PDA

View Full Version : [[N64]Prince's Super Mario 64 Review

Anime Forum
10-05-2010, 05:24 PM
After a week hiatus from reviews, I bring you my Super Mario 64 review! After reviewing Legacy of Goku and Superman64, I knew I had to stop reviewing bad games, and begin reviewing good ones!

My Past Reviews

Pokemon Yellow Version [GBC]
Animal Crossing [GC]
Legacy of Goku [GBA]
Superman64 [N64]

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq308/techjar/mario64.jpg

Mario is back, and this time he'll need to save the princess in a 3D adventure for the Nintendo 64! Arriving to the princess' castle via warp pipe, Mario quickly notices how different this peaceful castle has become, and is being watched worldwide as he begins his adventure to save the princess and stop the evil koopa king Bowser! Upon entering the castle, the player soon realizes he'll need to collect the unique Power Stars in order to unlock new levels and get closer to the goal! With 120 Stars and 15 crazy worlds, can Mario possibly save the princess and collect over one hundred power stars? Well player, that's all up to you!

Courses:

1) Bob-omb Battlefield
2) Whomp's Fortress
3) Jolly Roger Bay
4) Cool, Cool Mountain
5) Big Boo's Haunt
6) Hazy Maze Cave
7) Lethal Lava Land
8) Shifting Sand Land
9) Dire, Dire Docks
10) Snowman's Land
11) Wet-Dry Land
12) Tall, Tall Mountain
13) Tiny-Huge Island
14) Tick Tock Clock
15) Rainbow Ride

My Opinion: 9/10

I love the courses in this game! All of them are very original and very well thought out. Although some of them appear easy, Mario will have a hard time collecting the power stars and saving the princess!

Graphics: 9/10 - VERY impressive graphics for the N64 and this was the game that started it all for developers everywhere! This was a game that has been considered ahead of its time in the graphics category, and it really delivered. Especially the small details added in, such as when Mario drowns bubbles would spring up making the game seem rather realistic!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/kaleron61/supermario64.jpg
(Super Mario 64 DS)

The 2nd version, and often called worst of the two games is listed above. Made in 2004, it is a game created for the Nintendo DS and has semi poor controls, but does offer new players and even thirty more stars! For Super Mario 64 fans it is a must play!

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq230/BleachFreak86/002-1.jpg
(Bowser in the dark world, cleared)

Sadly, this game is too easy! The bosses aren't too much to speak of and 75% of the power stars are really easy to get. I'd say the only tough part in the game is "watch out for rolling rocks" which if you haven't played before can be a real challenge!

My Opinion: 8/10

MY FINAL OPINION: 9.5/10 - A masterpiece to say the least. This game was created to give a new whirl in gaming reality, and it delivered, and it still delivers even in 2010. The game has been considered one of the best Mario games of all time, and also one branch of gaming itself!

My Next Review: Banjo-Tooie [N64]

Edit: Sorry for the minor mistakes, its the best I could get with this computer.

Skylar1
10-05-2010, 11:52 PM
It was an awesome game. Not quite sure where people are coming from saying that the remake wasn't good, because it really did expand on the first game in many ways. It gets pretty high marks on my list anyways.

Nice review as well.

Anime Forum
10-06-2010, 06:41 PM
It was an awesome game. Not quite sure where people are coming from saying that the remake wasn't good, because it really did expand on the first game in many ways. It gets pretty high marks on my list anyways.

Nice review as well.

The remake had poor controls. Its hard to control on the DS system. This review wasn't the best though. I had a few other things I wanted to put in it but I couldn't.

TomoyoSakagami
10-07-2010, 05:25 AM
It was a little short but nonetheless a good review, keep it up.

Anime Forum
10-07-2010, 03:43 PM
It was a little short but nonetheless a good review, keep it up.

Yea, too short. I got one category cut out while doing this on my computer.