PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on DC universe online?

Spectre
11-22-2010, 10:34 PM
So...I personally like it but want a few other opinions on it for lulz of sorts

Skylar1
11-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Moved to MMO's

niKopol
02-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Yeah, its basically like any other MMORPG, except there is no lock on block stopping other players from attacking your bad guy. It just doesn't feel like $60 + the $15 subscription is worth it. After an hour the attacking/combo system gets old, luckily theres no grinding in killing badies, the only real experience your character gets is from missions/quests. I got bored at level 10, hell WoW kept me interested until level 18. Don't let the "physics" part of it trick you either. It just means you can pick up and throw crap/enemies.

I'd rather play a free Korean made MMORPG.

Furore
02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah, its basically like any other MMORPG, except there is no lock on block stopping other players from attacking your bad guy.

PvP? Because you CAN toggle it on the PvE servers. It's only PvP where they can always kill you (well, sans safehouses and some missions not set in the exterior of Gotham and Metropolis).

Personally this is the first MMO I've gotten into in ages (even found WoW boring). It feels almost like a typical RPG merged with inFamous and the amount of powers/abilities is awesome, especially how some moves target specific movement types (e.g. grounding flying characters, ensnaring speedsters, rapidly striking acrobatic characters). The PvP is amazing because of it, and every human player looks unique thanks to the heavy customisability coupled with the ability to lock the appearance of an item while getting the attributes from a higher level item.

niKopol
02-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Not talking about PVP/PVE. I meant the little minions of DC villains. I like the fact I could play it without getting swarmed with requests to duel. But on the PVP servers its another story, they can swoop down at anytime and beat the crap out of you and fly off.

Overall, it felt no different than City Of Heroes/Villains. Except its all DC'd out but still a been there done that type of deal. The customizing is nice. But eh. Not going to buy a dime a dozen MMORPG just because I can have a completely customized look.

Cantelope
02-21-2011, 09:18 PM
I predict its death within 2 years; if not, at least a change to a F2P micro-transactions plan.

-Batman-
05-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Got it for the Batman statue and the free month.
The free month wasn't all that bad.
I basically ran around being The Guyver (Actually naming myself The Guyver, wearing armor that was labled "Guyver" in the beta but changed to "Horrible alien bug eyed monster ifnsign" in the live game)

First month was fine. Towards the end got bored of it.
Loved the quest chain to become a member of the JLA.
Everything after was...Well...That's the problem. There wasn't anything after that.