PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the main issues that face women in society today?

Hypatia
09-06-2010, 07:22 AM
...There are many issues that face the woman of today. What do you think are the main issues?

brolyx74
09-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Women are split between the stupid ones, the evil feminists, and the good ones who are hard working. Unfortunately, the good ones aren't very vocal, so everyone focuses on the stupid and evil ones.

Mrmojorisin74
09-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Being a worker and being parent at the same time, that'll always be an issue. There is something to be said about women who stay home to raise children. The children tend to be more balanced, healthy.

Aku no Hikari
09-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't know if it's a "main" issue (there are tons of issues out there), but one of the big issues that face BOTH genders is that there are people (of both genders) who stick up to bad stereotypical traits just because they're men/women.

I mean seriously, how hard is it for a moderately intelligent human being to figure out that, regardless of their gender, ALL people should be hard-working, should pursue intellect, and should avoid bad traits, including some so-called "masculine" traits like being senseless, controlling, egoistic and bad-tempered, as well as some so-called "feminine" traits like being overly emotional, victimize-able, etc.?

Note that I'm not really advocating radical elimination of gender roles. Those traits I listed above are bad for ANY HUMAN. But other than that, if something is in the gray line, then whatever rocks your boat. (Personally, I have a bit more "traditional" stance when it comes to gender-related aesthetics.)

Skylar1
09-06-2010, 12:36 PM
This thread confuzzles me.

The OP is implying that there exists problems that somehow only affect females, but.. that doesn't even make sense.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah, it depends what you mean with main issues. A lot these main issues may also exist for males.

Being a worker and being parent at the same time, that'll always be an issue. There is something to be said about women who stay home to raise children. The children tend to be more balanced, healthy.

The same thing could be said about males.

aether
09-06-2010, 05:04 PM
The main issues are created through the sensualised media depicting the 'perfect' solution to this that and the other and YOU must comply to these in order to survive

Furore
09-07-2010, 06:20 AM
I feel the main issue in society for both genders is people sticking limitations on themselves based on their perceptions of how things are.
An example is I see one woman who doesn't believe in glass floors succeeding (and rubbing my face in the fact that she's probably my only friend making noticeably more then me) and I know another who does feel she can't advance as fast or as far as a man due to her gender and that effects her confidence directly, effecting her prospects as well.

I'm not suggesting inequality is a myth though, merely that seeing it where it mightn't be can destroy confidence.