PDA

View Full Version : OVER 9000! Highscores; can they make a comeback?

Skylar1
10-08-2010, 12:08 PM
The Highscore used to be the cornerstone of early video games.

But nowadays, they seem more like an unneeded add on. Even in fighting games it seems like an arbitrary addition. Puzzle games are still doing pretty good, but even those have started lagging in the numbers place.

What's your opinion. Does the treasured highscore hallmark of video games still have a place? Or is it just one of those things that will eventually fade into the past like some many other things?

999999999 maxed out, or just game over? No love for the high scores anymore? What do you think?

TomoyoSakagami
10-08-2010, 12:11 PM
In today's current generation of games? Nah, it does not have a place but, it'll always have a place with me. I loved high scores, specially when I went to the arcades.

Hanamaru Kunikida
10-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Lol, they don't mean nothing anymore since people cheat or spam, I am talking about fighting games here...Like Burst Limit, all those people using LSSJ Broly.

About Puzzle games, ah well...that's a different story. But I don't really care about them anymore.

TheThunderBringer
10-09-2010, 11:23 AM
I guess there are achievements and stuff like that buuut...not really any NUMBERS lol.