM
The commercials, reviews and sales people all rave about the iPad but I want honest peoples opinions. I want to know the annoying little things you don't like about it and the things you love about it

who wanna waste money on such a thing? what is it that a Ipad can do or any other tablets for that matter, that a cell phone cant? IMO its a complete waste of money. it might be nice to watch movies on. but thats about it. id rather buy a laptop for that.

Eris
12-03-2010, 05:09 PM
It's quite obviously hyped. For a balanced review, please wait some 6 months.

.Tatty.
12-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Why buy an iPad when you can buy a Mac, that's all it really is, a touch screen mac in a tablet casing.

Token Black Guy
12-03-2010, 09:26 PM
It's an overrated tablet pc in my opinion. I'd rather buy a good laptop, a guitar or a PS3 with some games.

Furore
12-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Pros:
- Millions of apps, a few exclusive gems here and there even if much is filler crap
- Ease of use (even the stupidest of people shouldn't have much trouble figuring it out)
- Quick Start up
- Extremely portable
- As every device shares the same specs, all iPad apps seem to run brilliantly

Cons:
- Limited to apps Apple allows in the iTunes store (unless you jailbreak)
- Limited connectivity
- Specs aren't exactly crash hot
- If you bring it to hot places it may not even turn on (might be part pro as well, as at least it won't fry like some things)
- For the same price you could get a notebook/small laptop capable of playing some top quality PC games. I mean who wants to play Angry Birds when you can get your Fallout on?

Nanobyte
12-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Pros:
- Extremely portable No, the iPad lost its use now you can't carry it in your pocket anymore, imo.
- As every device shares the same specs, all Most iPad apps seem to run brilliantly

Also, for the price of an iPad you can buy so many things that are much better...
Who'd wanna buy a tablet, by APPLE? If you want a tablet so bad, just wait a few months. The REAL killer-tablet is on it's way... to crush the iPad.
And if you like those apps and "portability", then buy an iPod/iPhone, much cheaper, more portable, and more efficient imo.

Furore
12-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Also, for the price of an iPad you can buy so many things that are much better...
I addressed that in cons. You can buy a respectable netbook/small laptop for the same price if you look around. (We're talking runs current games, even if not at max settings)

Who'd wanna buy a tablet, by APPLE? If you want a tablet so bad, just wait a few months. The REAL killer-tablet is on it's way... to crush the iPad.
They keep saying the same thing about the iPhone and always fail to deliver. Really if you have your heart set on a tablet, the iPad is good in two ways that really matter. The app support and that all apps are designed specifically for it's hardware (Android and Windows 7 devices often have issues here). It fails in most other ways, but for the market it's in it does hit the right marks.

And if you like those apps and "portability", then buy an iPod/iPhone, much cheaper, more portable, and more efficient imo.
Some people want the screen real estate of a bigger device with more portability. How many devices that can do the tasks of the iPad with a similar sized display are the same smaller size?

Not everyone is as super strong and patient enough to use a laptop as I am... :laugh:

Nanobyte
12-04-2010, 02:40 AM
Well, I use a laptop, and it's fine. I don't feel an urge to buy an iPad or something. I'd rather wait till a cheaper/better tablet will arrive, as for the iPhone, that's just succesfull because of the iTunes and apps, but hey, if you put that into a tab it loses it's originality, who knows Sony might come up with a whole different kind of apps, which could be way more fun? All we can do is wait and observe.

Sussan Victoria Nuñez
12-04-2010, 07:27 PM
I have an iPhone and i'm currently on a laptop so i guess you guys have a point its not necessary...lol i'm just too Gen Y for my own good :P

Gero50
12-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Honestly one of its biggest flaws is the outer material. The reason it was having Wi-Fi issues at least in the begaining, it was of the placement of the antenna and the fact that the iPad is made of medal rather a hard plasic like the IPhone/iPods.

demonix
12-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Honestly one of its biggest flaws is the outer material. The reason it was having Wi-Fi issues at least in the begaining, it was of the placement of the antenna and the fact that the iPad is made of medal rather a hard plasic like the IPhone/iPods.
Sorry but the 4th gen iPod touch also has a metal back so your reason for the Wi-Fi issues on the iPad doesn't really hold that much water in my book.

Gero50
12-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry but the 4th gen iPod touch also has a metal back so your reason for the Wi-Fi issues on the iPad doesn't really hold that much water in my book.
I was never saying this was the case with every modal or in anyway a 100% fact with all of them I was just saying this was one of the suspected issues in the beginning.

Furore
12-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm not too fond of metal on these portable devices myself.
On a hot day (Australia gets tons), all it serves to do is help the iPad overheat which renders it temporarily unusable. :/

Gero50
12-05-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm not too fond of metal on these portable devices myself.
On a hot day (Australia gets tons), all it serves to do is help the iPad overheat which renders it temporarily unusable. :/
That is true, I forgot to mention that.

Full Metal SHORTY!!!
12-05-2010, 11:37 PM
It's way too big for normal use. I don't have one, but I would much prefer a laptop to it anyway.
And the iPod Touch does basically the same things, but it's just smaller.