PDA

View Full Version : [GBC] Prince's Pokemon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition Review

Anime Forum
09-18-2010, 12:22 AM
History + Main Mission - Pokemon Yellow is a game created for the gameboy color and also one of the original Kanto installments in the Pokemon franchise. The game features 151 pokemon and is the first pokemon handheld game that features a different starter then the basic Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander. Released in Japan on September 12th 1998, Pikachu was the chosen mascot for this video game and also brings former rival Blue back for another round of competition and also evolution. The main mission of this game is to become the pokemon master and defeat the eight gym leaders, defeat the elite four and also complete your pokedex.

Graphics - 10/10. I am VERY impressed with the graphics for this game and I would be rude to give it a low score for being a 1998 Pokemon game. With much improvement over the other three original pokemon games, Pokemon Yellow is a game that will impress even modern day Pokemon fans.

Replay Value - 8/10. I feel like replay value is very needed in a game review. I don't think Pokemon Yellow offers a great value of replay after the elite four has been beaten. Reason I'm not going to lower its score so much is because it was a game made in 1998 and I don't expect various side goals to enter the game once the main goal has been accomplished.

Other Side Facts

- In North America, the game had around 150,000 pre orders.
- A Pokemon themed game boy color was also available at the time of purchase.

My Opinion - 10/10. Great game. If you haven't played it yet then your obviously missing out. What stands out for me mostly was how much hours I put into this game and still found enjoyment. I most likely had over 200 hours in this one game alone. I hope everyone enjoyed my review and I will be making more reviews in the future!

My Next Review : Animal Crossing [Gamecube]

Skylar1
09-18-2010, 12:38 AM
I like the color effects; more of those would be cool. ^^ heh

It was neat how Pikachu would follow you around in the game and stuff. Way before HG/SS ever came out. There was a sort of "specialness" that set it apart from R/B; Very good game indeed.

Anime Forum
09-23-2010, 05:01 PM
I agree. It was very special and it felt very unique.