PDA

View Full Version : Forever same the clothes!

sataned
11-13-2010, 01:07 PM
CLOTHING? Yeh! just wondering if any of you have ever seen an anime series or read a manga series where the main characters dont where the same clothing through out the whole series forever.!. And im not talking about something like 2 or 3 outfit changes but always the same 2 or 3 outfits i mean every episode different clothes or at least a weeks worth of clothing the character recycles through and mixes and matches... And i dont mean costumes a character might wear either i mean actual clothes...

Light Buster
11-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Angel Beats!

All of the characters have the same school uniforms.

*Tsuki*
11-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Like Kagome and how, at the beginning of the series she had tons of different outfits, and then it just changed to her one school uniform?

thcuteness
11-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Dozens, I cant think of any names right now, but nothing drives me more insane except a character always wearing the same outfit.

Alias-Revolution
11-13-2010, 02:00 PM
But always wearing the same thing makes sense... See, all the popular animes involve a high-school kid getting suked into another world, having amazing power come out of them, etc... Well, in Japan most (if not all) high-schools require school uniforms... so them wearing it all the time makes sense.

blueangel06661
11-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Well it's a pain to design multiple outfits.. and what you wear the same clothes too???? Do you have a different outfit for every day of the year??

sataned
11-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Ok for school animes set in japan i canunderstand the uniform... And for way back in time period animes i can understand that too and for being teleported to odd parallel universes those are all understandable genre specific reasons as to why a character wouldnt change their clothing or wouldnt be seen in other clothes but what about all the other genres where the main characters arent stuck in a parallel universe or stuck in school 24\7 wouldnt the character change their clothing from day to day? Or have at least 5 outfits the character mixes and matches? And is it really that difficult to draw different clothing on characters i think not....and what about an anime or manga that skip months at a time with no clothing changes huh

PS: no i dont have different clothes for everyday of the year but i mix and match what i got

Lily Rock
11-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Gotta have to agree.
Holy crap man, give them new clothes.
I change clothes every day, and uses deodorant, yet I smell and they DON'T?

sataned
11-13-2010, 04:11 PM
I just read my last post and i think the topic was lost lol...
Anyways just to clarify my original point plus some i was just wondering if theres any anime or manga out there where the main character doesnt have a main set of clothes or suit that he or she wears every single episode... Cuz if not then I SHALL BE THE FIRST!!!! Someday maybe probably not since im lazy

blueangel06661
11-13-2010, 04:25 PM
I just read my last post and i think the topic was lost lol...
Anyways just to clarify my original point plus some i was just wondering if theres any anime or manga out there where the main character doesnt have a main set of clothes or suit that he or she wears every single episode... Cuz if not then I SHALL BE THE FIRST!!!! Someday maybe probably not since im lazy

I would say Amu in Shugo Chara has quite a vast wardrobe throughout the series outside of her school uniform. So you wouldn't be the first.

FluffyDango
11-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah.
lol

Kyubi-no-kitsune
11-13-2010, 07:14 PM
the cheerleader girl from heroman is always wearing that cheerleading uniform, get some other clothes girl

Alias-Revolution
11-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Sataned... Genre specific? come on dude, every mainstream anime is that way!

Movie Dave
11-13-2010, 07:23 PM
death note(light yagami) and Black butler(ciel phantomhive) are all of the ones i can think of o.o or the liar game maybe....oh yeah saikano!

sataned
11-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Ol skool gamer v2.0 yes genre specific and also the anime or manga doesnt have to be mainstream... It could be web comic some person made huh just asking for recommendations of anime or manga where the characters change their clothes more than a couple of times through out the anime or manga series

Ashminigun
11-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Angel Beats!

All of the characters have the same school uniforms.

At least they are dead and in some sort of Buddha limbo.

the cheerleader girl from heroman is always wearing that cheerleading uniform, get some other clothes girl

Sadly, I've to agree.

Gotta have to agree.
Holy crap man, give them new clothes.
I change clothes every day, and uses deodorant, yet I smell and they DON'T?

At least they don't integrate smell-o-vision tech in animation (for now) still they coming out with perfumes based on favourite anime characters (http://www.sunmoonshop.net/). What a way to sell your anime merchandises, pseudo-odourant. O_o;

I think the reason why most the producers stick with one set of clothing for their characters due to budget restriction. If they design and animate the character(s) with different set of clothing in different episodes especially if they tend to produce long running series, that would cost them more than they could allocate for that. This tactic (if you refer that as tactics) applies on genre like military and high school which has uniformity in the theme. Only thing that differentiate them is character gender and personality.

Unless the producer are going for a fashion theme anime like Paradise Kiss, this cost saving method is justified.

Videogamer555
11-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Shinji in Evangelion wears the same outfit, and no it's not a school uniform, its regular clothes (only switching to battle suit when he has to pilot a mecha)