PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man

TomoyoSakagami
10-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Iron Man

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8682/26227l.jpg

Synopsis (Do I have to give one? really?):

"Tony Stark is a physicist, an engineer, and the CEO of a major arms manufacturing company. On a battlefield he is injured from his own weapons and taken prisoner by terrorists. In order to keep his own heart beating, he creates the Ironman Suit and escapes. Once free, Stark decides to dedicate his life to pursuing world peace with the Ironman technology, so he moves to Japan to use the resources of "Lab 23," home of the world's first Arc Reactor. Wanting to devote himself fully to this research, Stark decides to retire as Ironman and announce the mass-production of suits to fulfill his duties. But at the announcement ceremony he is attacked by the mysterious organization known as "Zodiac," and his plans have to change."

Yeah you guessed it, Iron man in anime form! Stan Lee is overseeing the project so expect some original elements in it. Let's just hope it don't turn into another Heroman in which imo, sucked!

Episode 1 aired today so go see your favourite hero! Cheesy -__-

Elukien
10-02-2010, 08:44 AM
They made a anime version of Iron Man? thats great but i think that Marvel and Anime shouldn't mix. It could be really good but its best to keep them apart.

Token Black Guy
10-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Marvel did a bunch of manga-styled comics called Marvel Mangaverse in 2005.(Link) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Mangaverse) I think that anime redisign looks pretty cool. It looks kind of like the movie version of Iron Man in my opinion.

AmaroWolfwood
10-03-2010, 02:19 AM
Isn't Marvel owned by Disney now? Disney has also done some awesome stuff with Hayao Miyazaki, so there's no reason a Marvel anime couldn't be awesome. It'd be a great change of pace from the Western stuff they've been making (Hero Squad~).

Gjallarhorn
10-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Isn't Marvel owned by Disney now? Disney has also done some awesome stuff with Hayao Miyazaki, so there's no reason a Marvel anime couldn't be awesome. It'd be a great change of pace from the Western stuff they've been making (Hero Squad~).

Disney's never done anything with Hayao Miyazaki; they simply dub and release the films his studio does in the US and Canada.

I've yet to watch the first episode, but I remember seeing the trailer last year, and it at least looked very impressive. It was released for a trailer of Madhouse's upcoming Wolverine series, which looked awful.

AmaroWolfwood
10-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Disney's never done anything with Hayao Miyazaki; they simply dub and release the films his studio does in the US and Canada.

Ah, well then it could either be very good or very bad.

TomoyoSakagami
10-07-2010, 06:17 AM
I've finally got around to watching it and I have to admit that I was surprised. It was quite fast-paced, action packed with some humor and overall was a great start to what could be a great series.

Sr Machinehead
10-07-2010, 06:54 AM
I didn't hate it but the most fun i had watching it was when i was tired out of my mind. watching it normally it seemed like something i could watch but i'm not sure how well the series will go after the first episode i mean those are meant to draw you in. i'll probably end up watching it though since it's only an episode a week and my schedule can fit that perfectly.

TomoyoSakagami
10-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Tony Stark cleared his name in the second episode! Although I think that the defence dude is not all that he seems to be. I wonder what he's up to with that technology?

animedvdstore88
10-15-2010, 09:01 AM
They made a anime version of Iron Man? thats great but i think that Marvel and Anime shouldn't mix. It could be really good but its best to keep them apart.

I think shall be the movie copy the ideas of anime :)

TomoyoSakagami
10-29-2010, 04:09 AM
4th episode was good, the plot is moving on although we can clearly see Stan Lee's influence on this.

Doctor One
11-06-2010, 09:14 PM
What network is this airing on and where can I watch it?

TomoyoSakagami
12-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Yinsen, I could never truly hate you.

Iron man is pretty epic as an anime. I just wonder what Tony is going to do against Zodiac now, seeing how their plan is only just beginning.

TANKBRED
12-11-2010, 01:05 AM
IDK, I like how the anime looks, but it just doesn't *feel* right. I couldn't even get through the first episode. There's something about Tony Stark speaking Japanese that grates my nerves.

Or maybe it's just that I don't like Madhouse at all. (unsure)