PDA

View Full Version : McJrizzys Review on Fallout 3.

Daken.
09-22-2010, 05:23 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ugift2.png

Fallout 3 takes place in the year 2277, 36 years after the setting of Fallout 2 and 200 years after the nuclear apocalypse that devastated the game's world in a future where international conflicts culminated in a Sino-American war in the second half of the 21st century. The game places the player in the role of an inhabitant of Vault 101, a survival shelter the size of a village, designed to protect a small number of humans from the nuclear fallout. When the player character's father disappears under mysterious circumstances, the player is forced to escape from the Vault and journey into the ruins of Washington D.C. to track him down. Along the way the player is assisted by a number of human survivors and must battle a myriad of enemies that inhabit the area now known as the "Capital Wasteland". The game has an attribute and combat system typical of an action strategy game but also incorporates elements of first-person shooter and survival horror games.

Graphics - The graphics aren't that bad, but yet again, they could be a little more realisitc. The wasteland looks great, like the actual ruins of a place that has been hit hard. You have radioactive water, collapsed bridges, mutants, raiders, so many things. But the character is stiff at points.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2qwifso.png

Sound/Music - The sound, to the voices, down to the whole combat concept of the game are really great. The opition to be able to change your radio station, and be able to listen to music while you play whenever you choose too is a good thing to have in a game like this. Hearing the enemy from afar, can give you just a little suspense.

Entertainment - Really entertaining, I am someone who could play this game for hours on end. Wondering out in the wasteland is just fun, there are so many places to discover and a lot of quests you could do. What I also enjoy about this game is that you have your own choice whether you want to be a good guy in the game or a bad guy.

The game ends after you enter the code for the purifer, but if you buy the expansion pack which I have broken steel & Point lookout, Operation: Ancorage and The pitt, you could continue on and come back to life, do more quests, and continue to level up.

Other avaliable expansions for this game are, Mothership zeta.

But overall I would rate this game 9/10.