View Full Version : Recommendation - Beats by Dre

Vyndrasta
08-18-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm just about ready to invest on these puppies:

http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5904
http://beatsbydre.com/images/products/showproducts_5904.jpg

or this:
http://beatsbydre.com/images/products/5621/solosAngles03.jpg

But before doing: so to those who already have any Beats product, how long did it usually last until it wears out? My iPhone earphone/headset usually lasted me about 4 months until I blew them out of quality sound.

Is it well worth the money? Or you guys know a much better and cheaper headphones/headset out there?

A little help.

-Thanks

animedvdstore88
10-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Maybe you can source for cheaper OEM product :)

Token Black Guy
10-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Those headphones look nice, but are expensive. Maybe you should get some Sony headphones. I have a set of Sony headphones that i bought for $20 bones back in 2007-2008 and they still work. If you want earbuds, then look at some by Sony, Phillips, Skull Candy, Panasonic, and JVC. I never had any headphones form Skull Candy, but i heard they were a good brand.

HumanoidTyphoon
10-18-2010, 01:25 AM
No way in HELL a pair of headphones is worth that much

NO WAY.

Token Black Guy
10-18-2010, 05:48 AM
No way in HELL a pair of headphones is worth that much

NO WAY.
I know man. But headphone like that are the kind that sound engineers in the music business use. They need to cut the price on them because that's just too much for headphones.

HumanoidTyphoon
10-18-2010, 11:10 AM
I know man. But headphone like that are the kind that sound engineers in the music business use. They need to cut the price on them because that's just too much for headphones.

I'm in the buisness dude. and im cool with my 40 quid seinheisers

youre really payin 100 pounds for a brand name IMO

OokamiYokai
11-27-2010, 06:20 AM
i hihgly dought that anyone who makes music, use the Dre headsett for music production . the most common headsett used for music production is either from M-audio or Senheiser.

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

i hihgly dought that anyone who makes music, use the Dre headsett for music production . the most common headsett used for music production is either from M-audio or Senheiser.

demonix
11-27-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm in the buisness dude. and im cool with my 40 quid seinheisers

youre really payin 100 pounds for a brand name IMO
Which is exactly the point of the price since all your paying for is the badge (like what Jeremy Clarkson said about the pricing of the BMW 1 series).

Daenerys
11-28-2010, 09:12 AM
I would have bought the Lady Gaga beats, if they ever had them anywhere I look. They only stock the P.Diddy/Dre ones. And they don't have the style I want. (Gaga's looks like faux crystal and theirs just look like big black things in your ears. lol.)

It's not just the brand name you are buying with something like this. For starbucks, it's all a brand name. That's all they advertise. They want you to feel good about buying that brand, so you keep buying it. But these headphones are seriously some of the most high tech headphones available for the lowest price, for peons like me and you.

MistaCloudStrife
12-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Just get a 2 year replacement plan at Best Buy. Stuff is expensive so you might as well get it covered.

Gero50
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't want to say these are bad, they're very high performance and I'm sure the audio quality is more then exceptional. Though they are not cheep and if you're gaming or listening to a lot of music in a public or loud room then I say go for it because they also had sound canceling too. Though if it were me I would look around and compare brands and their prices of a similar spec as in what features they have and there cost per 1 item, hints a pair of headphones. I wish you the best luck in finding what you need and hope it all goes well for you.

MistaCloudStrife
08-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Checking our my old subscribed threads and saw this.

I would have bought the Lady Gaga beats, if they ever had them anywhere I look. They only stock the P.Diddy/Dre ones. And they don't have the style I want. (Gaga's looks like faux crystal and theirs just look like big black things in your ears. lol.)

It's not just the brand name you are buying with something like this. For starbucks, it's all a brand name. That's all they advertise. They want you to feel good about buying that brand, so you keep buying it. But these headphones are seriously some of the most high tech headphones available for the lowest price, for peons like me and you.

I've actually gotten into headphones way more when I started thinking about getting some beats and/or bose headphones. Now I know much better. Have a good pair of ATs Open Air's, a pair of AT buds and another cheapo set. They ALL sounds amazing and for less than half the price of one Beats set. The the Open Air set would actually be used for professional music sampling, whereas I'll bet you money that Dr.Dre wouldn't even touch Beats to make or sample any of his music. He's just rolling around in money laughing at the fools who spent an extra wad of cash for something that creates artificial bass. I mean Artificial bass might be good for some people, don't get me wrong, but if you want to listen to music the way it's supposed to sound and if you're a real music head, don't even touch Beats. Ever. Srsly. I no kid.

ZeroLT1
08-02-2011, 06:35 PM
I will say the headphones do sound very nice, I still can see spending the amount that they want for them. Monster has expensive everything. Even HDMI cables. I mean come on... cable is a cable is a cable....

MistaCloudStrife
08-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I will say the headphones do sound very nice, I still can see spending the amount that they want for them. Monster has expensive everything. Even HDMI cables. I mean come on... cable is a cable is a cable....

I mean, yeah they'll sound nice to someone who hasn't listened to anything better, but the truth is you can get the same, or more than likely an even better sound for less from more companies known for making professional headphones made for actual music production. It's just that those companies aren't going to be selling their product in places like Best Buy. Oh how I wish they would sell ATs at Best Buy. I'd eargasm.

ZeroLT1
08-02-2011, 09:55 PM

I mean't to say I can't see spending that amount. x.x;

zekes
08-04-2011, 08:36 PM
It is a good investment but just make sure it has one year coverage of warranty so that you can replace it if it is defective.