PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for the perfect anime

SmileyJetsonxD
08-26-2010, 01:20 AM
I want to find a great romantic anime, but I am picky. I know you guys are very knowledgeable about animes, so please give me some recommendations. Here are my conditions, though:

1. The main female romantic interest needs to be strong-willed. I generally hate romantic animes where the girl looks like she's 5, and is perfect and shy. I feel like an old pervert when I watch that stuff. So unless the show is so unbelievable (i.e. Clannad) that it's a must watch, I'm not interested. Some examples of girls I love to see as romantic interests are Eri (blond girl) from School Rumble, Hayase (blue haired girl) from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, and Koizumi from Lovely Complex.

2. The show must be completed. I watched School Rumble and season one captivated me. And then it stole my heart and crushed it into pieces. Worst ending ever. I don't ever want to have to watch an anime that feels half-finished ever again.

3. There's at least some comedy in it. I'm a guy and I'm not trying to watch something that's purely lovey dovey.

4. The characters MUST be beautiful. Once again if the main romantic interest either looks like she's in preschool, or generally isn't very attractive, it ruins it for me.

Alright that's all. Sorry if I sound picky but I don't like wasting time, and I would really appreciate if you guys could help.

btw I have watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Lovely Complex, Clannad, and School Rumble so far. Please help!

Edely-san
08-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Well I don't know if this isn't about those all what you want that anime be but I like it: Sailor Moon :)
The first season's ending is so touching and there is romance and those characters past is interesting!!! You should try that!

Araragi
08-26-2010, 11:43 AM
i dunno dude -.- ... i think bakemonogatari is the right thing,its kinda romantic(harem like >.>) and action,mistery,paranormal based.... Senjougahara will crush your heart definitely XD

Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan
08-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Well, I was going to say Kare Kano, but you said the series has to be completed. While the anime is done, it, like most romance animes I've seen, was stopped halfway through the manga. It had everything you asked for, so I do recommend the manga if that will help. But I guess Air or Kanon 2006 would be good. Gundam the 08th MS Team might be mech, but the love interest is essentially half of the series, so maybe that too.

SmileyJetsonxD
08-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Well I don't know if this isn't about those all what you want that anime be but I like it: Sailor Moon :)
The first season's ending is so touching and there is romance and those characters past is interesting!!! You should try that!

Hmm I never given Sailor Moon a chance because it seems like the Barbie of animes. Is it really good?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Well, I was going to say Kare Kano, but you said the series has to be completed. While the anime is done, it, like most romance animes I've seen, was stopped halfway through the manga. It had everything you asked for, so I do recommend the manga if that will help. But I guess Air or Kanon 2006 would be good. Gundam the 08th MS Team might be mech, but the love interest is essentially half of the series, so maybe that too.

I'm okay with an anime not being complete if they don't try to throw together an ending that ruins the whole series. I don't know if I would understand Gundam because isn't there like 20 different series out for that show?
Hmm I'll check out the manga for Kare Kano. Is the anime still worth watching?

Capitán
08-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Well.... I can't really think of any anime that 100% fits your description.... close one might be Rosario + Vampire. But the main chick acts pretty childish unless she goes "inner self." Its also supernatural so....
I've heard Peach girl was a good romance. But I've never seen it....

Btw, School Rumble rocked! Second Semester was my favorite season.

SmileyJetsonxD
08-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Well.... I can't really think of any anime that 100% fits your description.... close one might be Rosario + Vampire. But the main chick acts pretty childish unless she goes "inner self." Its also supernatural so....
I've heard Peach girl was a good romance. But I've never seen it....

Btw, School Rumble rocked! Second Semester was my favorite season.

"_" it cant be THAT hard to find a romance-comedy anime where the girl is a tsundere and the show is finished...
But yeah School Rumble was such a good show. What a shame it was wasted.

Knightmare
08-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Toradora might interest you. Its a Romance/Comedy my favorite also. Here is a pic of the two leads.

SmileyJetsonxD
08-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Toradora might interest you. Its a Romance/Comedy my favorite also. Here is a pic of the two leads.
Haha I'm watching Toradora right now; I think it's pretty good. Any other good animes with a tsundere as a main romantic interest?

Knightmare
08-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Shakugan no Shana might be interesting as well. though its more action than romance though.

FluffyDango
08-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Ef - a tale of memories
Toradora!
Clannad
Lovely Complex
Romeo x Juliet

Strawberry Panic! (best yuri I`ve seen, very romantic)

I_SO_TIRED
08-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Hmmm.... I think Zero no Tsukaima might match your description, but go with the other's recommendations first because they know alot more then me...
Personally, I found it hilarious with some sort of romance every couple of episodes.

SmileyJetsonxD
08-30-2010, 05:17 PM
I just watched Toradora and I thought it was great! Recommend me some stuff kind of like that. I'm about to watch Zero no Tsukaima now...........

I_SO_TIRED
08-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Tell us what you think after a few episodes.

Mrmojorisin74
09-02-2010, 03:11 PM
I think there was one called Ai Yori Aoshi, a cute romantic anime, one of the few I liked.