PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion vs. Fallout 3

Skylar1
10-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Didn't get any suggestions for the next game v game thread. So, I'll make the second one as well. ^^;

So, yeah. Oblivion and Fallout 3, under the microscope you go~

TomoyoSakagami
10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Oblivion all the way. I love the settings, the npcs, the quests, the guilds, the powers, the armor, the weapons I LOVE EVERYTHING.

I was ecstatic when I heard that TES V is going to be made <3

Hanamaru Kunikida
10-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Let's go by PC versions since its console counterparts sucks compare to it.

Additonally to what TS said, I personally like its mods better.

Furore
10-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Fallout 3 for me, though I do consider both among the best current gen console titles as well as being two great PC games.
My choice is mostly based on the setting, the amount of fun I had with VATS and perks (nostalgia of the previous Fallout titles contributed further to this) and a preferred main story arc.

Ultimate Seed
10-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Oblivion all the way for me. Old school swords, shields, bows, arrows is just more my style

-Batman-
10-11-2010, 03:31 AM
For starters, I have both games on the Xbox360 and the PC.
Why? Because I didn't have a PC that could run them back when I got them for the 360.
Now I do.
Screw the console versions.
I can't turn Fallout 3 on the 360 into a zombie survival sim, turning tenpenny tower and the surrounding area into a shanty town full of NPC's ready to fight off the undead hordes. Also, my character is Kamen Rider. Kamen Rider with a shotgun, unleashing wasteland justice upon slavers and zombies alike with a boot to the head and a shotgun up the bum.
I also can't turn my otherwise ugly-no-matter-how-you-try-to-edit-it character into a beautiful dark haired light skinned elven woman with light purple eyes and an entire wardrobe consisting of rejected hentai designs and gigantic anime swords.

Bethesda games were made for PC play, if only for moddability.

I will have to go with Fallout 3 however, as Fallout 2 is one of my favorite role playing experiences ever (Two words. Crashed. Whale.), where your character can be anything from the stalwart hero of the wastes revered by all as a saint to a 5 dollar ***** who sleeps with people for bottle caps and game (I'm not making this up. This is an actual mechanic in the game)
But...What does this have to do with Fallout 3? Simple.
If not for Fallout 3, they'd never have green lighted New Vegas, a game made mostly by development team members from the first two fallout games, and I long to be part of the glorious storytelling from the first two Fallout games rendered in three dimensions covered in brown and dirt.

The only really hard choice between the two for me was who made the better throwaway celebrity voice? Captain Picard or Ra'as Al Qui'gon

Inactive Account 0061
10-13-2010, 01:01 AM
I'd say Fallout 3. Mostly because it's a friggin awesome rpg.. Also, I really like the whole ''post apocalyptic'' theme.

Lord Tsukuyomi
10-14-2010, 08:29 AM
I have both games for the P3. Way too many glitches, but that not the point. Fallout is better to me cause Oblivion is lvl'ed and that sucks. In Fallout you go to a random place at lvl 4 *Cough Old Olney Cough* and get jumped by two Deathclaws, that right there is a challenge of epic proportions.

-Batman-
10-16-2010, 12:34 AM
I have both games for the P3.

There's your first mistake.
Bethesda anything on a console is about as fun as a brown recluse bite.

Anime-Prince
10-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Oblivion. The story line was more engaging. Yet I felt free enough to explore. I enjoy the medieval aspect of setting. I prefer, knights, and armour, and horses. I felt a lot more empathy for the characters. I thought the paths for progression were a lot more accessible. Oh and the difficulty level varied throughout the entire game for me. Some times I found myself able to overcome enemies, and sometimes I found it incredibly hard. At both the start of the game, to the end.

Psyco_Panda
10-16-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd have to go fallout 3 cuz oblivion gets old fast

Furore
10-18-2010, 09:55 AM

Doubly so on the PS3.
Fallout 3 in particular freezes much more frequently for me on PS3 than on 360.
It's a pity they're stuck using outdated hardware - just makes the PC versions seem a lot better even before adding mods into the equation.

Hanamaru Kunikida
10-18-2010, 10:29 AM
So at Fallout 3 on PS3.

Just like Batman, I have both games on both Xbox 360 and PC.

Eris
10-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Fallout 3. It's marginally less meh than Oblivion. But this is entirely down to what little "Fallout" has rubbed off onto it, which isn't a whole lot. Bethesda clearly wouldn't know an RPG if it rolled a 20 and hit them in the face with a vorpal battle axe.

I'm somewhat hopeful about New Vegas, though.

miniPhil
10-18-2010, 03:48 PM
The answer has always, and will always be, Morrowind.

Lord Tsukuyomi
10-21-2010, 07:43 AM

Well thanks for that one, but I'm not into the computer for hardcore gaming. Plus the desktop that I'm currently using is trash. I'll stick to my trusty PS3. Like I said before it freezes up a lot due to the sheer size of the game but it still gets the job done...eventually.

Sailor Strawberry
01-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Fallout 3 for me, since Oblivion was just too funny with its loads of bugs. Even though Fallout 3 has way too less quests which Oblivion hasnt, it's the atmosphere that counts (for me (; ).