PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Device] How to program a pc gamepad?

Token Black Guy
10-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Ok so i recently bought a pc gamepad to replace my old one. This new one is a Logitech F310 Gamepad (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/controllers/devices/7360), and when i bought it came with a software disc that will allow me to program this gamepad to work with pc games that do not use a gamepad. This is good for me since i'm used to using a gamepad instead of a keyboard and mouse, but unfortunately i don't know how to program this properly. Hopefully if anybody has any experience with this can give me a hand.

GameGeeks
10-31-2010, 02:12 AM
I recommend ditching the software the company gives you and getting xpadder. It's free to download. Simple to use and works with a wide variety of gamepads. It accepts images for the different controllers but it's just for looks, all you need is to set it up which is easy to figure out. Do note, that many games do read gamepads from the get go so setting up a profile for them isn't needed.

Token Black Guy
10-31-2010, 07:23 AM
I recommend ditching the software the company gives you and getting xpadder. It's free to download. Simple to use and works with a wide variety of gamepads. It accepts images for the different controllers but it's just for looks, all you need is to set it up which is easy to figure out. Do note, that many games do read gamepads from the get go so setting up a profile for them isn't needed.
I downloaded Xpadder, but i get a message that says "Unsupported Windows Version Detected"(I have Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium) and it won't install. I'll try to find another version of it that works. The controller itself is working fine for most of my games(The Matrix Path of Neo, Need For Speed Underground 2/Most Wanted black edition/Carbon collectors Edition, Metal Gear Solid 1 & VR Missions, X-Men Legends 2, Street Racing Syndicate, Halo, Tomb Raider Legend), But i want to program it to work with the other games i have(Oni, The Punisher, Max Payne 2, Bad Boys 2: Miami Takedown, True Crimes: Streets Of LA). I now can kinda see how to program the buttons, but the camera/movement controls for the analog sticks is what's giving me problems. I can't figure it out. Also for one of my games(Enter The Matrix), the character moves forward when i'm not even using the analog stick to move. Anything i can do to fix that?

Hanamaru Kunikida
11-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I never had the problem you are currently having but...since my gamepad works, and I used Keyboard + Mouse.

Maybe set it up by using Control Panel? I had to do that when I was testing my PS3 controller on my computer.

GameGeeks
11-02-2010, 01:26 AM
I downloaded Xpadder, but i get a message that says "Unsupported Windows Version Detected"(I have Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium) and it won't install. I'll try to find another version of it that works. The controller itself is working fine for most of my games(The Matrix Path of Neo, Need For Speed Underground 2/Most Wanted black edition/Carbon collectors Edition, Metal Gear Solid 1 & VR Missions, X-Men Legends 2, Street Racing Syndicate, Halo, Tomb Raider Legend), But i want to program it to work with the other games i have(Oni, The Punisher, Max Payne 2, Bad Boys 2: Miami Takedown, True Crimes: Streets Of LA). I now can kinda see how to program the buttons, but the camera/movement controls for the analog sticks is what's giving me problems. I can't figure it out. Also for one of my games(Enter The Matrix), the character moves forward when i'm not even using the analog stick to move. Anything i can do to fix that?Sorry, never saw this. Might be an outdated version of the program. If that's the case you'll need to find the most recent. I can't check for you since I'm still on XP. But I do know the latest version does support 7, both 32 bit and 64 bit.