PDA

View Full Version : [News] "Beauty of the Web" - Internet Explorer 9 Beta released

FlashD
09-16-2010, 04:14 AM
SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 15, 2010 – Microsoft today released a beta version of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) and introduced consumers to its vision of site-centric browsing and the promise of a more beautiful Web.
“The Web is about sites, and your browser should be, too,” Hachamovitch says. “IE9 puts you and your site at the center of the browser experience.”
Looks like Microsoft did it right this time and released a browser worth some attention. The new version brings hardware acceleration capabilities, canvas support, HTML5 and CSS3 support, an improved user interface and much more. With a score of 95/100 on Acid3 and a much faster JavaScript engine it finally left Firefox and Chrome back in the dust on a scripting and standards compatibility level.

Full article: -Click (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2010/sep10/09-15IE9Launch.mspx)-

Wio
10-10-2010, 11:32 PM
It's quite ironic how my loyalty to XP results in my having to ditch IE.

Anoleis
10-11-2010, 01:26 AM
GDI I just got Chrome and now I'm going to have to get IE9.
CURSE YOU MICROSOFT!!!

EDIT: Currently using IE9 and so far it sucks, big cahonies. Firstly I'm hoping these will be ironed out in the non-beta or w/e, but currently I cannot use the buttons on here like on chrome or firefox; Animeforume loads quiet differently, and looks broken; text is odd looking; and it is still slower than Chrome.
2/10

animedvdstore88
10-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Hope IE 9 will really improve.. As IE 8 is too far away from firefox..